Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #2: Stretch Goals

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

It's the third day of the Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter campaign, which has now gathered almost $850,000 of funding. After taking a day off to establish the Larian booth at PAX Prime, a very energetic Swen Vincke is back with a new Kickstarter update to introduce the campaign's stretch goals, one of which has already been met. Here's a summary:

$700,000 Stretch Goal: Strategist Mode

Akin to Divinity: Original Sin- Enhanced Edition's Tactician Mode, Original Sin 2 will feature a brand new difficulty called Strategist Mode. Rest assured this difficulty tier will consist of much more than a simple numbers game. Yes, your enemies will hit harder, but that is far from all! Each and every fight in the game will be redesigned for Strategist Mode so that enemies are smarter, often come in greater numbers and use a host of skills and tactics they won't use in lower difficulty modes. If we reach this stretch goal, the fights in Original Sin 2 will receive this epic treatment from the get-go.

$850,000 Stretch Goal: Pick a Skill Tree, I

Divinity: Original Sin is rife with spectacular skills, and besides the many new ones we've already planned for Original Sin 2, we want to add even more unique skills to the repertoire. We have quite a list and will let our the backers pick a brand new skill tree, featuring at least 16 skills each, from among a host of new proposals when the campaign ends.

$1,000,000 Stretch Goal: Racial Skills

In Divinity: Original Sin 2, your unique origins will radically change the way you experience the world around you. Of course, since combat is one of the central ways in which you’ll engage with this world, it’s only sensible that your origins and your skillset should intertwine.

When we reach the $1M mark, we’ll develop a set of race-specific skills, abilities, and talents reflective of each race’s background and strengths.

Imagine: a Wood Elf able to summon an army of shambling trees; a Lizard recalling the devastating powers of his draconic ancestors; a Dwarf with the authority of the Empress; a human so good at pickpocketing, he can even catch his own party mates unawares...

$1,200,000 Stretch Goal: Undead Origins

In Original Sin 2, no longer will you have to be human all too human alone. You can be a dwarf too, an elf, yes even a proud lizard! But if we reach this stretchgoal, you'll be able to tell the tales of the dead with undead origins! That's right: at this point we will add the undead as a playable race, complete with origin stories.

$1,350,000 Stretch Goal: Pick a Skill Tree, II

With all the fantastic skills we've dreamt up, we'll need plenty of manpower to implement them. At this mark, we'll again open up a vote to let the backers decide which other of the skill trees listed at the $700,000 tier you would like to see in the game. Voting will be done by backers after the campaign ends.

$1,500,000 Stretch Goal; The Hall of Echoes

Some Rivellonians live in fear of it; some write songs of it; others still are sent there far before their time. When we reach $1,500,000, we'll send you to the Hall of Echoes, land of the dead.

You, unique among the living, will be able to travel to and from this spirit world, where you'll uncover mysteries never before discovered by mortal eyes. You'll gain access to occult wonders, and you'll come face to face with those you've lost-- and those you've dispatched.

The best part - you'll be able to make this your home base!

Of note is the $850k stretch goal, where backers get to vote on which skill tree they want to add to the game (read the full update to see the list). Swen really really wants people to vote for Polymorph, which makes me wonder why it has be up for a vote in the first place! In addition to the stretch goals, Larian are also expanding some of their tiers and offering some additional bonuses. And for those of you who can't get enough Swen, here's a bonus video offering a behind-the-scenes look at his adventures over the past few days.

Septaryeth

Augur
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke
Of note is the $850k stretch goal, where backers get to vote on which skill tree they want to add to the game (read the full update to see the list). Swen really really wants people to vote for Polymorph, which makes me wonder why it has be up for a vote in the first place!

He's too embarrassed to admit why, here, let me highlight it in more subtle terms.

Pick a Skill Tree, I

Polymorpher - As a polymorpher, your body is your oyster. Grow sharp-as-swords horns, poisonous tentacles (with the bonus of further reach) or even wings that allow you to dash and dive across the battlefield. You can even change completely into - what? Something monstrous, that's for sure...

:mhd:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Nice, I'd love to play as undead. I wonder if the have plans for goblins, to finish the Divinity races. Then again, they would require a lot of different animations & armor...

getter77

Augur
All of these goals definitely sound feasible and stand an excellent chance of being reached as the campaign rolls on---hopefully this turns into a massive Friday and weekend for them!

Angthoron

Arcane
Who's that Ha Ha! Good Fun dwarf forum LARPer? I can imagine he's butthurt about that.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
We want to piss off some guy on Twitter by getting "rpgcodex" in the credits
A worthy cause :)
I'll switch to the Codex fundraiser when I get the time.

(Also, which guy is that?)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Hating dwarves. Only morans do that.

Lose me as abacker though? I don't know if I be backing it anyways since I don't think Larian needs to KS. With their Diablo Killer DOS1 they shouldn't need to beg for money for the sequel. L0L IF I do back it, it be more to 'pre order' the game.

FUCK THOSE WHO HATE DWARVES! THEY DESERVE TO BE RAPED BY UNDEAD ORCS!!!

\Also, i wonder if you can be undead elf or undead dwarf. L0L

The racial skills should alreayd be included but they should be able to reach them.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
he approves
kirill-sm.jpg

aratuk

Cipher
Will there be game keys for people who donate over a certain threshold to Codex fundraiser? I'd rather go that way than through Kickstarter, so I'm justifying it to myself…

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Writting is Larians achiles heel. They badly need writter strech goals in between, to keep people interested in the game all the way. Otherwise kudos to Larian.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
But then you wouldn't be role-playing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom