Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #29: Early Access Released to Kickstarter Backers

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

As promised in last week's Kickstarter update, Larian broadcasted a three hour Divinity: Original Sin 2 gameplay/Q&A stream on their Twitch channel today, a day ahead of the game's Early Access release. At the very end of the stream, Swen had a very nice surprise: the Early Access release is available to Kickstarter backers, right now. The new Kickstarter update has the details:

What is ‘Early Access’ Anyway?

Just to remind you all - this is an early access version of the game. It’s to make sure we’re going down the right path, to let you test a lot of the dialogs and systems that we’re working on.

Early Access includes two sections of the game: Act 1 of the campaign, and the PvP arena.

Act 1 gives you the chance to explore (and escape) Fort Joy, a camp where the Magisters bring Sourcerers to make sure they are not a threat to society, and the surrounding swamps.

The PvP arena is where you can battle your friends (or strangers) online or over LAN. There are a range of maps and two game types to get you going so you can enjoy combat with high-level characters and skills.

We’ll have our notebooks ready, so please let us know what you think on our forums!

Streams

Of course, not everyone will be able to claim their Steam key right now. If you’re not able to get the game just yet, but want to keep the hype as high as possible, then we’ve got you covered.

Over the next three days we’ll be showing off the game with some of our favourite youtubers - kicking off with Angry Joe at 2pm PT (22:00 Berlin / 9pm London). Keep an eye on Twitter and Facebook for more information!
Those of you who pledged to our Divinity: Original Sin 2 fundraiser last year should be set up with an account on the Larian Vault, just like a regular Kickstarter backer. If you also pledged to the Kickstarter directly, you may be able to merge your pledges and optionally upgrade to a higher tier. For details and support on that, please contact Angthoron.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What? I can play it right now? OMFG

I've found it in my Steam library and pressed INSTALL

:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you're a Codex backer, you should now have received a message from Angthoron explaining what you need to do.

Drowed

Arcane
Oh, wasn't the game supposed to be released tomorrow, 15th? So backers get it a day earlier, it seems. It's not that much, but it's nice anyways.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Why do they even bother with this Kickstarter updates? They've got my money and my soul already. Anyone who has played the first game would probably be ready to suck them off and pay for it.

Ivan

Arcane
LETS DO THIS
85F856251FEE0FB703B4B5D0D09F359629367BE2

FUCK! the intro music (when the vocals kick in)
7ea7a6f7c5d1efa8ad23ed97d60475f4be9ad12f5bd7616a60288adcb93a6c91.jpg

Baptismbyfire

Liturgist
I hope they did away with that silly, forced humor + postmodernish let's mix everything up style lacking coherence.

Drowed

Arcane
The "silly/forced" humour is part of the essence of Larian games, it exists in all of them. In this regard, you can give up - surely this won't change. (And for many, it shouldn't change.)

The postmodernism and lack of coherence I dunno, but if Bubbles can serve as reference, it seems that it actually has improved a lot.

Zeriel

Arcane
I know I should wait for release to play this for the best experience, but goddamn that wait is going to be painful.

Shin

Cipher
I know I should wait for release to play this for the best experience, but goddamn that wait is going to be painful.

That's one of the reasons I didn't back. I'm kind of regretting it now though... would love to sample a little slice at least.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
64228064.jpg

Any info if the hoodie sizes are American or European?
If European (this is a Belgian company, no?) I'm guessing I'm a M...
If American, I should probably request for a XXS size to be added.

:patriot::kwafuckyeah:

Certainly not going to play until actual release, though... Might even wait for the inevitable Super Special Enhanced Edition.

Last edited:

MightyHoax

Educated
Project: Eternity
Didn't even remember I was in on the fundraiser so it was a nice surprise to see the message from Angthoron #steamkeyredeemed:yeah:

Divinity: Original Sin
Didn't even remember I was in on the fundraiser so it was a nice surprise to see the message from Angthoron #steamkeyredeemed:yeah:

I completely forgot about donating too. And then it actually messed up with my kickstarter pledge...:( But I've contacted Larian and Angthoron about it anyways...:salute:

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I wanted to brofist Angthoron for the PM, but apparently you can't, so now I'm frustrated and unsatisfied. :oops:

Obviously I'll be waiting until the full release, and then the linux version, and then the special edition with linux support, but it's good that I'll (probably) play it someday.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Ugh, press keys can be so slow. Larian either ignore my direct message or just don't check their press email too often (probably first, duh) and evolve.terminals will probably work, but their process of approval can also take a while.

Shin

Cipher
So... how is it so far? I know I could get video footage from youtube but I don't want to spoil stuff. I would love to hear some quick comparisons to D:OS and ways it improves on the original (pun not intended).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom