Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

Stop feeding the greenie fraud :D

For once, this calls for the unmodified version.

658.png

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It's pretty fucked in eesti because this is literally the only point in the year where we get temps over ~25c aside from maybe one day in spring. It's really bad since the humidity has been really high too, was around 90% a couple of days ago IIRC.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I know your local educators probably didn't teach you how to read, but we're talking about heat rather than light.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's pretty fucked in eesti because this is literally the only point in the year where we get temps over ~25c aside from maybe one day in spring. It's really bad since the humidity has been really high too, was around 90% a couple of days ago IIRC.
I sweat with you, man!

I moved to this country among other things to escape the far too hot (I consider everything above 23°C far too hot) climate further south in Germany.
And now this! FFS.
Well, at least I did get a 6-month long winter and finally felt at peace with my environment. Nothing better than the serenity of a long and dark winter :incline:

I live where the average is 33-36 C all year round
What the... how.. I'd be afraid my brain cells would just melt away. At least that's what I feel like right now, and I have about 30 C :lol:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I sweat with you, man!

I moved to this country among other things to escape the far too hot (I consider everything above 23°C far too hot) climate further south in Germany.
And now this! FFS.
Well, at least I did get a 6-month long winter and finally felt at peace with my environment. Nothing better than the serenity of a long and dark winter :incline:

What the... how.. I'd be afraid my brain cells would just melt away. At least that's what I feel like right now, and I have about 30 C :lol:
thankfully i am a middle class family and work white collar job, i get to spend tje days in fully AC room most of the day

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
We live in houses that are designed for cold winters and even colder summers. They have no cooling. They are well insulated.

Evolution has adjusted us to thrive in cold.

There is a god damn good reason to complain. The heat in kwanzania or south east Asia didn't bother me as much as this constant barbecue does.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Don't whine. Join!
Don't whine, join... The whining? I'm confused, but I'll jump in.

I live in an estuary-marshland and work a back-breaking blue-collar job. There's not a single spike of termic amplitude that isn't amplified to its worst by the combination of the general humidity proper to the land, and that of being stuck in a factory with neither heating nor conditioning. Since many are broken, the gates for the trucks are perpetually open. There's no shielding from the cold winds nor the early mists in winter, and the tin roofs, ever holding onto the scorching heat of cloudless summers, got so many holes you might as well be standing in the open when it rains.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Don't whine. Join!
Don't whine, join... The whining? I'm confused, but I'll jump in.

I live in an estuary-marshland and work a back-breaking blue-collar job. There's not a single spike of termic amplitude that isn't amplified to its worst by the combination of the general humidity proper to the land, and that of being stuck in a factory with neither heating nor conditioning. Since many are broken, the gates for the trucks are perpetually open. There's no shielding from the cold winds nor the early mists in winter, and the tin roofs, ever holding onto the scorching heat of cloudless summers, got so many holes you might as well be standing in the open when it rains.
What does not kill you makes you stronger.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You muppets cry about 20C weather. It is like you live in a place that gets 40+C heat regularly or something... Or one that has 30+C heat all year round.

Stop feeding the greenie fraud :D

Well they are not whining that much about the degrees but about the sudden unnatural climate change. You too will also whine if the next summer the temperature doesn't go above 15C in your country. We too noramlly have a summer with 30C - 40C,it is really weird to not go above 25C-28C this year.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
[QUOTE="thesheeep

He can't. They stopped letting in third-world refugees, remember?
No need to go as a refugee, I have the European citizenship already. Perhaps it's time I head over there to live on welfare and culturally enrich your families while you're off at work.

vota DC

Augur
This is the coldest summer ever. I don't even need to water the crops because it is raining very often. All time saved to develop the game.

Today blog we are talking about the Thought Cabinet, where you develop character traits for your cop, giving your skills new and strange side effects.
Such thought sare determined on both your skills and your decisions, they are also mutually exclusive. For example if you have a very high Physical Instrument at some point you will have to help your fellow cops against strikers, but you will have also the option to backstab the police and build your own proletarian revolution. If you helped the police and have high Physical Instrument you will gain a huge Volition bonus every time you go around shirtless harvesting the wheat while if you sided with workers you will gain a Pain Threshold because you are a man of steel.
Not all Thought Cabinets are just flat bonuses. For example if you have a big Inland Empire and use a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle to reach another location then you will be immune to drowning, able to store huge items in your pockets, and you will be able to pierce those nasty ceramic armors that some of your foes wear but for these great advantages you will have some very nasty side effects like going berserk every time you see a porcelain item, even if you manage to surpass the berserker check you will have other nuisances like believing it is always ten o'clock.

Next week we will talk about release date because it is already August, so second half of 2018. Coming soon modding and the first DLC where we will expand the playable characters with the introduction of a special power to possess people like Dungeon Keeper, we will of course introduce a huge floating slapping hand in the second DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom