Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition Gamescom 2015 Trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios

A shiny new trailer for the Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition has been unveiled for the first day of Gamescom. Like some of Original Sin's previous trailers, it's focused around providing an overview of the game's many features.

At the end, the trailer promises a release "this holiday season". However, the console versions of the Enhanced Edition are already available for pre-order on Amazon with a release date of October 27th. Time will tell whether that's a legit date, but what's unlikely to be non-legit is that $60 price tag. Does that mean the price of the PC version will have to be bumped up too?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Even their trailer voice over writing is mediocre.. "let's have this english person ramble on and repeat shit for 2 minutes"

Price is ridiculous, that cant be right.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Console news on RPG Codex?

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
Is the writing different?

I stopped playing D:OS because I started to feel my brain cells dying.

Athelas

Arcane
Whether this is a commercial success on consoles or not could have big implications for the future of turn-based RPG's.

Aenra

Why are we even interested on console pricing exactly? Even if it relates to a bump of the PC port..

We bought it already, upgrade is for free ^^
Those that have not by now, well it's still sold. Don't see the issue. They stuck to what they promised us, if they can simultaneously squeeze an extra buck or two from the consoletards (an insane number of Codexers included sadly), all good by me. As far as the actual console sales go, well..key word being 'co-op'? It will do grand.

What i'd like to hear is some news regarding any of their future titles, which presumably have been in the works for some months by now. Even a tidbit would do

Is the writing different?

I stopped playing D:OS because I started to feel my brain cells dying.
That was not the game's fault, probably.

Anyway, that console UI is ugly as hell, but who cares, I'm not planning to play with a controller anyway and I'm in for all the improvements (especially considered the upgrade is free for previous owners).

m_s0

Arcane
I think that's just regular console pricing, so unless they decided against releasing the new version for free to D:OS owners the price on PC will likely stay the same.

Drowed

Arcane
I think that's just regular console pricing, so unless they decided against releasing the new version for free to D:OS owners the price on PC will likely stay the same.

Well, since all the owners of the original D:OS will recieve this ''expansion'' for free, then I don't see a problem; if the game remains at the same price on PC, that is.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Ok, so I didn't back this, only because I didn't even hear about the kickstarter, but I did buy it.

Do previous owners get this new version for free or for a discount?

I like what I see, that's for sure.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Ok, so I didn't back this, only because I didn't even hear about the kickstarter, but I did buy it.

Not sure if it will be just a patch or a new game entry but it will be free for previous owners.

kazgar

Arcane

Free, probably be a new key and a separate product (in steam if that's how you got yours)

Septaryeth

Augur
"Combat is challenging"

HA!

It can be if you avoid crafting, hoarding all the treasure and sell them for ability points.
If you don't, well, at least enjoy playing rock paper scissor with yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom