Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Discussion in 'Larian Studios' started by Abu Antar, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Summons stop being effective a few levels later.

^ Top  
  3. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    I know, I did not believe people like this existed few years ago, but I think they are the norm now. Back in the day you would keep something like this to yourself or try and phrase it a different way. Now people just flat come out with that it is hard to read, how can you not be embarrassed to admit that?

My brother and I were not abnormal to figure out and play Ad&d and even war games like third Reich when we were 10-12 years old, but nowadays such a person would be highly unusual, especially the wargame stuff. But back when I was growing up, it was very common place. nowadays I don't think mot adults could do it even, the internet has made us all pretty stupid I think, or more like impatient or something.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    "I know, I did not believe people like this existed few years ago, but I think they are the norm now. Back in the day you would keep something like this to yourself or try and phrase it a different way. Now people just flat come out with that it is hard to read, how can you not be embarrassed to admit that?"

Bullshitz. It's always been this way.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You're way off base here my friend... :P. I've sunk a lot into KS games and if D:OS, The Tesla Effect (heard it's good but haven't tried it... yet) and Quest for Infamy are an indication of the end results ... well, TAKE MY MONEY!!!

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Indeed, we need more Codexers to donate at $500+ tiers so they can continue giving me their extra codes.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  7. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    All my Codex bros have to do is ask and if I have an extra key available. :love:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    J_C can't handle it:
    https://twitter.com/mattbarton/status/489538051799273472

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  9. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    How the mighty have fallen....:M

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Matt always sucked horribly at videogames

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  11. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    Matt exposed for the gaming fraud he really is.
    Go back to doing interviews, Matt. At least you can't really lose when doing those.

^ Top  
  12. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    I was going to post something really rude but I didn't want to be mean :M

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    Manned the fuck up and made a new party/ Now that I understand the game better it's not so bad. Also, I just discovered you can do something at the 4 towers. :P missed that the first time around

^ Top  
  14. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    Someone tell Matt he should only fight enemies his own level.

Also I thought there weren't any trash battles. :M

So you're angry because a positive review isn't positive enough? Reminds me of the reception to my System Shock 2 impressions. :lol:

Also his criticisms are fair. Larian completely failed when it came to sign-posting (other than showing you the level of any given enemy) and the crafting/inventory interface is terribad.

And then I realized I just defended a Rowan Kaiser article look what you made me do.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    I would ask but I've forgotten what all the donor icons mean/what games they go to. Sadly, you don't appear to have KS'ed vaporware Deadstate.

^ Top  
  16. set Cipher

set
    Divinity on normal is not that hard, at all. You have to be pretty shitty to take a full point off for being such a wuss you can't stomach setting your game to easy.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  17. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    Matt Barton embraces decline:

^ Top  
  18. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Normal is total face roll once you get up and running. It can be a bit hard in the first hour or so (but then again most of that time is spent in the first town talking and solving quests) if you don't go and recruit Jahan/Madora but that doesn't last for long. If he put in at least ten hours I can't see how he could conclude normal to be too hard.

^ Top  
  19. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    No it has not. When I was growing up no kid would just come out and say with no shame that he did not like to play a game because it was hard to read and pay attention. All the anti-bullying BS probably has kids thinking being a dumb tard is just another type of unique awesomeness, its not BAD, its just different!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Maybe he sucks at building characters, positioning in battle, etc it's not hard to figure out why people might have difficulties. I doubt he abuses OP shit like bully or leech or is even aware of those being that good

^ Top  
  21. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    ." Not everybody wants every battle hinging on a single dice roll!"

What an idiot. No battle hinges on a single dice roll. Not one. The game sin't hard. I wouldn't call it 'easy' either' but it's nowhere near the most challenging game. Maybe top 100 if lucky.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    ^ Top  
  23. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    I didn't pick leech on any of my characters and only had bully on my ranger because it was part of the default class build. Started totally blind with a cleric and ranger. Was struggling with some of the undead outside (I believe I killed the lighthouse 'boss' with just my two mains and Jahan) when I thought Jahan/Madora was an either/or proposition. When I realized I could have both it was smooth sailing.

So, yes, initially I can see someone having issues. But if you've played enough to make a review/rate it then it's moronic to knock it down a star or level or whatever for being too difficult on normal... because it simply isn't.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    ^ Top  
  25. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    I have not unlocked the room with a beds and mirrors, where is that? is it at the end of time? I only unlocked hall of heroes and then saved and have not played since, is it in hall of heroes or is it a different and separate area?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.