Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Divinity: Original Sin 2 Codex Fundraiser

Koschey

Arcane
You crazy motherfuckers. For a second there, I thought I was still drunk, but we really went from halfway funded to success in a single weekend. :love:

Godspeed to our champ, whoever it will turn out to be :salute:

Lucky

Arcane
These last few days are on course to more than double the amount raised over the rest of the month. Avellone already proving himself a useful party member.

Also, that arena challenge is pretty crafty of them - a video of rival fanclubs duking it out makes for a much better publicity demo than getting some incompetent journalists try and fake some excitement. They could make it an eye-catching climax to the kickstarter, if they do it on the final day.

Gecos

Learned
Also, that arena challenge is pretty crafty of them - a video of rival fanclubs duking it out makes for a much better publicity demo than getting some incompetent journalists try and fake some excitement. They could make it an eye-catching climax to the kickstarter, if they do it on the final day.
It will absolutely be a good publicity moment for both RPG sites, Larian and the game itself. Gains for everyone.

Septaryeth

Augur
I isolated myself from civilization for a weekend and expected to come back seeing the Codex moped and cried due to either a defeat from Watch or a peace treaty(combine funds), and instead...

:discohitler:

It seems the human human stretch shows no limit for his flexibility.
Yes, MCA... get in there... present yourself...... and stretch harder, HARDER, HARDER I SAY!

Fairfax

Arcane
Is GameBanshee having a fundraiser as well? I liked their backer content for PoE.

Fairfax

Arcane
I was reading the rest of the thread and..
Maybe the Watch's campaign success will motivate everyone here too
found this funny. I mean, what success? 1/3 funded by some steven dengler? MCA is what doubled the money raised, not RPGWatch.

Speaking of which, I hope Larian has the balls to veto his in-game advertising shit he pulls with backer content. If they don't, chances are we'll get a "Dracogen King" bullshit, as I'd bet the asshole is one of the two $10k backers.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
So any new developments on the big Codex vs. Watch fight?

hiddenx, with that amount of generosity you could have gotten the second bestest KS level (well almost at least), an invitation to the release party.. (no idea if its any good but hey, 5k so it must be extra special somehow).

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
And if he wanted to do it, he'd be welcomed with open arms. Would any of you guy happen to have some blackmail material on him?

By the way, the schedule is very tight: we need to know by tomorrow at noon GMT, and the match will be Tuesday evening (GMT as well, presumably)

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Re-installed D:OS to get some practice in... just in case I'm called up. :salute:

Tried this earlier today and got my ass kicked - I'm a bit rusty - I hope there are some role-playing options to avoid fighting in arena-mode :)

Gecos

Learned
Tried this earlier today and got my ass kicked - I'm a bit rusty - I hope there are some role-playing options to avoid fighting in arena-mode :)
If this would've been a message from a regular Codexer rather than a regular Watcher, I'd have said that it is a good attempt at confusing the enemy by :troll:.
Alas HiddenX is too much of a gentleman for that :). Or ... is he :smug:?!

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If this would've been a message from a regular Codexer rather than a regular Watcher, I'd have said that it is a good attempt at confusing the enemy by :troll:.
Alas HiddenX is too much of a gentleman for that :). Or ... is he :smug:?!

I'm one of the very few who have more than 1000 posts at the Codex and the Watch - in a way I'm a regular Watcher and Codexer... :)
(The only other user I know with more than 1000 posts on both sites is GhanBuriGhan)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom