Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #20: Skill Tiers Vote, Kickstarter Retrospective

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: David Walgrave; Divinity: Original Sin; Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

Divinity: Original Sin 2 has received its first proper Kickstarter update since the campaign concluded back in September. Remember those skill tier stretch goals? Now we get to vote for those. And yes, Swen still really wants you to vote for Polymorph. Here's the update's video and the accompanying text:

Vote for Skill Tiers-- now open!

You guys blew through not one, but TWO stretch goals granting you the opportunity to vote for two new Skill Tiers in D:OS2. The vote is now open at the Larian Vault! (See below for the details on how to create a Larian Vault account.)

There, you’ll be able to select which of several novel skill tiers you’d like to see in-game. The two highest-voted tiers will be developed with completely custom spells, stats, visuals, and animations.

Would you like to see your heroes polymorph in battle? Or perhaps you’d like to rampage through enemy camps as a juggernaut? Sound off at the Larian Vault!​

Watch the video or read the full update for instructions on how to do that. Also included in the update is a 20 minute video retrospective of the Kickstarter campaign, and the news that the very long-awaited Linux version of the first Divinity: Original Sin should be ready any day now. Soon Swen will be able to rest easy knowing he won't be assassinated by an angry Linux user.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cool, the skill tier vote is actually a survey asking a bunch of other stuff as well. And get this, when you reply, you see the total results.

For example, the question about your sex:

1. Man: 903 votes
bar_start.gif
bar.gif
bar_end.gif

(Your vote)
2. Woman: 47 votes
bar_start.gif
bar.gif
bar_end.gif

3. None Of Your Business!: 22 votes
bar_start.gif
bar.gif
bar_end.gif

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Cool, the skill tier vote is actually a survey asking a bunch of other stuff as well. And get this, when you reply, you see the total results.

For example, a question about your sex:

1. Man: 903 votes
bar_start.gif
bar.gif
bar_end.gif

(Your vote)
2. Woman: 47 votes
bar_start.gif
bar.gif
bar_end.gif

3. None Of Your Business!: 22 votes
bar_start.gif
bar.gif
bar_end.gif

So their male / female ratio didn't change much since Sven pondered about it last time.

http://www.lar.net/2015/09/07/where-are-the-women/

It actually stayed nearly exactly the same for their Kickstarter audience (95%/5%).

Also only the sexes (not even genders). Don't they know that according to facebook there are at least 58.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
What's Your Favourite Game In This List?
You have already voted (on 2015-12-18 17:36:01).
Current score:

1. Dragon Age: Origins: 234 votes
bar_start.gif
bar.gif
bar_end.gif

2. Baldur's Gate 2: 197 votes
bar_start.gif
bar.gif
bar_end.gif

3. Skyrim: 171 votes
bar_start.gif
bar.gif
bar_end.gif

4. Fallout 2: 160 votes
bar_start.gif
bar.gif
bar_end.gif

(Your vote)
5. None Of The Above: 142 votes
bar_start.gif
bar.gif
bar_end.gif

6. Diablo 2: 114 votes
bar_start.gif
bar.gif
bar_end.gif

7. Ultima VII: 35 votes
bar_start.gif
bar.gif
bar_end.gif

Really? Fucking kids.

Also the Polymorph skill sounds lame as hell. To bad its going to win. Voted Juggernaut myself.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
This is a very valuable poll. I've always wanted to know what percentage of isometric Kickstarter RPG backers are basically disappointed Bioware fans.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
No one should vote for Polymorph, Swen is so high on it he will obviously include it in the free update Divinity Original Sin 2: Polymorph Enhanced Edition.

Do the codex backers get a vote?

Darkzone

Arcane
Fucking Polymorpher skill tree. This entire poll is rigged. Because of Swens influence he should give the polymorpher for free to us and also the second choice of the poll: Summoning Master. (I want Unarmed Combatant to fulfill my MMA dreams.)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Haha there are people who actually want unarmed combat in a RPG

Bard or bust (we're going bust).

Darkzone

Arcane
Haha there are people who actually want unarmed combat in a RPG
Bard or bust (we're going bust).

What? Don't you want a Fist of the Northstar RPG? Bard? Really? A support character in a game where you friend / companion may be your enemy? ;)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What? Don't you want a Fist of the Northstar RPG?

No weapons means no weapon progression unless you're equipping a series of increasingly more powerful magic gloves.

Bard? Really? A support character in a game where you friend / companion may be your enemy? ;)

I love buff/debuff bots.

throwaway

Cipher
I think I've speny equal amounts of time playing DOS and watching Swen's Kickstarter updates. Could be the Kirill tune but the upbeatness is quite contagious.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Any chance to register and vote on that poll for backers from codex?

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Just had a look.

Are You A Boy Or A Girl?

1. Man: 3512 votes
2. Woman: 196 votes
3. None Of Your Business!: 95 votes

(Where is the 'I identify as mayonnaise' option?)

1. Dragon Age: Origins: 859 votes
2. Baldur's Gate 2: 714 votes
3. Skyrim: 662 votes
4. None Of The Above: 596 votes
5. Fallout 2: 486 votes
6. Diablo 2: 387 votes
7. Ultima VII: 100 votes

(Only correct answer is 'None of the above')

How Many Games Do You Buy A Year?

1. A Whole Lot More: 1996 votes
2. Ten Or Less: 1068 votes
3. Five Or Less: 620 votes
4. One Or Two: 113 votes

(Missing the torrent option)

In an RPG, what sort of combat do you prefer?

1. Turn Based: 1808 votes
2. Realtime Turn Based With Pause: 1433 votes
3. Realtime: 506 votes

(I'll go get my pitchfork for those realtime voters)

What influences you the most when deciding what game to buy?

1. Something Else: 1377 votes
2. Word Of Mouth: 813 votes
3. Steam Reviews: 569 votes
4. Studio Loyalty: 516 votes
5. Press Reviews: 354 votes
6. Metacritic Score: 130 votes

(Something Else = RPGcodex)

What is most important in an RPG?

1. Story: 1704 votes
2. Character Development: 1083 votes
3. Exploration: 493 votes
4. Combat: 421 votes
5. None Of The Above: 73 votes

(Option 5 should be 'All of the Above')

Pick A Skill Tree

1. Polymorpher: 1420 votes
2. Summoning Master: 934 votes
3. Bard: 493 votes
4. Guardian: 292 votes
5. Unarmed Combatant: 288 votes
6. Alchemist: 277 votes
7. Juggernaut: 265 votes
8. Trap Master: 122 votes

(Sorry, I voted for option 1)

Athelas

Arcane

1. Dragon Age: Origins: 859 votes
2. Baldur's Gate 2: 714 votes
3. Skyrim: 662 votes
4. None Of The Above: 596 votes
5. Fallout 2: 486 votes
6. Diablo 2: 387 votes
7. Ultima VII: 100 votes
Pretty ironic Ultima 7 ranks the lowest, considering it obviously served as the biggest inspiration for D:OS.

What is most important in an RPG?

1. Story: 1704 votes
2. Character Development: 1083 votes
3. Exploration: 493 votes
4. Combat: 421 votes
5. None Of The Above: 73 votes
Considering how overwhelmingly strong the storyfag vote is compared to the votes for exploration and combat, I suspect some of the voters may have interpreted 'character development' as being about the narrative development of the personality of the characters rather than being about the character system and customization.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom