Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Divinity: Original Sin 2 Codex Fundraiser

Angthoron

Arcane
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios

Official Codex envoy Angthoron has been in deep and slow negotiations with Larian Studios around our Divinity: Original Sin 2 fund-raiser once again. We're sure you've been anxious to find out what the details of our exciting new fundraiser are, therefore, without further ado, here is the wonderful list of great things:

An Immodest Larian Proposal
Due to Divinity: Original Sin 2 being a much more serious and focused game than its first installment, gone are the innumerable references and inside jokes. In fact, the imps, too, seem to be gone. Instead, what we have been offered is one of the two following options:

Option 1: A recurring character akin to Zombie Jake in the form of a Mercenary from the Lone Wolves. He could be a recurring minor villain / ally depending on the origins and actions of the players. Would appear in several different places and defeated multiple times, but despite being beaten, he or she would reappear again later on. There'd also be two henchpersons that would be named after top 2 fundraiser contributors. Imagine killing your favorite poster over and over!

Option 2: We get to meet a troll in the game that we name ourselves, a side-quest troll that Larian would design for us. The wink to the Codex would be that it would be the game's only troll. Something in the dialogue as well. Not sure if the troll would have henchpersons, however.​

This, as well as the Codex start-up splash screen, would be available to us at a cool $10,000. Do note how our options are actually much cooler than RPG Watch's, whose options actually kinda suck because who'd want to see NPCs named after those guys anyway?

Edit: Once 10,000 is reached and the NPC(s) are successfully created, they will have on their person a ledger filled with names of anyone that has donated $10 or more (as long as the name conforms to Fantasy conventions, or is appropriately modified) as hit list targets or something of the sort, as well.

DONATE NOW

Just as with the previous fundraiser, Larian have promised you will personally get awesome stuff too. I would make a list of the stuff you’d be entitled to for your cash piles, but it’s the entirety of Kickstarter’s 35+ tiers, including all the items marked as sold-out, so it’s a little bit too much work. You can go to the Kickstarter site yourself and find out what’s available.

Finally, because Larian are totally awesome, all Codex backers will get the base game at the Early Bird price - $25.

We'll also be holding a Codexian Raffle at some point, with the same rules as previously, as outlined below (though subject to change). Current list of prizes is in the works but it's likely to be whatever rafflable stuff you can find in the $10,000 tier on Kickstarter.
It's $20 a ticket for the raffle. So your donation / 20 = the total number of raffle tickets you'll have in the draw - and to be fair, you can only win one thing.

For claiming / forfeiting your rewards, please PM Angthoron. He'll manage a spreadsheet of who's opted in / out of what.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, with this now on the front page hopefully it will start to increase. Since Larian has promised the same rewards I'm most likely going to transfer my rather large pledge from the KS to here. I'll wait till the KS campaign is almost over before doing that.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Didn't you play Original Sin 1 until the end?

Maybe it happened there. I don't know anybody who got past Act 2, even less Act 3.

No, waiting for the EE. So this is story related? I didn't know they did anything to the Imps, I thought they just cut the race cause they were to whacky. This is the first time I heard about this. I liked the Imps. Oh well.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:yeah:

A recurring Codex character + 2 henchmen sounds good.

Gonna donate a bit now and then more in a few days, once I've sorted out my PayPal balance.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
:yeah:

A recurring Codex character + 2 henchmen sounds good.

Gonna donate a bit now and then more in a few days, once I've sorted out my PayPal balance.

$110, very respectable. Nowhere near the amount of cash HiddenX had funneled into the Watch fundraiser, of course.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm happy with my pledge and I don't think I will put in more than I have done. The SEK is fucking weak.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
ok, donated just enough for a raffle ticket, i will keep my personal ks pledge as it is (so i get the game..somewhere in 2017)

i like the suggestion of the single unique side quest troll

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Nice, wasn't sure to pledge or not and in the end I missed the early bird tier, and at the same price on the Codex fundraiser it's a steal.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sorry, I'm stupid, so I've gotta ask. I can get any of the pledge levels and/or addons I want if I put in the money for it and any possible postage? Or is it just the 25$ for the game and raffle tickets for extra?

I wish they'd have a prototype of the hoodie to show, could look great or like complete ass :?

Also, http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061354269

:mob:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Sorry, I'm stupid, so I've gotta ask. I can get any of the pledge levels and/or addons I want if I put in the money for it and any possible postage? Or is it just the 25$ for the game and raffle tickets for extra?

You can get every single Kickstarter tier reward through the Codex as well, as the same price (or even cheaper, if you just want the $25 tier). Tiers that are marked as sold out on the Kickstarter are still available on the Codex.

Andhaira

Arcane
Will the option that is chosen be only in the customized codex game or in the main game that will be available and played by everyone who buys it?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Word needs to be spread that the Codex has Early Bird ($25) copies, especially since it's no longer available on the KS. That could boost this drive by quite a bit.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
How much I have to donate to see a NPC called Hiver once again in the game? :)

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Word needs to be spread that the Codex has Early Bird ($25) copies, especially since it's no longer available on the KS. That could boost this drive by quite a bit.

Indeed. Is there a Codex sub-reddit?

Catawampus

Learned
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Did what I could for the moment. I like Option 1, but either would be good.

Hope we reach the goal! :)

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Already pledged to the original KS, but now the same amount here, because
tumblr_nseyjnA0RG1rz6w0do1_500.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom