Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Gone 3D.

The first new DISGAEA game in six years is here! Meet Zed, a zombie that has risen above them all except one - a God of Destruction! Can a mere Netherworld zombie rise up and destroy a god? Features such as Super Reincarnation, 3D visuals (a first for this series), and adjustable gameplay settings make this the perfect game for both new and old DISGAEA fans!

Coming Summer 2021!

Switch exclusive for now, expecting it's coming to other platforms later.

Perkel

Arcane
I really hope they change formula a bit. Introduction of characters in 3D isn't really going to change anything other than graphics.

Switch exclusive for now, expecting it's coming to other platforms later.

Switch emulators are soo good right now that they play most of games day1 at release at full speed. And recently one of them added even online.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well that didn't last. Japanese trailer/press mention that this is also coming to PS4.

Japanese release date is January 28th.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
9e6VEft.jpg

Terra

Cipher
Not sold on 3D, need to see how it looks in gameplay. Will wait on the PC complete version regardless, still have 4, 5 & D2 to get through.

flyingjohn

Arcane
As long as they have a bazillion systems and a anime plot it will be a nippon ichi game.
Shame about the visuals,stuff like the princes liar and that horror game looked quite good from a aesthetic perspective.

Repressed Homosexual
Looks pretty good.

Not sure I will ever truly be interested in a Disgaea game again. Way too much pointless grind that I don't have the time for.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Game looks fine, well as far as Disgaea or NIS SRPG series do.

The 3D is honestly is just OK as well.

The problem is Disgaea has been the same game for 5 game straight mechanically with some minor differences. And the game "fun" is gated behind hundred hours of grind.

Codex would like to stay the same but really this series needs big innovation because at this point besides NIS usually silly plot, there is kinda no reason to but the same game again.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Gameplay at glorious 360p. The game starts around 1:23.

edit:

replace the video

Last edited:

Terra

Cipher
Those new models just don't pop/stand out enough on the battlefield compared to the old sprites. It's close, but they look muted, despite the effort they've put in to replicate sprite poses, etc. Also not a fan of the hard cuts to 3D-emphasised special attacks, betting they'll last way too long while adding little to the experience.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
It's Disgaea so I'm sure the gameplay will be good but the character designs look like shit. All of them are awful. I can't believe they made a Disgaea that doesn't have any good waifus. Every game before this at least had one.

Derringer

Prophet
It's Disgaea so I'm sure the gameplay will be good but the character designs look like shit. All of them are awful. I can't believe they made a Disgaea that doesn't have any good waifus. Every game before this at least had one.
I can't tell if it's someone impersonating Harada's art or or his designs are just getting shittier since they look pretty half-assed, that tends to happen a lot with people as they age and make the same product for several decades.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Would you look at that. 3D models + chibi style.

I hate this combo...

What's next? Ruin the default camera angle?

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I started playing this yesterday. It's pretty good so far. They've really amped things up with the numbers though. You gain levels crazy fast and everyone has thousands of hitpoints at level 1. Also, this skill made me laugh

1oxi6d.png

Miner 2049er

Scholar
The number bloat is insane. Good job boycotting your own systems. At least in the early hours, it makes no sense to buy new weapons, when they only add like 0,01%. You go from level 1 to 50 in the first map and when you deal damage, you're seeing numbers like 24K. Disgusting.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have only played Disgaea 1. It is a fun game with good combat and a charming and entertaining campaign plot. Never bothered to go to the ultra grinding part, but had fun unlocking classes and entering item worlds to improve the equipment.

If eventually wanted to try another on the saga with more refined systems, which is the best bet? Disgaea 5?

Tehdagah

Arcane
The number bloat is insane. Good job boycotting your own systems. At least in the early hours, it makes no sense to buy new weapons, when they only add like 0,01%. You go from level 1 to 50 in the first map and when you deal damage, you're seeing numbers like 24K. Disgusting.
Maybe you can reach level one billion

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Maybe you can reach level one billion
You're supposed to hit level 9999 the reincarnate to level 1 and start over. So kind of I guess?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom