Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 - The Four Relics of Rivellon Gift Bag Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios

Since last March, Divinity: Original Sin 2 has received a series of free content packs known as Gift Bags. These have consisted of a variety of features ranging from quality-of-life improvements to amusing curiosities to barely disguised cheats. The latest Gift Bag, announced today during the second day of the Guerrilla Collective event, is called The Four Relics of Rivellon and is apparently the largest one yet. As the title suggests, it involves a treasure hunt for four powerful armor sets. Larian even created a trailer for it, which I'll post here along with the release announcement:

Today we are releasing our biggest Gift Bag yet, The Four Relics of Rivellon!

As always, it’s delivered directly to your version of D:OS2 and at no extra cost, via an update released alongside this text!

In The Four Relics of Rivellon, you’ll embark upon new quests in search of four ancient armour sets imbued with magical properties. You’ll face new foes, fight brand new fights, and even take on an entirely new Undead Dragon boss. Discover new lore, new loot, and new narration on the hunt for distant relics.

What you see of course depends on the choices you make during your adventure. Be sure to check out the trailer!

The four sets of armour are:

Captain Armour
A set of armour that can dominate the minds of those around you. Each piece also boosts Lucky Charm, Persuasion and Bartering.

Vulture Armour
A light set of armour based off of dwarven rituals. Each part of the set enhances range and damage dealt from higher ground, while the complete set gives the wearer a pair of permanent, vulture-like wings.

Contamination Armour
An ancient set of armour created from magic thought lost long ago. Each piece offers resistance to poison, while the entire set grants immunity to poison along with a special ability to spawn exploding spores that will damage enemies in combat.

Devourer Armour
A set of armour said to make its wearer almost invincible. In combat, the armour will mark a certain target in range. Any attacks on this target cannot miss and will deal extra damage.

The new content will be available in any new game you start and does not affect your achievements.

Alongside the Gift Bag comes the usual raft of bugfixes, which you can read about it in the accompanying changelog. Fans may also want to check out Larian's upcoming Divinity: Original Sin 2 prequel graphic novel, which was also announced today.

Murk

Arcane
The game that never stops updating.

Was planning a replay with 3 friends so hey, may as well try some of these out -- the "haste when not in combat" is a 10/10 bonus.

Zayne

Scholar
Let me guess - the armour set will become obsolete by the time you find the last piece because lmao equipment levels.
Well, they've introduced quite costly and limited option to upgrade equipment to your current level in one of the previous gift bags.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I never say no to a free content update.
Hopefully Owlcat also delivers and brings turn-based mode officially to Kingmaker on PC.

Cnaiur

Augur
Currently doing a lone wolves / tactician run and it's great to have two less characters for inventory management / item shuffling reasons.

Still, some of the battles are top notch - you can ignore the bullshit story and just focus on the mechanics.

Zyondyne

Learned
Played the video without reading the title and for some good seconds I thought this was Baldur's Gate 3 new footage.

Athostar

Novice
I never say no to a free content update.
Hopefully Owlcat also delivers and brings turn-based mode officially to Kingmaker on PC.

Well we have a turn based mod that works pretty nice. I played a bit with it, then decided against it cause encounters might take too long (and we all know Pathfinder: Kingmaker has way too many unnecessary fights, and the whole Kingdom mechanic - while cool in principle doesn't seem particularly well executed and mostly serves as an artificial time sink...). When I adjusted the difficulty to normal levels where an Owlbear didn't have the stats of a dragon, it felt pretty ok, and I've been mostly steamrolling stuff in RtWp for the story, with a few slightly more difficult encounters here and there. The nice thing is you can switch from turn-based to RtWp fairly seamlessly. :)

But we are getting turn-based for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, so we'll see how that works out. It just seems like you gotta have less enemies in general to make turn-based work with RtWp cause otherwise turn-based can get tedious...

As for D:OS 2, I haven't played it yet, everyone says the armor system is terrible so I assume it is, but D:OS got so frustratingly boring very quickly, the story was terrible and too goofy (although I like humour here and there) and the combat felt too gimicky with 50 different types of arrows and barrel throwing being mandatory. I'm no mastermind tactician nor am I extremely terrible, but it just felt you HAD to fight a certain way, and even then there were insufferable fights. After a while I stopped cause the story was obviously bad so there was no reason to carry on playing meaningless after meaningless encounter. The inventory system was also really bad from what I remember, and that added to the frustration even more.
I kinda hope D:OS 2 has a better story, it seems like it's way less goofy but still bad from what I've read.

That said I do like Larian in general, I just hope they don't butcher the name of BG3 with terrible writting.

Sorry for slight wall of text.

Lilliput McHammersmith

when is coming the remove the utter shitty armor system gift bag?
Get the Divine War mod.

Welcome to Divine War: a total overhaul of Divinity Original Sin 2’s combat and character building systems that offers balance, player choice and tactical challenge above all.

The armour system is gone, splitting damage types no more – hybrid characters and party types are free to combine their efforts to achieve victory through their unique strengths and weaknesses. Thanks to an overhaul of attributes and abilities, characters build around strategy and creativity instead of raw math.

The armour system has not gone without replacement, however:

Introducing Willpower

Characters begin combat with 1-7 Willpower, depending on Resolve. Crowd control status effects such as Knocked Down, Sleeping and Stunned are blocked by Willpower, decreasing it when applied. When no Willpower remains, a character is open to any form of bullying.

If you return to Rivellon with Divine War you'll find the following additional features too:

Attribute Changes
  • Strength, now Power, increases ALL damage - including grenades
  • Finesse gives additional speed, range and accuracy
  • Intelligence, now Resolve, gives HP regeneration and bonus Willpower (half for NPCs)
  • Constitution, unchanged, is more valuable than ever with the damage meta dead
  • Memory, now Intellect, gives you skill slots and extra cooldown management
  • Wits, now Wisdom, increases the potency of your healing effects and grants extra critical hit chance

Ability Changes
  • Abilities cap at 6 but no longer grant extra damage, meaning you take them for skills - not numbers
  • Ability points now come only every other level, encouraging smart build planning
  • Characters gain 1 extra ability point on Source collar removal and another for each Source channeling lesson, totalling 3
  • Four new Utility abilities have been added to the game in place of weapon abilities: Lifesteal, Knockback, Sourcery and Evasion
  • Combat abilities come with unique Mastery Talents at Level 6 to blow the enemy away with style!

Talent Changes
  • Nearly everything is now useful. Even Pet Pal.
  • Overpowered, useless, underwhelming or obsolete talents such as Escapist, Bigger and Better and Parry Master have been overhauled
  • New talents have been added in place of some old ones: meet Academic, Black-Hearted and Braveheart!
  • Everybody gets the Pawn, Savage Sortilege and Opportunist for free in combat: no need to spend an action point just to move three inches.

Armour Begone!
  • Physical and Magical Armour have been removed from the game. No more splitting damage types!
  • Willpower, its replacement mechanic, resists hard status effects such as Knocked Down and Sleeping. This means you can still Bleed and Burn whoever you want!
  • Gear now grants resistances - physical or magical - instead.

Summoning Overhaul
  • A Summoner’s to-do list is no longer limited to one incarnate and a truckload of buffs. You now have access to five demons that each play a unique role in combat!
  • Divine War features the lifesteal-supporting Parasitic Heart and three never-before-seen demons, from the destructive Chaos Elemental to the terrifying Matron of Agony and the apocalyptic Eldritch Gatekeeper.

Well we have a turn based mod that works pretty nice. I played a bit with it, then decided against it cause encounters might take too long .
Well, you decided poorly. Not only it makes the game remarkably better in most cases, but it also has a hotkey to toggle real-time and turn-based at will, so that was never going to be an issue to begin with.
Also, turn-based mode officially coming to PC was already confirmed, since people are wondering about it.

Get the Divine War mod.
Not gonna lie, going by the description sounds like another one of these mods that make a lot of unnecessarily convoluted changes without even addressing properly the issues with the original game.

Last edited:

Lilliput McHammersmith

Well we have a turn based mod that works pretty nice. I played a bit with it, then decided against it cause encounters might take too long .
Well, you decided poorly. Not only it makes the game remarkably better in most cases, but it also has a hotkey to toggle real-time and turn-based at will, so that was never going to be an issue to begin with.
Also, turn-based mode officially coming to PC was already confirmed, since people are wondering about it.

Get the Divine War mod.
Not gonna lie, going by the description sounds like another one of these mods that make a lot of unnecessarily convoluted changes without even addressing properly the issues with the original game.

The main issue in the game is the armor system. Divine War removes it entirely. Apparently there is also Divinity Unleashed by the same author, which refines the Armor system, rather than removing it.

Athostar

Novice

Get the Divine War mod.

Yeah I mentioned you can switch seamlessly. And I agree it makes it better, I just decided against it cause the combat is faster this way and at this point I'm playing it for the story anyway. I was surprised that the mod is so well made and that you can just turn it on and off whenever so easily.

Ol'man

Educated
Let me guess - the armour set will become obsolete by the time you find the last piece because lmao equipment levels.
Well, they've introduced quite costly and limited option to upgrade equipment to your current level in one of the previous gift bags.

I don't suppose they adjusted the huge power differences a single level did to higher equipment, did they?

The numbers squish/scaling mod was a god send near release..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom