Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #14: Twitch Bonanza

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

The Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter campaign reached its $1.65M stretch goal for improved modding support shortly after its last update, and it should be hitting $1.75M relationships stretch goal very soon. With just two days left until the end of the campaign, today's update announces the launch of a 24 hour Divinity: Original Sin 2 "Twitchathon" starting tomorrow at 15:00 CEST. This event will include, among other things, an epic RPG Codex vs RPGWatch arena deathmatch. Here are the details:

We’re coming up to the end of our Kickstarter, and Swen has just finished his last conference of the campaign. If you were lucky enough to be at TwitchCon, you might have bumped into him and some of our team showing off Divinity: Original Sin 2. We’ve had a lot of fun on Twitch with some great streamers over the last couple of weeks, and it was great to be right in the heart of that during TwitchCon. So much so, that we’re having our own Twitch marathon!

Two Days & Counting - Twitchathon

The last 24 hours is a busy time for any Kickstarter campaign, and we’re definitely not making it easy for ourselves! We’re going to be delivering hours of content, streamed live on Twitch to give you an unprecedented level of access to our offices, our devs, and our plans for the game. Our Twitch marathon will include a range of DevLines that will discuss Strategist Mode, the editor that the game will ship with, the Enhanced Edition and what it’s development brings to D:OS 2, and will even include a DevStorm: where we brainstorm your Uservoice ideas and see which will be best to implement in the game. (So if you’ve not had a chance to look at our Uservoice forum yet, get over there and get voting for whips, character customisation, and whatever else you want to see in the game!)

Of course, fun, informative talks are all well and good, but when it comes to entertainment value, nothing really tops blood sports. That’s why we’re hosting a series of Arena Battles for your viewing pleasure! Twitch Streamers will duke it out, RPG Watch and RPG Codex fight for the honour of who gets the most prominent place when their names are shown at the start of D:OS 2, and then we’ll finish it all off with a Larian civil war, as the Gent, St. Petersburg, Dublin, and Quebec teams face off in a vicious four-way contest to see who is the most Divine of them all.

We’ll also be hosting a “Best of Divinity” retrospective on the whole series, to remind you of the story so far.

To see what’s going down and when you can catch it all, head to our Twitch page for the full schedule!​

In addtion to the above, the schedule mentions a "Special Guest" who's going to pop in. I wonder who that's going to be.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Confirmed: San Francisco has better coke than Seattle.

:updatedmytxt:

YODgBIP.jpg

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
You guys think its going to reach the last stretch goal?
D:OS got 135k in its last 2 days. then need to do better than that if they make it.

I think they will do so however (not even taking paypal funds in mind)

Fairfax

Arcane
You guys think its going to reach the last stretch goal?
D:OS got 135k in its last 2 days. then need to do better than that if they make it.

I think they will do so however (not even taking paypal funds in mind)
There's also 20k from the two fundraisers. It's hard to say without knowing how much they have from paypal right now, but I think it'll make it.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Confirmed: San Francisco has better coke than Seattle.

Someone needs to pass a joint to Swen, the guy won't make it to 50 otherwise.

So, who's gonna be the Chosen One representing this cesspit prestigious online publication?

EDIT: so it's mindx2 :D

Last edited:

Gecos

Learned
There's also 20k from the two fundraisers. It's hard to say without knowing how much they have from paypal right now, but I think it'll make it.
Should be actually ~35k now with the Paypal, Codex and Watch (likely in this order).

Aenra

I pity the poor fuck to fight for the Codex's honour Mindx2. Just trying to imagine what it'll be like if he loses the match...lol

That aside, a few thoughts:

- Swen has said loud and clear that spending both time and effort in twitcher(tard)s and youtuber(tard)s is not worth it. He has also made some categorical statements regarding advertising and its financial pitfalls; and before you go play devil's advocate on me, am refering to those statements made after D:OS KS was successfully concluded. Here i am now, witnessing the opposite taking place, and worse, it's out loud and clear.."let's push this last run so we can hit the GM mode".
Money, money never changes

- I fear that a qualitative GM mode (and call me naive, but i trust Swen enough to know he's not about hyping a gimmick) will take a lot more than they think; ie i fear a time cycles/schedules catastrophy all over again. Once is .. once, but doing it twice? That could hurt. And i sincerely believe they are in for it.

- i read a KS comment from that new guy they hired (the one that worked on "movies"), where he was telling the KS backers that he had not even heard of MCA before. Yes, i'm conservative, yes, i'm growing old, no, i still think this is bad, lol, no other way to put it. What the fuck can he offer when he has not even a passing acquaintance with some of the best (in semi-recent times at least) RPGs out there?

Take care Swen, it's a thin lining between expanding and stretching. Regardless, still excited for the outcome of all this. Will say it again, from the three "big" ones, theirs was the only KS that exceeded my expectations.

edit: "itz the dopest gaem evah" our new crowd in all its majestic glory

Last edited by a moderator:
Divinity: Original Sin
Hey, mindx2, have you received your copy of the game already? Why aren't you training? where is the training montage?

Aenra

As I said before, if I win the Watch has the double humiliation of losing to a guy with no arms... if I lose I have a great excuse... :P

cannot applaud this reply enough :)
but really, focus on the butthurt you could cause. It will be glorious. The Dex gets its name first, and it stays there. Everytime anyone launches it, it will be there. That twitter guy will bitch some more, and it will still be there ^^

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom