Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #24: PAX East Recap

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

Swen Vincke may be in Croatia, but that hasn't stopped Larian from delivering the Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter update they promised, summarizing their visit to PAX East last week. The accompanying video demonstrates the game's new combat features in a PvP match between Swen Vincke and a diminutive underling, followed by a look at the impressions of PAX East's visitors. It's nothing we don't know about already at this point, but it's nice to get a detailed visual look at it. Here's the video and text:

What the PAXers saw:
  • New combat mechanics, including ultra-powerful Source skills powered by Source Points-- which you can obtain through fair or truly foul means.
  • Height gameplay, including added damage and range bonuses when attacking from on high (flying Margaret, anyone?).
  • New surface interactions in which you can Bless and Curse existing surfaces in order to help or hurt your fellow combatants.
  • A brand new armor system featuring Magical and Physical armor.
The update also reports that the Summoning Master skill tree has won February's skill vote. Democracy fails again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
That game looks like loads of fun. Can't wait to play it. Here's to hoping they don't muck it up! :incline:

So now it's official. You're Swen "The Greedy" Vincke's cocksucking plant bitch sent here to fight the good fight against the monstruous Brian Fargo.

Unwanted

Manmower

Unwanted
Edgy
Brian Fargo
Go grind your axe somewhere else, you dumb bitch. Not everyone on the net gives a shit about your pointless e-drama.

EDIT: And when that Fargo faggot manages to make a good game, I'll give him the praise he deserves. But considering he buried Interplay with his idiocy, I'm not holding my breath.

worldsmith

Savant
From the short travel distance and massive arc on the arrow at @5:34 it looks like it's being lobbed by a limp-wristed weakling rather than shot from a bow.

Trashos

Arcane
Great video! I am reasonably hyped for this game.

I am optimistic about the combat. But at the end of the day, for me it will all come down to how coherent and satisfying a full playthrough in single mode will feel. I can only hope.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
can't wait to throw heavy boxes on orcs and undead from atop of a building and kill them

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom