Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #3: One million dollars! Racial skills are in

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

The Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter campaign reached one million dollars of funding a short while ago, prompting Swen Vincke to publish a celebratory update direct from the Larian booth at PAX Prime:

By the Seven! It’s crazy enough that we blasted through our original goal of $500,000 in just 12 hours, but now we’ve hit $1,000,000 on just Day 5? Unbelievable! The support we’ve received from you all has just been amazing. Thank you so much to each and every one of our backers: you’re helping this dream become a reality, and we’re very, very excited to work with you over the coming months to make this game something truly special.

Introducing: Racial Skills

Crossing the seven figure mark means that we will now be introducing Racial Skills to each Origin! Choosing a lizard over a dwarf will no longer be an aesthetic choice: now it will come with a range of skills, talents, and abilities that will reflect each race’s background, strengths, and place in the world. The history of your race will now directly affect how you fight, converse, and move through Rivellon. It’ll change how you deal with NPCs and friends alike, and will add a brand new layer of complexity and tactics to combat and your experience, letting you shape and mould your characters into the people (or lizards) that you want them to be.

Next stop: Undead Origins!

Those poor cosplayers.

Darkzone

Arcane
Swen rides currently on the wings of success. A man with millions in his pocket and joy for his own work has always much charisma, like a good looking woman in her 20ies.

Gwendo

Augur
My God, that booth is filled with a bunch of disgustingly overweight people. :lol:

Considering most gamers spend hours on their ass and probably have a job where they spend the day on their asses and most are too lazy to cook healthy food... It's no surprise.

I find it funny how Swen moves his head a lot when talking. :)

Shammy

Learned
I wonder if they hit 1.5 will they add additional stretch goals?
If they reach it extremely fast maybe, but I'd hate to see them have too many stretch goals and half-ass most of them just to get them out of the door. (*cough* PoE *cough )

Imo the ones they have now are perfect but maybe they'll surprise us.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm guessing 2mil is doable. 3mil is fantasy. 2,5mil if the campaign will include YT celebs.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
one-million-dollars.jpg

I have actually watched this movie last week for the first time.

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
I wonder if they hit 1.5 will they add additional stretch goals?
They will.

To quote the most recent relevant post:
The 1.5mil stretch goals are being kept under wraps for the moment. And we do have a plan of scheduled updates, but since the KS campaign has moved so much faster than we imagined, we ended up having to shuffle it around a lot. It's currently being editing, but we are working on more updates, which will give you a little more detail on the game and on the world that we're creating.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Enhanced:

1440596611456qmrer.gif

Anyway, I'm still shocked this KS is doing so well. A couple of weeks ago I had the feeling that starting the KS campaign before the Enhanced Edition of the first game comes out would be a terrible idea, but I guess I was completely wrong.

Darkzone

Arcane
Since he likes to read the Codex every once in a while, I thought I'd give him something else to quote when he talks to Codex representatives the next time.
Fuck if you continue to search for hidden meaning in my post, then you might learn to decipher them. Nice one.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
exp-cone.png

Given the fact that the projections are way too conservative (day 8 now, where's that final days surge nearly every kickstarter has for example?), this will make over 3,5 millions easily.
OMpkN.jpg

And thanks to the big spenders they still make about 45$ per pledge, so giving away a game that's a pretty safe investment for less than the 50 or so bucks they could get from all the hyped players of the first game doesn't look so stupid anymore, since they also get free backer feedback and early access has the stench of inaptitude all over it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom