Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Divinity 2 interview at GameBanshee

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Divinity 2; Larian Studios

GameBansgee has an <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/divinity2-1.php">interview</a> with Swen Vincke from Larian Studios, concerning of course the upcoming Divinity 2: Ego Draconis. I'm pretty sure it doesn't contain anything we don't already know from the <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=95&ref=0&id=67">RPGWatch preview</a>, save for this little bit about quests in an inn:<blockquote><b>Swen</b>: In general – there’s a lot of choice in the quests and we’ve tried to give all those choices cool consequences. When I say consequences, I mean that often entire different quest chains open up because of a choice you make. We’ve gone quite far in that. For example, there’s a quest where you have to throw out some drunkards from an inn. When you do that, an entire quest hub opens up as the people start coming back to the inn. Furthermore, depending on how you handled the quest, two very different quest chains open up too.</blockquote>Still, there's another part which showcases a different aspect of approaching multiplatform design:<blockquote><b>GB: Will there be any differences between the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game? What steps have you taken to ensure that the interface works well on both platforms?</b>
<br>
<br>
Swen: The interfaces on PC & Xbox 360 are very different, because both systems are focusing on different control mechanisms (mouse and keyboard on PC, joypad on Xbox 360).</blockquote>It's as simple as that. So, Bethesda, please tell us once again why we'll have to endure with a console interface on our PCs?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Saxon1974

Prophet
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
This looks pretty promising. I'll have to give Divine Divinity a shot...

You know I really think this would be a great game if it werent for the mass hack and slash combat parts, they are really the only part I dont like.

I dont have alot of time for gaming, but I finally made it to the big city of Verdistis and its great, quite large with many interesting people to talk to you and even some humor. I think the music might be the best all time in this game.

I also really love the 2D graphics, the lighting in the tavern's flickers just right that makes it look so cool.

I sure hope the 3D sequel can preserve some of this feel to the game, although I doubt it.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Kingston said:
Divinity had a pretty distinct art style but it appears to be gone in the sequel. Div2 looks pretty generic, has none of the charm of its predecessor. However, the questing sounds good.

Im surprised at how many 3D RPG's look almost exactly the same and have the same feel. I wonder if that intentional due to the success of games like Oblivion?

The 2D generation games seemed to do a better job of creating their own unique style and to this point I have yet to like the graphics in a 3D game better than some of my 2D favorites.

I hope at least some of this is retained the the DD sequel, granted it looks 3D and Obliviony but the art style looks decent from the screenies but you can never really tell until you play it.

Hopefully the world will be openly explorable and the quests will be good as you said. I also saw that the same guy is composing the music, that's a big plus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom