Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 - The Four Relics of Rivellon Gift Bag Released

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Infinitron, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios

Since last March, Divinity: Original Sin 2 has received a series of free content packs known as Gift Bags. These have consisted of a variety of features ranging from quality-of-life improvements to amusing curiosities to barely disguised cheats. The latest Gift Bag, announced today during the second day of the Guerrilla Collective event, is called The Four Relics of Rivellon and is apparently the largest one yet. As the title suggests, it involves a treasure hunt for four powerful armor sets. Larian even created a trailer for it, which I'll post here along with the release announcement:

Today we are releasing our biggest Gift Bag yet, The Four Relics of Rivellon!

As always, it’s delivered directly to your version of D:OS2 and at no extra cost, via an update released alongside this text!

In The Four Relics of Rivellon, you’ll embark upon new quests in search of four ancient armour sets imbued with magical properties. You’ll face new foes, fight brand new fights, and even take on an entirely new Undead Dragon boss. Discover new lore, new loot, and new narration on the hunt for distant relics.

What you see of course depends on the choices you make during your adventure. Be sure to check out the trailer!

The four sets of armour are:

Captain Armour
    A set of armour that can dominate the minds of those around you. Each piece also boosts Lucky Charm, Persuasion and Bartering.

Vulture Armour
    A light set of armour based off of dwarven rituals. Each part of the set enhances range and damage dealt from higher ground, while the complete set gives the wearer a pair of permanent, vulture-like wings.

Contamination Armour
    An ancient set of armour created from magic thought lost long ago. Each piece offers resistance to poison, while the entire set grants immunity to poison along with a special ability to spawn exploding spores that will damage enemies in combat.

Devourer Armour
    A set of armour said to make its wearer almost invincible. In combat, the armour will mark a certain target in range. Any attacks on this target cannot miss and will deal extra damage.

The new content will be available in any new game you start and does not affect your achievements.
    Alongside the Gift Bag comes the usual raft of bugfixes, which you can read about it in the accompanying changelog. Fans may also want to check out Larian's upcoming Divinity: Original Sin 2 prequel graphic novel, which was also announced today.

• incline incline x 4
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Murk Arcane

Murk
    The game that never stops updating.

Was planning a replay with 3 friends so hey, may as well try some of these out -- the "haste when not in combat" is a 10/10 bonus.

• When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Theodora Augur Patron

Theodora
    Had no idea this was still seeing support; that's pretty cool.

• incline incline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. CRD Savant Patron

CRD
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    when is coming the remove the utter shitty armor system gift bag?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Malamert Novice

Malamert
    So where's the update that changes this from utter shite for braindead mongoloids to something halfway decent?

• Edgy x 2
    • butthurt x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Ismaul Citizen First Class #3333 Patron

Ismaul
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    When you guys die. It's all in your hands now, get to it!

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Projas Information Superhighwayman Patron

Projas
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Let me guess - the armour set will become obsolete by the time you find the last piece because lmao equipment levels.

• Despair Despair x 2
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Zayne Novice

Zayne
    Well, they've introduced quite costly and limited option to upgrade equipment to your current level in one of the previous gift bags.

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I never say no to a free content update.
    Hopefully Owlcat also delivers and brings turn-based mode officially to Kingmaker on PC.

• Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Cnaiur Savant

Cnaiur
    Currently doing a lone wolves / tactician run and it's great to have two less characters for inventory management / item shuffling reasons.

Still, some of the battles are top notch - you can ignore the bullshit story and just focus on the mechanics.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Zyondyne Literate

Zyondyne
    Played the video without reading the title and for some good seconds I thought this was Baldur's Gate 3 new footage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Athostar Novice

Athostar
    Well we have a turn based mod that works pretty nice. I played a bit with it, then decided against it cause encounters might take too long (and we all know Pathfinder: Kingmaker has way too many unnecessary fights, and the whole Kingdom mechanic - while cool in principle doesn't seem particularly well executed and mostly serves as an artificial time sink...). When I adjusted the difficulty to normal levels where an Owlbear didn't have the stats of a dragon, it felt pretty ok, and I've been mostly steamrolling stuff in RtWp for the story, with a few slightly more difficult encounters here and there. The nice thing is you can switch from turn-based to RtWp fairly seamlessly. :)

But we are getting turn-based for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, so we'll see how that works out. It just seems like you gotta have less enemies in general to make turn-based work with RtWp cause otherwise turn-based can get tedious...

As for D:OS 2, I haven't played it yet, everyone says the armor system is terrible so I assume it is, but D:OS got so frustratingly boring very quickly, the story was terrible and too goofy (although I like humour here and there) and the combat felt too gimicky with 50 different types of arrows and barrel throwing being mandatory. I'm no mastermind tactician nor am I extremely terrible, but it just felt you HAD to fight a certain way, and even then there were insufferable fights. After a while I stopped cause the story was obviously bad so there was no reason to carry on playing meaningless after meaningless encounter. The inventory system was also really bad from what I remember, and that added to the frustration even more.
    I kinda hope D:OS 2 has a better story, it seems like it's way less goofy but still bad from what I've read.

That said I do like Larian in general, I just hope they don't butcher the name of BG3 with terrible writting.

Sorry for slight wall of text.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Dedup Savant

Dedup
    This is apparently happening on August 18th when the game is released on consoles.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. dacencora Learned

dacencora
    Get the Divine War mod.

• Informative Informative x 4
    ^ Top  
  15. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Cipher

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico
    Well, you decided poorly. Not only it makes the game remarkably better in most cases, but it also has a hotkey to toggle real-time and turn-based at will, so that was never going to be an issue to begin with.
    Also, turn-based mode officially coming to PC was already confirmed, since people are wondering about it.

Not gonna lie, going by the description sounds like another one of these mods that make a lot of unnecessarily convoluted changes without even addressing properly the issues with the original game.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. dacencora Learned

dacencora
    The main issue in the game is the armor system. Divine War removes it entirely. Apparently there is also Divinity Unleashed by the same author, which refines the Armor system, rather than removing it.

^ Top  
  17. Athostar Novice

Athostar
    Yeah I mentioned you can switch seamlessly. And I agree it makes it better, I just decided against it cause the combat is faster this way and at this point I'm playing it for the story anyway. I was surprised that the mod is so well made and that you can just turn it on and off whenever so easily.

^ Top  
  18. Serious_Business Best Poster on the Codex

Serious_Business
    More SHIT in a SHIT pile of SHIT how can stop being SHit AAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Feels good taking a shit, indeed

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    • quality shit quality shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Ol'man Novice

Ol'man
    I don't suppose they adjusted the huge power differences a single level did to higher equipment, did they?

The numbers squish/scaling mod was a god send near release..

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.