Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance Released

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Divinity 2; Larian Studios

<p>And when I say <a href="http://www.larian.com/" target="_blank">released</a> I mean the german version. But fear not, as usual Larian Studios will use the Krauts as free beta testers, an approach benefitial for all of you as soon as the english version hits the shelves.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>There's even a review already over at Gamestar.de (86%), <a href="http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&amp;sl=de&amp;tl=en&amp;u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestar.de%2Fspiele%2Fdivinity-2-flames-of-vengeance%2Ftest%2Fdivinity_2_flames_of_vengeance%2C45967%2C2316670.html" target="_blank">here's a Google translation</a>.<a href="http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/divinity-2-flames-of-vengeance/test/divinity_2_flames_of_vengeance,45967,2316670.html" target="_blank"><br /></a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>The most important info is they basically cut the Dragon stuff, you'll be questing mostly in Aleroth where turning into dragonform is not allowed. You'll still have your Dragon Tower though. You can import a character or start a new one at lvl35, which is pretty generous since reaching lvl35 wasn't easy in Divinity 2. Plus it seems this time you can prevail at the end.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
dunno but you can do something about it

1) get a job
2) earn money
3) afford a decent gaming rig
4) performance issues gone

Misterhamper

Scholar
An official forum post on July 8, 2010 announced "Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga" will include a remastered version of Divinity II - Ego Draconis, featuring new content and an improved engine, as well as the new Flames of Vengeance addon, which will also be available separately. [13] The addon's official website announces that the Dragon Knight Saga and the Flames of Vengeance addon will be released in Germany around the middle of August 2010 for PC and Xbox 360. All other language versions will be released in October 2010. [14]

Seems interestering.

VentilatorOfDoom said:
dunno but you can do something about it

1) get a job
2) earn money
3) afford a decent gaming rig
4) performance issues gone
Are you on drugs or what? The original game had stuttering on even the bestest gaming rigs. Just check out their tech forum.

Raapys

Arcane
Gonna check this out. D2 had some potential, though obviously way too many flaws. If they've cut the dragon stuff then it looks like they've seen it too, so maybe it will turn out great.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Some Moron On Welfare said:
Are you on drugs or what? The original game had stuttering on even the bestest gaming rigs. Just check out their tech forum.

Never read their tech forums. Reason: never had performance problems.

laclongquan

Arcane
that is one good approach to betatesting. Instead of releasing right away with bugs and do a full patch very soon, they subject their local customers to a buggy beta version. And I bet that we out of Germany envy those bastard of the privilege.

Ruprekt

Scholar
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Some Moron On Welfare said:

Never read their tech forums. Reason: never had performance problems.

Same here: the game is flawless for me on maximum settings.

Maybe it's an issue with the newest drivers? I have an 9800gtx with win XP so I haven't bothered updating them in a while.

bat_boro

Arcane
I could never ever play it. It loads and then I get ingame after the cutscene (which is perfectly fine) and I get a black screen. Too bad, I wanted to see if it's any good but never did

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom