Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Update #75: Enhanced Edition Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios

Today, a year and four months after its original release, Larian have released the Enhanced Edition of their magnum opus, Divinity: Original Sin. I'm sure you've read enough about the improvements the new edition is introducing in all of the promotional material they've released over the past couple of weeks, so I'll cut right to the chase. From the accompanying Kickstarter update:

It’s been over a year in the making, but it's been worth it. Today, we are very proud to deliver to you Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition!

What makes our Enhanced Edition different from others? Check out our latest home-brewed trailer to find out just how far we went to bring you the ultimate Divinity experience:

How do I get my copy of Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition?

If you already purchased the original Divinity: Original Sin
, you will receive the Enhanced Edition FREE as a download in your Steam or GOG account. This will appear as a second entry in your library, next to Divinity: Original Sin. Download it and get to playing! (Oh, and spread the word to your friends who didn't try it yet :) )

If you’ve never purchased the game, head over to Steam or GOG and make your purchase!

Errrrr... is the Tactician Mode for me?

It could be, but only if you're really comfortable with cRPGs in general, and Divinity: Original Sinin particular. Check out the following interview with Edouard (who worked on the combat design) to discover what Tactician Mode is and how it was created.

In Closing

We’ll be back with more Divinity: Original Sin 2 content very soon. Until then? Check out the new website dedicated to the Enhanced Edition right here! Or start playing of course - it's a whole new game!​

Also included in the update is the new edition's changelog, both a link to a long version on the Larian forums and a short version (which is also too long to quote here). For those who don't already own it, Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition is available for $40, same as the original. If you do own it, now's the time for that playthrough you've been putting off. Enjoy!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like how the console version has its own trailer with MOAR CUTSCENES:

Xenich

Cipher
Different audience, guess they need to "herd" them in with the "BOOM" and "POW" and "SHINY" marketing gimmicks.

I tried the game for a few moments and so far, Larian has kept their word as the PC version looks and acts nothing like the console videos I have seen. I also like how some of the keyboard and mouse designs had a little more thought put into them. They did a good job (for what few minutes of play I messed with).

Aenra

Phone: Deactivated
Dog: Fed
Other Half: lolwhat
JD: Just opened
Coke: Cans 6
Clean Glass: Check
Fags: Packs 2

This one is ready. See you in a few days.

:kingcomrade:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Sadly the story is still shitty.

Indeed.

I had forgotten how shit it was, but replaying it now...ugh .. everything still just so "kiddy" cheese shit. The voiced dialogues somehow makes it even worse, lel.

OOOOOOOHhhh Hellllooooow, good sirrrr... why is everybody so fucking cheerful ;D Whimsical up my ass.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Everybody should/must post only positive stuff about it so I can go on pretending that I did the right thing when I joined the codex herd in donating for Divinity 2.

Black

Arcane
1. Installed
2. Saw that the Glass Cannon talent is incompatible with Lone Wolf
3. Uninstalled

Xenich

Cipher
You smoke in your room? Disgusting.

Why is it disgusting? Do you feel the same way about cooking in your home? Oh wait... you are one of those stupid fucks that has no clue about chemistry right?

Here is a task of education. Go out, look up what all substances, their levels of toxicity, etc... that is in smoke from Tobacco, then look up what is in smoke from other sources, wood, meat, plastic, etc...

Now... in complete fucking horror, stand there like an idiot about how similar they are.

Then... stick your head up your ass and suffocate in order to end it all and save us intelligent people from your complete fucking STUPIDITY!

Xenich

Cipher
Indeed.

I had forgotten how shit it was, but replaying it now...ugh .. everything still just so "kiddy" cheese shit. The voiced dialogues somehow makes it even worse, lel.

OOOOOOOHhhh Hellllooooow, good sirrrr... why is everybody so fucking cheerful ;D Whimsical up my ass.

Just interested, but could you please give us example of what quality story is compared to this? You know, to get a gauge of what your tastes are?

I mean, I am not saying the story here is great, but lets see how your tastes stand up to scrutiny?

I mean, I am sure I could take any game you list and pick it apart in various dialog rants.

Again, I am not saying this game is wonderful in its dialog, but for fucks sake, shit? Really? We need to see your high standards there!

So fucking list them you twit! What games are amazing that we all here at the codex can analyze?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
So, I owned the game but didn't have time to play it except for a couple hours.

I know it's too early to know, but once some of you check, please recommend me wether to go with the original or with EE in Tactician mode. I like my games hard and unforgiving.

Xenich

Cipher
So, I owned the game but didn't have time to play it except for a couple hours.

I know it's too early to know, but once some of you check, please recommend me wether to go with the original or with EE in Tactician mode. I like my games hard and unforgiving.

I would say go with the original. I mean, if you are so fucking stupid that you would ask this question with the obvious logical progression of "original" to "tactician" and you are too fucking lazy to have looked up or read anything about the more difficult settings, my advice to you is pick the easiest setting and make sure to find a cheat program because FOR FUCKS SAKE you are going to need it.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Just interested, but could you please give us example of what quality story is compared to this? You know, to get a gauge of what your tastes are?

I mean, I am not saying the story here is great, but lets see how your tastes stand up to scrutiny?

I mean, I am sure I could take any game you list and pick it apart in various dialog rants.

Again, I am not saying this game is wonderful in its dialog, but for fucks sake, shit? Really? We need to see your high standards there!

So fucking list them you twit! What games are amazing that we all here at the codex can analyze?

WL2, PoE, Underrail, AoD

Dare I say even Shadowrun had better story? ;D

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why is it disgusting? Do you feel the same way about cooking in your home? Oh wait... you are one of those stupid fucks that has no clue about chemistry right?

Here is a task of education. Go out, look up what all substances, their levels of toxicity, etc... that is in smoke from Tobacco, then look up what is in smoke from other sources, wood, meat, plastic, etc...

Now... in complete fucking horror, stand there like an idiot about how similar they are.

Then... stick your head up your ass and suffocate in order to end it all and save us intelligent people from your complete fucking STUPIDITY!

Cigarette smoke does not play nice with computers. Open it up for a cleaning and you'll see.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
That Xenich joker tries too hard
:martini:

That because he uses big fat veiny meat cigars.
And after the director shouts "Cut!" he only uses approved mouthwash to wipe that strange taste.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom