Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 announced for Early Access in September, reveals gameplay video at GameStar

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; tier 1 journalism

Intrepid community member LESS T_T has spotted a short preview blurb about Original Sin 2 over at German magazine GameStar:

Das Preview-Video zeigt die Verbesserungen im zweiten Teil. Überarbeitet wurde unter anderem die Charakter-Erstellung und das Runden-Kampfsystem. Auch in die Story und Dialoge haben die Entwickler viel Arbeit gesteckt. Neu hinzugekommen ist der Arena-Modus in dem Spieler zu schnellen Matches gegeneinander antreten. Im September 2016 tritt das Spiel dann im Early-Access an.​

This paragraph can be faithfully translated as

This preview video shows the improvements in the second part. Character creation and the turn based combat system have been improved among other elements of the game. The developers have also invested a lot of work into the story and dialogues. One new addition is the arena mode, in which players compete against each other in quick matches. The game will then enter Early Access in September 2016.​

Wow!

The corresponding in-game video shows lots of new information about the game and reiterates the September 2016 date:

http://www.msn.com/de-de/lifestyle/leben/divinity-original-sin-2/vi-BBvPBVT

We'll try to spot any other videos revealing the new footage and update this post accordingly.

Update: The RPG Watch confirms the Early Access news.

Last edited:
That's surprising. Not the idea of the game having an early access. I mean it being playable in some form in September already.
I was guessing that after the inevitable delay we were going to see something like this in May 2017 and an actual release by autumn of the same year.

EDIT- Aaand the video doesn't work for me.

Gwendo

Augur
Not surprising. I'm actually convinced that the game could be released this year. They're using the same engine (with some modifications) and have been working on this for some time. Videos and kickstarter updates show that the game's development is really advanced.

DOS1 was in EA a few months before release, so I guess they might keep working on it, polishing it for sometimes and decide to publish at the beggining of 2017, though. Dishonoured 2, Watch Dogs 2 and Final Fantasy XV are releases that could bury DOS2 this year's fall.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
D:OS 1 was in Early Access for over half a year. I seriously doubt it's coming out this year.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The corresponding in-game video shows tons of new information about the game. It's currently publically hosted on MSN and seems to be winking in and out of existence - are there server problems at Microsoft? If you're lucky, this link might work for you:

http://www.msn.com/de-de/lifestyle/leben/divinity-original-sin-2/vi-BBvPBVT

We'll try to spot any other videos revealing the new footage and update this post acordingly.

Why does the Gamestar exclusivity lead to the video being published in the Womens' Magazine part of MSN right next to "Horoscopes" and "Steam Cooking"?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
GameStar was listed as the uploader on that video (and probably still is, the site simply fails to load for me). I assume they have some sort of arrangement.

I'm really looking forward to this game!

D:OS 1 was my biggest surprise in 2014.

It was way better than I thought it would be in the begginnig of the kickstarter campaign.

After playing twice the first game (second time was in co-op in the enhanced edition), this one is in my top list!

Backed the shit out of it!
And they deserve every dollar!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
You can see the video through the first link if you have a GameStar Plus subscription, but that seems like a questionable investment to me.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
rating_racist.png
:argh:

4verse

Literate
Video worked for me. Not many news actually ... everything stated already by Larian in past updates it seemed to me (info: german is my native). Biggest news is that early access will begin somewhen in sept. this year.

And undead do not seem to be playable in the version shown in the video. This race was not mentioned at least as playable (humans, lizards and elves where mentioned though)

Video worked for me. Not many news actually (german is my native). Biggest news is that early access will begin somewhen in sept. this year.

And undead do not seem to be playable in the version shown in the video. This race was not mentioned at least as playable (humans, lizards and elves where mentioned though)

Still not working for me...
So... I'm gonna watch some videos of D:OS 1 gameplay on YouTube, take a black pen and write "2" on the screen, next to the name...

Ah!!! Feels much better now...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So when one site breaks NDA does the company then consider that news fair game for all?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It's entirely possible that GameStar didn't break an NDA and simply got a global exclusive. Let's not be too hasty to condemn people.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah this is GameStar we're talking about here, after all. GameStar are gigantic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom