Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
So yeah, when I eventually learn the systems and do my ceremonial re-roll, as many of us RPGfags do, should I stick with pre-made or go with custom?

Pre-made can open more doors regarding the story and some extra dialog options. You can also customize them however you want basically. Not much of a difference to a custom character, except less story options.

It affects what Source Abilities you get too IIRC.

Novice
Randomly discovered this basement, signed up just to laugh at all the people ITT who got brutally filtered by DOS2 ever since 2017. Touch grass at least once a week, it will be easier to cope with the fact that you're a brainlet with shit taste. I recommend BG1, BG2, and Breath of the Wild as your next games of choice.

:hero:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
There is no level design. Every level is done by completely random person.
Completely random persons, eh? Like a randomizer button on character creation? I guess everyone's a transgender transnigger.

And yet their level design is better than PoE's lul

MWaser

Arbiter
Randomly discovered this basement, signed up just to laugh at all the people ITT who got brutally filtered by DOS2 ever since 2017. Touch grass at least once a week, it will be easier to cope with the fact that you're a brainlet with shit taste. I recommend BG1, BG2, and Breath of the Wild as your next games of choice.

:hero:
WKVS8ga.png

Jarmaro

Liturgist
So, how much has D:OS 2 improved since the release? I remember it having a lot of problems and inbalanced when I first played it back then, and quit at the start of the second act.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Very fun co-op game, currently playing it with my partner (splitscreen couch co-op on PS4, I've already finished it on PC). Constantly talking with each other, making plans, showing each other cool/funny things we find. I wish Pillars or Pathfinder games were co-op.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Very fun co-op game, currently playing it with my partner (splitscreen couch co-op on PS4, I've already finished it on PC). Constantly talking with each other, making plans, showing each other cool/funny things we find. I wish Pillars or Pathfinder games were co-op.
Play Gloomhaven together instead.

I've started this back up again.

I greatly enjoyed a party of 4 mages in DOS1, which I'd like to do again. Last time I had each caster focus in two elements + witchcraft. With the way skills work in DOS2, I'm thinking about making everyone in my party generalize in all 4 elements + necro. Basically 3 points in each INT skill. Is that going to be viable or will all of my spells just fall flat?

KateMicucci

Arcane

I greatly enjoyed a party of 4 mages in DOS1, which I'd like to do again. Last time I had each caster focus in two elements + witchcraft. With the way skills work in DOS2, I'm thinking about making everyone in my party generalize in all 4 elements + necro. Basically 3 points in each INT skill. Is that going to be viable or will all of my spells just fall flat?
That will work fine.

Starting in 2nd act you have unlimited respecs anyway.

Last edited:

Blutwurstritter

Learned

Spreading it out completely evenly might not be the best decision. The Summoning skill for example benefits a lot from getting it to 10 since the Incarnate gets a massive buff then. It also harmonizes well with necromancer since the Summoning skill buffs all summons like the bone widow. A geomancer can make a good physical tank due to a bonus to physical armor that comes with the skill. This mixes well with a physical sword and board tank that uses shield throw and reactive armor. In D:OS 2 you also have a limit for active skills that are available during combat based on your memory skill value, so you might want fewer but more powerful spells instead of many weaker ones that you can't equip at once. But the game allows you to respec freely after some progress, so you can experiment with the system. I recommend looking at the passive boni that the skills provide, it adds some interesting options.

restarted it, with divinity unleashed so that i don't have to have 4 melees to be able to use crowd control (the vanilla armors system is retarded, no arguing here) and finally it feels decent, playable, with many more viable builds and party compositions. shame only 4 members is just so limiting.
i picked the undead, the lizard and the possessed woman because they felt those with the most interesting stories, but i lack an elf for flesh feeding (totally forgot it was a thing). who should i ditch? no spoilers please.

Perkel

Arcane
The fun part about armor system in DS2 is that when people first criticized it Swen defended it and then months after release he said yeah it was pretty shit.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey guys, I have an issue. Trying to play this game, and thus far the only way i get it to load my saves is to restart my PC each time i want to load a save. Basically, anytime after that when i try to load a save, the save loading bar doesn't budge an inch, just sits there endlessly. However, if i restart, the game loads in slower (so that's how i know my save is going to work), and when it loads in slower to get to the main menu, my loading of a save works. But it only works once, because each time after that that i exit the game and load it back up, it loads very quickly to the main menu, and then saves don't work again. Any idea what the heck is causing this? I've tried a ton of different suggestions from google searching but nothing seems to help other than restart my PC EVERY time i want to load and play the game. any other ideas?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Hey guys, I have an issue. Trying to play this game, and thus far the only way i get it to load my saves is to restart my PC each time i want to load a save. Basically, anytime after that when i try to load a save, the save loading bar doesn't budge an inch, just sits there endlessly. However, if i restart, the game loads in slower (so that's how i know my save is going to work), and when it loads in slower to get to the main menu, my loading of a save works. But it only works once, because each time after that that i exit the game and load it back up, it loads very quickly to the main menu, and then saves don't work again. Any idea what the heck is causing this? I've tried a ton of different suggestions from google searching but nothing seems to help other than restart my PC EVERY time i want to load and play the game. any other ideas?

Yes!
It's a fail safe in case some people still want to play after quitting the game and you're the first one to do so...

Congratulations but you shouldn't do this to yourself!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If you're using Steam, verify the integrity of the game files. If GOG, try uninstalling and reinstalling and if it still isn't fixed, redownloading or using GOG Galaxy to verify/repair because that's just bizarre.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
It's not letting me start a new game or load a save now. Just flat out won't work. Bizarre. Contacted Larian support so hopefully something happens there. Thanks for the responses!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom