Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #12: Enhanced Edition Co-Op Trailer and Website

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios

Larian decided to do a little bit of advertising for their upcoming Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition in today's Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter update. They still don't have a definite release date other than "late October", but at least there's a new trailer, focusing on the game's couch co-op functionality:

We'd like to focus today's update on Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. During yesterday's AMA on Reddit many people wanted to know when the Enhanced Edition is shipping, and we can say with mounting confidence that our aim is and remains the end of October 2015, a.k.a. pretty damn soon!

For those of you who are not entirely sure what the Enhanced Edition of Original Sin is all about, here's an overview of some of its most exciting features and aspects:
  • The combat in the game has been entirely overhauled, which means a massive rebalance has been done of everything related to combat, from stats & skills to each individual combat encounter. New difficulty modes have been added such as the highly challenging Tactician Mode, as well as spectacular new combat features, which include Dual Wielding and the addition of all kinds of grenades and wands to your arsenal.
  • The main story has undergone significant rewrites to improve the narrative experience of the game, and important NPCs such as the cat wizard Arhu have been outfitted with an individual storyline to explore. The entire end sequence of the game has been heavily expanded upon to give Divinity: Original Sin the epic ending it always deserved.
  • Voice acting has been added to the entire game. That's right folks, we're talking about 88,000+ recorded lines, voiced by amazing professional (voice) actors. Their performances add greatly to the immersive quality of Original Sin.
  • Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition will also be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, bringing a game unlike any other to the latest generation of consoles.
  • Tailored to bring you a fantastic couch co-op RPG experience, the Enhanced Edition was developed such that it's a dream to play with two from the comfort of your living room. Stay together or explore apart: with the new split screen feature we've got you covered. And should players on PC prefer to play with a controller as well, that is now perfectly possible.
But let's paint you a picture too! To give you a taste of the co-op experience, here's a brand new trailer that showcases many of the aforementioned features. Have a look!

Still haven't gotten your fill? Then check out the new website dedicated to the Enhanced Edition right here!

Oh my, that website has gotten much busier since the last time I looked at it. Is this a thing now? Anyway, PC players should be most interested in this section of it.

butchy

Prospernaut
Fuck yeah, I'll be able to scroll the camera all the way around! Just like God intended. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

JasonNH

Augur
They've actually re-done the 3D assets so that they look better now, hence no longer an after-though hack put in there after people begged for it despite not being designed for it.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
I hope it is now easier to find all the needed Bloodstones to progress in the mainstory. It was the reason why I couldn´t play it through. Nevertheless a second try should be now motivational possible with the EE version!

butchy

Prospernaut
All the improvements are exactly what I wanted. Shitty character progression? Who cares, we can rotate cameras real good now! Who cares about mechanics and character building when cameras spin and add to immersion. I just like to get right up in there all immersed.

These fuckers took my money to make a game that the PC player made popular, and then spend all their money on improving the game so it will deliver a super swell console mind-explosion. And then have the fucking audacity to have a kick-starter asking me to fund the next game to get rid of the shitty parts of the first game so they can make more money to post-release improve DOS2 into a super swell console game. Fuck me once, consoleSven, fuck me once. Fuck you and the controller you rode in on.

This benedict Arnold piece of shit actually admitted that he likes consoles more than pcs because it is easier to get to the console in his house or some shit, or console players are the master race or something like that. How could a self respecting PC game developer admit he doesn't like pc games? Not a word from anyone, because they were too busy ordering their new steam controllers or playing their consoles and they agree with him. I hate people so much. You fucking pieces of shit already killed the pc rpg once, and now that there has been a mini-resurgence you are all dead set on killing it again. God I just want to hear the thwacking sound of my nuts on all of your chins. Thwak thwak thwak. And then cum in your fucking retarded faces.

Fuck console games, and console game developers. What is wrong with developing for the PC? The fucking market that put you on the fucking map, not the market that almost closed your fucking company.

Console games are for retards, monkeys, savages, and retarded monkey-savages. People who use controllers on the PC are just the worst. They are somehow even worse than idiotic console players. Oh, Skyrim good because me understand the stats finally.

I hope you all burn in the fiery depths of hell with your fucking streamlined fake rpg console bullshit. Fuck you, fuck me, fuck everybody.

jdinatale

Cipher
All the improvements are exactly what I wanted. Shitty character progression? Who cares, we can rotate cameras real good now! Who cares about mechanics and character building when cameras spin and add to immersion. I just like to get right up in there all immersed.

These fuckers took my money to make a game that the PC player made popular, and then spend all their money on improving the game so it will deliver a super swell console mind-explosion. And then have the fucking audacity to have a kick-starter asking me to fund the next game to get rid of the shitty parts of the first game so they can make more money to post-release improve DOS2 into a super swell console game. Fuck me once, consoleSven, fuck me once. Fuck you and the controller you rode in on.

This benedict Arnold piece of shit actually admitted that he likes consoles more than pcs because it is easier to get to the console in his house or some shit, or console players are the master race or something like that. How could a self respecting PC game developer admit he doesn't like pc games? Not a word from anyone, because they were too busy ordering their new steam controllers or playing their consoles and they agree with him. I hate people so much. You fucking pieces of shit already killed the pc rpg once, and now that there has been a mini-resurgence you are all dead set on killing it again. God I just want to hear the thwacking sound of my nuts on all of your chins. Thwak thwak thwak. And then cum in your fucking retarded faces.

Fuck console games, and console game developers. What is wrong with developing for the PC? The fucking market that put you on the fucking map, not the market that almost closed your fucking company.

Console games are for retards, monkeys, savages, and retarded monkey-savages. People who use controllers on the PC are just the worst. They are somehow even worse than idiotic console players. Oh, Skyrim good because me understand the stats finally.

I hope you all burn in the fiery depths of hell with your fucking streamlined fake rpg console bullshit. Fuck you, fuck me, fuck everybody.

Autism-Awareness-Ribbon.jpg

butchy

Prospernaut
Look at the online bully making fun of me because I am mentally disabled due to autism. Does it make you feel tough picking on a helpless autistic with your ruthless cyber bully tactics? You with your normal brain, who could be inventing science things or writing important books on science things, instead decide to pick on the little autistic boy who happens to have impeccable taste. What an ass. I hope you feel good about yourself, toughguy. Now, if you will excuse me I have some toothpicks to count, K-Mart.

butchy

Prospernaut
Nice parody of a typical Codex rant, butchy.
It was parody, right? Please tell me it was parody.

It wasn't as far as I know. Why would you think so? Did it seem like faux-nerd rage? My nerd rage is real and boils inside me like the hulk. ConsoleSven said something along those lines, I swear. Its with his interview with moriandor at rpgwatch. And since D:OS, which I really loved, was released it was clearly apparent the weakest part and the part clearly needing the most improvement was the chardev. Instead of spending money fixing it, they spend all the money on super console fun time nonsense 2.0 and then ask us to pre-pay for part 2 if we want the chardev not to suck real bad again, or want a better chargen. Fuck you in your controller loving face at that point.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok, whose alt is this? I admit I actually chuckled. Well done, sir (madam?), well done.

EDIT

Although I am disappointed that not only day/night cycles and NPC schedules are not in DOS:EE, but apparently they have dropped off the radar altogether, as they are not even mentioned as a possible feature for D:OS 2. I hope they wil return for the Grand RPG That Will Trump Them All, because to really Trump Them All, it needs to improve on them (including Ultima VII).

Last edited:

himmy

Arcane
Chris Avellone (Planescape: Torment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, Fallout: New Vegas)

Huh. It's like he hasn't worked on anything else since New Vegas. Like, nothing at all worth mentioning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom