Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Divinity Anthology Special Offer at GOG

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Beyond Divinity; Divine Divinity; Divinity 2; Larian Studios

GOG.com has launched a week-long special "bundle" offer on the Divinity Anthology. It's a "pay what you want" bundle, with the caveat that the more you pay, the more games you get:

How exactly does the promo work?

It's simple: use the slider to decide how much you are going to pay. Depending on your choice you will receive one of three packages of these fantastic games from the Divinity Anthology.

You can pay any price you want and receive Divine Divinity, the classic RPG that started it all, along with the 6 goodies that come with the game. If you pay more than the average price for the Anthology, you'll receive Divine Divinity and the next game in the series, Beyond Divinity, as well as all 12 goodies from these two games. Finally, if you pay above $15.99, you’ll be a Top Supporter of Larian Studios and GOG.com and you can enjoy all of the titles from the Divinity Anthology, netting you copies of Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, and Divinity II: Developer's Cut, along with 21 goodies for 32 dollars worth of games at one great price!

When will Divinity II: Developer's Cut be available?

That’s a good question! Game development is always tricky to forecast, but we anticipate delivery will be around 18 October 2012​

Grab it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overboard

Arcane
It's nice to know that the day after paying over 40€ for the boxed set, the digital version is now available for $17 on GOG.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
We have a problem Crooked Bee, the excerpt you took from GOG changed significantly

http://af.gog.com/divinity?as=1649904300

You can pay any price you want and receive Divine Divinity, the classic RPG that started it all, along with the 6 goodies that come with the game. If you pay more than the average price for the Anthology, you'll receive Divine Divinity and the next game in the series, Beyond Divinity, as well as all 12 goodies from these two games. Finally, if you pay more than the top 10% of people who have participated in this sale ($20.00, right now), you’ll be a Top Supporter of Larian Studios and GOG.com and you can enjoy all of the titles from the Divinity Anthology, netting you copies of Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, and Divinity II: Developer's Cut, along with 21 goodies for 32 dollars worth of games at one great price!

According to the changed sentence only if you pay more than average of 10% of top donors you get Divinity II: Developer's Cut. My guess is GOG screwed up the wording and they are covering their arse - the barrier of entry isn't static as the original entry suggests.

Please keep the original wording as a proof we could use when the shitstorm commences.

kaizoku

Arcane
It's nice to know that the day after paying over 40€ for the boxed set, the digital version is now available for $17 on GOG.
I already had the games at GOG, but I spent 40€ on the box as well.
For those who are into boxies (and I am), it's not bad at all.
Also, Larian and Swen are cool guys.

Morkar Left

Great, I already bought Divine Divinity from gog two weeks ago because my dvd stopped working :rpgcodex:

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I already beat Divine Divinity :incline: and Beyond Divinity :decline: some years back. The only thing that tempted me to pay $16+ on this was when it was originally offered as an inexpensive way to pick up Divinity 2: Developer's Cut. But now that they changed the deal, I won't be spending that kind of cash.

I do like that they are doing a Pay What You Want marketing ploy, and I may throw in a couple of dollars to encourage them to do this more often even though I have no interest in replaying Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity.

darkling

Educated
Lar posted on RPGwatch that the Steam version of Div2: DKS will likely be updated to the new version, so if you have it there, it'll eventually change. Woohoo!

Raze implied that they may finally patch the Steam version of DD too so it isn't full of bugs the GOG version doesn't have D:

So, despite all this fiddling with pay-wot-u-will whatever, this is all good. :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Raze implied that they may finally patch the Steam version of DD too so it isn't full of bugs the GOG version doesn't have D:

I think you or he may have this the other way around - it's the Steam version of DD that is newer.

Kotep

Novice
I think you or he may have this the other way around - it's the Steam version of DD that is newer.
I can't speak for the bugginess of the Steam DD version, but I do know that it was developed from an earlier code than the GOG code was. The programmer who'd done the GOG version left the company and they didn't have backups.

Also, I can say that if you're inclined to buy D2: DC, you get to download the goodies now even though the game's not out on GOG for a week still.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I already have all three games (and have not finished any of them, despite liking them a lot :oops: ) so I'll pass. Although I am curious about that Director's Cut thing.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I HAVE DD ON DISC BUR I BOOUGHT THIS FOR LIKE TOO DOLLARS I LIKED DD ALOT AND WANTED A DIGITAL COPY

I HAVE DKS FOR THE FAGBOX AND I HAVE YET TO PLAY IT I FINISHED DD2 THOUGH

Wasteland 2
YOU SHOULD RETURN TO UR OLDSKUL AVATAR BRO.

THE NEW SHIT AVATURD IS SO DISGUSTING, THAT I CONSIDER PUTTING U ON IGNORE, TO NOT HAVE TO LOOK AT IT ANYMORE !

U'RE NOT FUNNY, OR RELEVANT ENOUGH ANYMORE, TO PUT UP WITH THIS VOMIT INDUCING NEW SHIT AVATURD, BRO.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
I really wanted to pay the bare minimum ($12.75) for the whole anthology but on the other hand, I wanted to reward the Larian guys with a bit of extra cash ($25???).
:keepmymoney: vs :takemymoney:

I'm so conflicted bros, what should I do? :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom