Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divine Divinity Steam Release Gameplay Trailer Excitement

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Game is great, the trailer is not...

And isn't that massive view a bit game-breaking, since there's no "fog"?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
1) There is fog of war in the game
2) there are even skills to increase the range of your sight on the map iirc

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They are different versions.

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.ph...reen-support-see-trailer-post-31/page__st__30

the version on GOG and the version on Steam are different ports due to an accident at Larian that caused us to lose the source code of the GOG version. It's a pretty stupid thing, but sometimes things go wrong. So to make the Steam version, the port to adapt for Windows 7, had to be redone. Therefore, there's no relation between the GOG version and the Steam version, other than they're based on the same original game.

We're going to look at what issues might appear if we release the Steam version on GOG, and if none show up, we'll make it available there too, just to make future updates easier.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Hopefully the Steam version runs better than the GOG version. I've been playing it lately and it has some slowdown when running at higher resolutions and with lots of characters on screen.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Fuck me I just bought the gog version because it was on the top sellers list and I thought it was the same one as the Steam version. Hopefully they patch the gog version too.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Own the GOG version but might buy the Steam one, too, if it gets a bargain sale. Throw a few more shekels at Larian and, of course, GabeN. If anyone buys this let me know if the Steam overlay works in-game because it doesn't work with the GOG version.

adure

Liturgist
i think ive just edited the ini files years ago to play high res.
am im wrong?

Severian Silk

If they replace the GOG version with the Steam version, then presumably you will be able to simply re-download it from GOG.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Reminds me I was going to finish that. So far I just got to the forest.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Own the GOG version but might buy the Steam one, too, if it gets a bargain sale. Throw a few more shekels at Larian and, of course, GabeN. If anyone buys this let me know if the Steam overlay works in-game because it doesn't work with the GOG version.
From what I've heard, Steam overlay still does not work.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
From what I've heard, Steam overlay still does not work.

:keepmyjewgold:

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I'm not a Diablo type of fan but if you get past the first five or seven levels at the beginning it turns into a fun RPG. One of my few favourites in the last decade, well worth checking out.

Repressed Homosexual
GOG version is not compatible with saves from the CD version, I'm still butthurt about it. What's the point of making new remixes if it just breaks more stuff than it fixes? The CD version was super easy to adapt to the highest high-resolution monitors, just edit some .ini file.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom