Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity 2: All Along the Battle Tower

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Divinity 2; Larian Studios

Over at the <a href="http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=18229&Number=356930#Post356930" target="blank">Larian Studios Forums</a>, LS staff member Lar went into detail about having your own personal Battle Tower in <b><a href="http://larian.com/egodraconis.php" target="blank">Divinity 2: Ego Draconis</a></b>. There's some potentially cool stuff here:
<br>
<blockquote>Each platform is operated by a npc which you put there, meaning that you'll have a choice between npc's. The choice of npc will decide the particular strengths of an individual platform. For instance, you can choose between an enchanter who's good at armor or an enchanter who's good at weaponry.</blockquote>
<br>
<blockquote>-The enchanter allows you to enchant and disenchant equipment you discover in the world.
<br>
-The necromancer allows you to customize your Creature. The Creature is a stitched together Frankenstein like err... creature where the limb composition determines its abilities and stats.
<br>
-The skill trainer allows you to increase the maximum level of certain skills and perhaps the unlocking of a skill here and there
<br>
-The alchemist allows you to brew all kinds of potions</blockquote>
<br>
<blockquote>There are also some inhabitants in the tower. These include your runners. Runners are npcs that you can send out on various missions to collect ingredients/formulas for your platform npcs. You can send them out on easy but also on hard missions. Their chances of success are determined by the gear you provide them with.</blockquote>
<br>
But there's also a "gift" from Neverwinter Nights:
<br>
<blockquote>The tower can be accessed using what's called a dragon stone, which allows you to quickly teleport at almost any point in the game back and forth to your tower.</blockquote>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/">RPG Watch</A>

FalloutBR

Educated
-The necromancer allows you to customize your Creature. The Creature is a stitched together Frankenstein like err... creature where the limb composition determines its abilities and stats.

Great... Spore's RPG elements included. Check.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
The necromancer allows you to customize your Creature. The Creature is a stitched together Frankenstein like err... creature where the limb composition determines its abilities and stats.
does it mean you can harvest hookers for parts? because that would bedontsayawesomedontsaveawesome weird.

Fenril

Scholar
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh OOoooooooooooo

Seriously just make a good combat system, use decent voice actors, and forget about the gimmicks. Although the teleporter pyramids are a must.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This sounds quite fun actually. While not on the "must have" list of RPG features, a bit of stronghold management rarely goes wrong.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Interesting. I hope it doesn't go the way of battlefields in BD: potentially intriguing on paper, utter shite in execution.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah I keep thinking of the battlefields... I keep the hope that they learned the lessons from their previous game but that's when I remember I'm Belgian and so should be overtly enthusiast about this game.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I got it in a pack with DD so I do not complain that much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom