Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

dislikes

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
Ok I want to start a thread specifically to talk about things people don't like, particularly if at all possible I want to hear from folks who downloaded and played the demo but won't be buying it.
Why not? (other than hardware compatibility/stability issues)
This is for things that are genuinely broken or really frustrating or make you reconsider having purchased it if you have -- we're already getting a lot of great feedback on what can be improved and tweaked and that's really helpful and constructive, but I want to invite some more direct and harsher criticism maybe? :wink:

cheers,
-mat

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I've downloaded the demo and I'm currently contemplating if I'll give you my $25 or not. My biggest dislike is what you didn't want to know about, stability, getting crashes in almost every game I play (I think I've only voluntarily quit the game a few times) bugs me a bit.

Other dislikes include things such as making it an unnecessary hassle to pick up multiple items from the ground, that it sometimes difficult to target an individual in a larger group, that I have to manipulate the camera as much as I do (I guess I'm just not used to it) and that certain skills (for example, Power of Flame) seems underpowered when compared to other.

However, I still find myself very much liking the game and I'm leaning more towards buying than not buying.

Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
Sadly, due to the graphics.
I hate myself for it, but I can only stand to play about 30 min because of the graphics. And I just beat Geneforge and am going thru Nethergate. I will play it, I assure you, but I just plan on playing a few games that hit me as a peice of visual art.
Also, dispite the fact that alot of the ingame menus are relitively intuitive, the main menu is a little odd.

alebrown

Novice
A second on the bugs. This really detracts from gameplay despite the fact that I'm quite enjoying it otherwise.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The most frustrating thing for me is the camera, I think I read a post that you were working on making walls and such blocking views of characters transparant (or at least it was on the list of things to do) and thats gonna be a huge improvment. Having to spin the camera around to find doors on houses, or stand the camera and its head to find NPCs in small houses really distracts from the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom