Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga Review

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Divinity 2; Larian Studios

<p>Another review of <strong>Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga</strong> hit the web, this time <a href="http://www.godisageek.com/2010/12/divinity-ii-dragon-knight-saga-review/" target="_blank">God Is A Geek</a> score it 8/10.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga is a game that&rsquo;s worthy of anyone&rsquo;s gaming shelf. The sheer length of the main quest line makes it value for money, then there&rsquo;s the amount of time and effort that clearly went into it&rsquo;s development. Yes, there are certain point where it&rsquo;ll frustrate beyond all imagination, but that just makes it feel all the more epic when you get to those really good bits because you know that some people will have given up on it, but YOU didn&rsquo;t. You stuck with it and look at you now.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100672-divinity-ii-the-dragon-knight-saga-review.html">GB</a></p>

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There must have been like a thirty reviews of DKS in English so far (95% of them with scores around 80-90%), and yet Gamerankings score is based on three. WTF?

daktari

Novice
There’s nothing more frustrating than charging headfirst into a single enemy only to find he has friends that you didn’t see because there was a rock in the way. In order to continue playing once your characters life has been abruptly ended, you must load a previous save file which, if you were only using the auto save feature, could have been literally hours ago

Xbox-Gamers today really have some complaints. Not enough autosaves?!?!

skyst

Augur
The game only autosaves at logical checkpoints during the main quest or few particularily dangerous areas.

Why wouldn't you quicksave prior to combat after spending two hours running around town?

DraQ

Arcane
There’s nothing more frustrating than charging headfirst into a single enemy only to find he has friends that you didn’t see because there was a rock in the way. In order to continue playing once your characters life has been abruptly ended, you must load a previous save file which, if you were only using the auto save feature, could have been literally hours ago
:obviously: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :obviously:

Monocause

Arcane
One thing that bugged me about FoV was that they just threw too much at you from the very beginning. You start the game and instantly get a shitton of quests. There's a quest on each and every corner, seems like every bum has a job for you. I wanted to see some plot progression and visited the Prancing Seahorse - no dice, got to find some talking vegetables: even more quests along the way. It watered down the sense of direction for me.

Character and quest placement in ED was simply better and as such these were more memorable and manageable; I found Aleroth to be simply too small for the amount of content they've put in it. I'll probably try again in some time but gave it a pass for now.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I couldn't stomach it by the time I acquired the battle tower. Screw this game.

Murk

Arcane
Monocause said:
One thing that bugged me about FoV was that they just threw too much at you from the very beginning. You start the game and instantly get a shitton of quests. There's a quest on each and every corner, seems like every bum has a job for you. I wanted to see some plot progression and visited the Prancing Seahorse - no dice, got to find some talking vegetables: even more quests along the way. It watered down the sense of direction for me.

Character and quest placement in ED was simply better and as such these were more memorable and manageable; I found Aleroth to be simply too small for the amount of content they've put in it. I'll probably try again in some time but gave it a pass for now.

If you played it on its own, definitely -- I loaded up FoV for a moment and was a bit overloaded and went back to ED. After having beat ED and progressed into FoV I loved the expansion way more. The quests were better, more varied, had different outcomes and the content was a lot better and didn't involve running around a huge area for minutes at a time. Quality aside, it was also easier to digest having already warmed up to the game in the original campaign -- I think its best to view it as an integral part of the original game and not something like Mask of the Betrayer which was a completely separate story despite involving the same person.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom