Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity 2 doesn't suck like I thought it would

made

Arcane
Just started playing it today, it's actually quite decent.

No quest compass, no journal that guides your ever step. Exploration is fun, plenty of secrets and not-so-obvious quests to uncover. Didn't get far in the story yet, I expect a lame plot twist pretty soon. There seems to be some C&C on the level of Gothic, multiple quest solutions etc.

Dialogue and voice acting are pretty shit but whatever. Music otoh is awesome, just the right amount of epic without being cheesy.

Does it get worse as the game goes on?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
YEAH BRO I CHECKED OUT THE DEMO TODAY THERE ARE LOTS OF SUPER GAY THINGS BUT MAYBE IT MIGHT BE WORTH PLAYING IT PISSED ME OFF THAT I COULDNT TRY TO KILL THE FUCKING TOWN THOUGH

Phelot

Arcane
It does get worse unfortunately. As soon as you become a dragon it goes downhill despite getting the nifty tower thing. The fjords are incredibly boring in my opinion. The dungeons are still ok, but again the dragon parts are bad, especially the floating fortresses.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
The floating fortresses are the ultimate in fucking seething mess of suck. So yes, I echo phelot: enjoy the game for now, but not long after you can transform, it all goes down the shitter.

made

Arcane
So just like Risen: promising start, lame endgame.

How does Div1 compare?

Heresiarch

Prophet
Why is the dragon suck? Bad controls, bad gameplay, lame design or wut?

I've heard DIV2 removed all the elves and dwarves too, which I think it's lame.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Trash said:
Are these floating fortresses something which I can attack, destroy, rip apart and do other nasty things to as a dragon or are they just lame dungeons?

The former. And a tiny bit of the latter.
But destroying the fortress still look crappy ( graphicwhore-wise )

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Lair on the ps3 was a rather shit game which only redeeming factor was being able to raze entire armies and fortresses into the ground with your dragon and divinity manages to fuck this up? Amazing.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yea Trash, I hear you man. How hard is it to make destroying shit and blowing things up fun? I mean, seriously, destroying things and blowing things up seems almost ready to be a game by itself! And, unfortunately, more often thatn not it is...

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Destroying flying fortresses is a really just a chore. Basically you go around in dragon form destroying towers and enemies for an hour until you unlock teleport to a small dugeon where you kill more enemies and the commander of the fortress, and thats it.

First chapter was really promising but the moment you become dragon everything goes door the toilet, funny how Xbox reviewers praise dragon part the most.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
made said:
So just like Risen: promising start, lame endgame.

How does Div1 compare?

2/3 decent, the last part goes down massively.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Heresiarch said:
Why is the dragon suck? Bad controls, bad gameplay, lame design or wut?

Everything, but bad controls plays a large part in the suckitude.

Trash said:
Are these floating fortresses something which I can attack, destroy, rip apart and do other nasty things to as a dragon or are they just lame dungeons?

You destroy catapults and towers, but technically it's not like you will be tearing the whole thing apart until it crashes to the earth. In fact, much of the time you'll be flying around trying to avoid "anti-dragon shields" until you locate the switch to deactivate said shield. That or take a gamble and shift back to human form to plunge through the shield.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom