Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Update #51: Alpha Released!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

Today's Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter update reports that, as planned, the game's alpha has been released to backers. In the update and its accompanying video, Swen makes sure that everybody knows just how raw the game still is:

Before you rush in and get your alpha code, please watch/read the following messages. We know, you most likely won't, but still, there's some important stuff in here. The most important thing is:

If you want a a smooth, balanced & stable experience without performance problems, wait for release! Seriously!

What is in the Alpha?

About 10 to 15 hours of gameplay.

What's not in the Alpha?

Quite a lot. Currently co-operative mode is disabled, as are the companions. We're still working on getting schedules in, so those are not in either. Sound & music are still very much work in progress too. Further, there's a very long list of features that are not 100% working yet, or just not in yet. This really is alpha, with plenty of stuff unfinished.

What are the known issues?

Too many to list - we made a short summary for you but really, there's a lot of things that still need to be done.

How can I help?

We are testing the game ourselves so there's no need for sending us reports on bugs that are obvious. But we are very interested in those that are not so obvious. What makes a non- obvious bug? Well, something you don't see immediately, something that requires you to do a certain amount of things to trigger it.

You'll know it when you see it :)

If the game crashes, we would appreciate it if you could send us your crash report. It helps us locate the problem.

When can I expect an update to the Alpha?

We might still do a few emergency patches in the coming days, but then we're taking our X-mas break. The next big update is scheduled for January and will be a feature/balance update. Most likely, big feature candidates to be included then are companions and cooperative play.

We'll keep you posted.

Kickstarter backers can grab their Steam key over at the Larian Vault. If you pledged for the game through the Codex fundraiser but not on Kickstarter, then don't worry - you'll be taken care of. Ah, such a good time to be an RPG fan!

M0RBUS

Augur
Beta doesn't mean shit. You label it as you damn well like.

Last edited:

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Yeah, the bottom line is, when you openly announce alpha, beta, gamma or even delta it should be somewhere close till the end. This has nothing to do with Original Sin (they plan to have 1.0 version within 3-6 months), but I started to hate those indies that make this process a fucking life-time experience (v. 0.501, 0.502, 0.503 ............ )

Galaad

Novice
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
Finally! btw has Volrath written anything on his day at Larian? I may have missed it...not that it matters since I guess I'll be able to try it for myself soon enough.

Simple curiosity, when does one get out of the whatever mode noobs like myself have to go through when posting on Codex? ( By that I mean the "waiting for moderator approval mode" )

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
If you pledged for the game through the Codex fundraiser but not on Kickstarter, then don't worry - you'll be taken care of. Ah, such a good time to be an RPG fan!
any eta? coz i wants it nao...

Galaad

Novice
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
In Another thread Angothron mentionned he'd be sending out the keys tomorrow I believe.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If you pledged for the game through the Codex fundraiser but not on Kickstarter, then don't worry - you'll be taken care of. Ah, such a good time to be an RPG fan!
any eta? coz i wants it nao...

As Galaad mentions above, Angthoron will take care of that tomorrow.

Larian have only given us 50 keys so far though. Dunno how many they're willing to give us in total, so if you're not close to the top 50 donors...

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera

Larian have only given us 50 keys so far though. Dunno how many they're willing to give us in total, so if you're not close to the top 50 donors...
suckage. i was hoping everyone that gets a copy from the codexian kickstarter would get in, but that would be 120 keys.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

suckage. i was hoping everyone that gets a copy from the codexian kickstarter would get in, but that would be 120 keys.

I hoped so too, and still keep hoping to some extent, but I just can't say for sure at this point. Initially they did tell me they should be able to give keys to all 120 ppl, but who knows what may have changed since.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
"All off those who backed?" Even the shameful under €20 amounts?

TPB hits on keyword "divinity" are just sad (yes even Dragon Commander is listed under that search, at the top), I hope they fare better with this game. 15 euro on Steam Christmas Sale 2014 then I might grab it (too lazy for alpha/beta testing).

Zeriel

Arcane
TPB hits on keyword "divinity" are just sad (yes even Dragon Commander is listed under that search, at the top), I hope they fare better with this game. 15 euro on Steam Christmas Sale 2014 then I might grab it (too lazy for alpha/beta testing).

AFAIK Dragon Commander did better sales than they were expecting.

Pirated copies don't necessarily come out of the pool of people who were going to buy your game, after all.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Man, not only do I not remember backing this but I seriously didn't think I'd get one because of the 'dex.

:love:

Can't wait to take a peek after work!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom