Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Old Hans

Arcane
So after a few playthroughs of BG3, I decided to give DOS2 a go, and holy fucking shit what is this armor system. I can't do anything to enemies without doing damage to basically half their effective health. I also can't have mixed physical damage and magic damage dealers in my party. Wtf were they thinking?

What repulses me is the very structure and responsiveness of the world. There's something similar in BG3, but in Divinity everything works worse.
yea their worlds feel very static, which is a problem with most rpgs. walking through a theme park full of animatronic puppets that have one specific role to play. "alright these 2 npcs will spend all of eternity talking about a missing redcap that escaped the circus"

La vie sexuelle

Learned
So after a few playthroughs of BG3, I decided to give DOS2 a go, and holy fucking shit what is this armor system. I can't do anything to enemies without doing damage to basically half their effective health. I also can't have mixed physical damage and magic damage dealers in my party. Wtf were they thinking?

What repulses me is the very structure and responsiveness of the world. There's something similar in BG3, but in Divinity everything works worse.
yea their worlds feel very static, which is a problem with most rpgs. walking through a theme park full of animatronic puppets that have one specific role to play. "alright these 2 npcs will spend all of eternity talking about a missing redcap that escaped the circus"
Yes, however, there are always a few that have a different one after the initial animation and you didn't know how to tell them apart others (like the character from Fort Joy who is being held at gunpoint and is not subject to the law of static).

To quote Kaiser Soze in The Usual Suspects, the greatest trick Larian ever pulled was convincing the masses their games are good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom