Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dishonored by Arkane

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Bethesda Softworks believes in their vision and is giving them all the time, money, and development help (regular meetings with guys like The Elder Scrolls' Todd Howard don't make your game worse) they need.

:retarded:

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Idea is good, seems like a Thief/Deus Ex kind of game in theory. I've at least some hope for it given that Arkane is on it regardless of Beth as the publisher.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, I don't know what to say. I am really excited about this.

:yeah:

Or perhaps it will be another shitty ME clone, like Alpha Protocol and DX: Human devolution?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Arkane is one of those developers that might actually stand a chance of making a good game. Looking forward to more information.

Roderick

Savant
Oh shit this sounds like it could be very interesting. hope it's Deus Ex-y

Gord

Arcane
Morgoth said:
On the downside though, the games uses the shitty Unreal Engine 3.

This is bad for what reason?

Or would you prefer they used Beths iteration of Gamebryo instead? :smug:

Black

Arcane
Am I the only one who's getting pissed off when publishers get credits for games, like so
Bethesda’s next game is a first-person stealth/action adventure
?
Bethesda's not making it, thank god, you faggots.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Arkane studios actually have a half decent record. Arx Fatalis had potential. Dark Messiah was very good for what it is. Unfortunately, reading that article hurts my brain.

We've seen the game running, and now we share Colantonio and Smith's vision too. Dishonored is the antithesis of a edge-of-your-seat roller-coaster ride. It's a game about assassination where you don't have to kill anyone. It's a game about infiltration where you can set up traps and slaughter the entire garrison of an aristocrat's mansion rather than sneak in. It's a game about brutal violence where you can slip in and out of a fortified barracks with nobody ever knowing you were there. It's a game about morality and player choice where the world you create is based on who you kill and don't kill, not navigating conversation trees.

Fixed. Good luck with the hyping shit up. Whole concept sounds interesting, but, meh. Show me the gameplay.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hope this time they make a Dark Messiah that isn't boring. The best part of that game was probably level design, with shitloads of secrets and many instances where you could dick around with rope arrows for good measure. If only the rest wasn't so repetitive.

BumChums

Barely Literate
I find it hilarious how Bethpasdo has exclusive rights to id tech 5 to their legion of minions and yet no game has been announced that uses it yet.

Black

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Hope this time they make a Dark Messiah that isn't boring. The best part of that game was probably level design, with shitloads of secrets and many instances where you could dick around with rope arrows for good measure. If only the rest wasn't so repetitive.

You know what's boring? Your face.
Dick. Get some taste.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
In related news, Black is entertained by kicking simulators. Do you watch wrestling?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Admiral jimbob said:
Someone didn't play on the hardest difficulty.

Nope. But on the other hand, I didn't even use kicking that much either, mostly stealth kills because all the melee weapons were useless as all shit :M

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Darth Roxor said:
Admiral jimbob said:

Nope. But on the other hand, I didn't even use kicking that much either, mostly stealth kills because all the melee weapons were useless as all shit :M
Guess someone is just shit at the game :smug:

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Excellent. Though I was hoping for a sequel to Arx Fatalis, dungeon crawls are a little underrated, and stealth is starting to get a little too much love from the wrong people lately... The only one on my radar is Thief 4. Maybe.

MikeJahn

Educated
Darth Roxor said:
Admiral jimbob said:

Wtf? If you develop melee skills it becomes laughably easy to chop down hoards of orcs.

ElectricOtter

Hell yes, I was hoping Arkane would announce a new title soon. Hopefully it will be a good stealth game with some nice C&C among the storms of shit being released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom