Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
So how is the meta-management game now that auto-battle is in?

Miner 2049er

Scholar
I can't answer that, but auto-battle is the best thing ever happend to the series. You can play it emulated, minimize the window and play another game.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I literally haven't used auto battle even once except for when I accidentally hit the button for it. I want to actually play the game and I'm not trying to grind hard enough to need it.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Auto Battle on repeat the first fight in the game and come back a year later to see the results!

Review:

Last edited:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
I finished the story. I died of diabeetus and super reincarnated!

The game's auto-battle potential increases as you play the game and there are several unlocks tied to it, with each one massively increasing your efficiency.

This game might not have the content of D5, but it is still a very fun game with a lot of content.

If you are on the fence about it, buy it, you wont regret it.

wh1teflare

Barely Literate
Last time I played all I used was Prinnies without DLC. I'm interested in how atrocious the grind for such a cripple playthrough would be now that NIS got their CCP bribe and introduced autoplay to their game.

Can anyone who has played both D5 and now D6 tell me what the time investment for D6 is in comparison to D5?
Is it as enjoyable as boiling prisoners down to protein shakes or painful like spamming soda bottles?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
I hope they dial back the automation. I do hope they keep the DI and even improve upon it, but I also want to manually play the game. There needs to be a best of both worlds that combine these mechanics. Disgaea 6 felt more like an Idle game rather than a Disgaea game.

EDIT:
I just read the article above and YES, we have incline.

“Auto Battles” level up your characters only little work. Using an item called “Masoline,” you can command your party to fight through stages you have already cleared. Setting AIs according to the stage can let you efficiently level up your characters with less “Masoline” usage!
You need to have an item in stock to auto battle. Basically you need to work for auto battling. DI is still there too.
Masoline” can be obtained by meeting certain conditions ,clearing a stage, or completing a quest.
Hopefully it isn't simple to set up auto battling to the point where it feeds itself infinitely, at least not too soon in the game.

Reincarnating items sounds fun.

Last edited:
Unwanted
Dumbfuck
The loli-neko-gyaru is pure incline, might be the first game i play in the series.
UL2hBBr.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom