Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #10: Hall of Echoes Stretch Goal Unlocked

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

The Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter campaign reached $1.5M of funding last night, unlocking the Hall of Echoes stretch goal. Larian, meanwhile, appear to have been sucked into their own private Hall of Echoes, which may be why it took them a while to release today's Kickstarter update. You'll understand when you see the video, or you can just read the rather less dramatic summary:

What is the Hall of Echoes?

A mysterious realm between reality and the Void, the Hall of Echoes is called a heaven by some, a hell by others. Upon their deaths, all souls all drawn toward the Hall; those who resist remain on Rivellon as undead. Souls successfully pulled into the Hall naturally drift toward the Forge, where they will be reborn, or the Void, where they will be consumed. Those who remain in the Hall face a pleasant reality, perhaps indescribable to mortal sensibilities. They must decide, or drift, of their own accord toward the Forge or the Void.

One of its most unique features is its ability to shift, chameleon-like, to suit the needs and desires of its visitors. When your party is eventually invited to the Hall, you’ll find that it may morph to suit your deepest desires, be they for a skill trader, a home for your companions, or perhaps a lost soul from your past…

What’s more, rumors hold that the Hall holds not only a portal to the Void, but also the gateway to the Gods themselves. Long have the Seven reigned over Rivellon, but eons have passed since they allowed a mortal into their realm...

What's next?

Our next stretch goal involves Dedicated Mod Support, meaning we'll hire a special team focused exclusively on enhancing, streamlining, and user-friendly-ifying the very powerful editor we used to create Divinity: Original Sin (the same we're using for its sequel!).

PayPal now available!

Another request we’ve had is for an option to pay with PayPal, and we’re pleased to say that this option is now available to all of you that don’t have access to credit cards! There is now a link to a PayPal page on the front page of our campaign, or you can click here!

Swen is going be on the road again next week, flying first to Larian's new studio in Quebec and then to TwitchCon 2015 in San Francisco, where he'll enlist the aid of the mightiest LPers in the land to promote the Kickstarter campaign in its final days. Definitely a high-energy kind of guy.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fuck romances man. Sensually. With love and passion. Kiss them, hug them. Tell them everything's going to be alright. Then marry them. Live happily ever after. Then drop their mutilated carcass into a ravine.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Excidium is wrong, they have a fair chance of reaching $1.75M, though it might be close.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Don't think it'll get to romances with how slow it's going now.
They are going to go well beyond that with about +15K per day and a surge at the end. The last 3 days is over 20K per day, so just that is 220K..
And the romance part isn't the biggest part of the 1,75m goal, if they do it right i find the goal quite intriguing. Could bring more ways to roleplay nuances between the characters, romance isn't the biggest part of this goal...

Athelas

Arcane
Even if they don't reach the romance stretch goal, Larian will probably be nice/sadistic enough to just agree to implement it because it would be so close.

Divinity: Original Sin
That would be shit, because last time they reached the final stretch goal they ditched it forever (npc schedule/day-night cicle).

Drowed

Arcane
I just want they to reach the "dedicated mod support" so the editor may be something more than a simple map/dialogue editor.

(But I kinda doubt it will be even if they reach it.)

Shevek

Arcane
Romance stretch goal? Damn, I knew I shouldnt have contributed to this Codex fundraiser.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly what's people gripe with romance anyway? Don't like it, don't use the OPTIONAL FEATURE. Just tell the NPC to "Fuck off with your romance"

I for hope it reach 2 million for the DM thingie, and so hope that they get past the 1.75 milestone

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Honestly what's people gripe with romance anyway? Don't like it, don't use the OPTIONAL FEATURE. Just tell the NPC to "Fuck off with your romance"

I for hope it reach 2 million for the DM thingie, and so hope that they get past the 1.75 milestone

The problem is that they'll be wasting time they could spend on a good feature, on a piece of shit feature. To satisfy lonely losers.

Tao

Savant
I liked romance in BG2, Torment and lately in the Witcher series, I think Larian can make a good job about it. The real fear come when romance come with the word Bioware.

Mustawd

people think romance and then presume it would be like bioware.

romance_novel_zpssxtw1f4s.jpg

Fairfax

Arcane
Excidium is wrong, they have a fair chance of reaching $1.75M, though it might be close.
It will make $1.75 million, I have no doubt about it. They have 11 days left and need 215k to get there, that's an average of $19k a day, which is less than it's been making. Even if it doesn't have a considerable push in the last 3 days, romance is inevitable at this point.

Hiisi

Savant
I confess I enjoy romance in vidya a lot when it forms a proper part of the story. The awful thing is if romance is treated as a separate feature which must be included for pandering's sake, rather than as something that naturally belongs, or does not, to the story itself. I think that is pretty much the difference between how love-lines exist in MCA's games and Bioware, for example. With MCA, when romances exist, they belong to and enrich the central plot.

I haven't followed OSII closely, but taking romances as a stretch goal doesn't seem too promising. Buut it's a pretty inconsequential thing.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think Swen cares not so much about the storyline like MCA does, but about the systemic and systematic character of in-game interaction which should allow you to basically "do anything" (within the confines of the basic tools and starting options that the game provides). In this case, you're supposed to be able to take your gender, race, background, dialogue choices, etc., in any direction, which also includes romances.

The potential issue here is that they may single out romances as a preferred kind of interaction in order to pander to the "RPGs are about romances" crowd, but that would go against the neutral-systemic spirit of D:OS so I hope they don't.

Mustawd

I think Swen cares not so much about the storyline like MCA does, but about the systemic and systematic character of in-game interaction which should allow you to basically "do anything" (within the confines of the basic tools and starting options that the game provides). In this case, you're supposed to be able to take your gender, race, background, dialogue choices, etc., in any direction, which also includes romances.

The potential issue here is that they may single out romances as a preferred kind of interaction in order to pander to the "RPGs are about romances" crowd, but that would go against the neutral-systemic spirit of D:OS so I hope they don't.

Mustawd Brofists this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom