Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Updates: $200,000 Reached, Review Meeting Video, Editor Explained

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Crooked Bee, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios

Larian Studios' Divinity: Original Sin has just passed $200,000 in funding, and two Kickstarter updates have been released already, one concerning the editor that comes with Original Sin and the other having to do with what still needs to be done on the game. Have the more important bits from both updates:

An example of the editor

We recorded the implementation of a very well-known quest. Well, we wouldn't call it a quest, but... Well, you'll see. This video will show you how you put a character in the world, give them a dialog, change a faction's relationship to the player, trigger a reaction, trigger a dual dialog, and immediately test out what you've written.

Review meeting video

A snapshot of a small review meeting between David & Swen in which we play through a section of the game and comment on what still needs to be done. This is quite relevant to this Kickstarter campaign. We came to Kickstarter to be able to make all these changes that we're talking about. You’ll see quite a few game systems in action that haven’t been shown yet, and which we’ll re-address in more detail in future updates. Included are our thoughts on animal empathy, gender recognition, consistency of the game world and… teleporter pyramids!

Let us know if you agree with their comments!

Blog update

Swen wrote a new blog update in which he comments on the impression that the Kickstarter is not going fast enough. The general gist is that 1 in 5 people who see the Kickstarter video back our campaign (which is an amazingly high number), but that the number of views is relatively low. So obviously we’re looking for ways to increase the amount of RPG players that come to our page, because we’re convinced that this is a game all RPG players want to play. He also included an overview of how people are arriving on our Kickstarter page.

http://www.lar.net/2013/03/30/kickstarter-campaign-3-days-in/

The second update also mentions they're going to fine-tune the rewards a bit in the coming days.

Source: Update 2; Update 1.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  2. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Do not let the watch win, we NEED 20 more codexers to back this up.

After that, and only after that, we can be considerable bros and say it's nice of them to help Larian like this. :P

EDIT: Oh, and stop being such cheap bastards, they not only have +20 backers, but more than +1k money than us! :rpgcodex:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  3. Stabwound Arcane

Stabwound
    So it sounds like they expected to get a lot more money than $400,000. I hope this works out for them.

Still eye rolling at releasing early due to RPGWatch. :roll:

^ Top  
  4. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm just glad this KS picked up a little steam and seems to be doing better. Seems much more likely to get above their $400,000 goal which didn't appear likely when it popped up unexpectedly a few days ago.
    I did my part as I'm a sucker for boxed copies of these KS games. I never thought I'd regret seeing such an :incline: in our hobby but, man my bank account is suffering!! :D

^ Top  
  5. Dhralei Learned Patron

Dhralei
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Anyone have a link to DU's stealth fundraiser for D:OS? I want to check what the total is but am completely useless at finding the page.

^ Top  
  6. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    I can't find it either.

^ Top  
  7. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    http://www.rpgcodex.net/campaigns.php?id=3

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Dhralei Learned Patron

Dhralei
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Thanks Crooked Bee! :greatjob: Is DU hiding the page in the bowels of the Codex if even Jaesun can't find it?

^ Top  
  9. Monty Arcane

Monty
    Up to 213k now, so just over 7k per day needed. Even with the usual fall-off in the middle 400k should be easily attained.

It's just a question of how much they were hoping to go over by and if they have any solid stretch goals.

^ Top  
  10. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Yep. The campaign is on silent mode until the one for Torment ends.

^ Top  
  11. kaizoku Arcane

kaizoku
    Sheep just gone real!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Those Larian guys are crazy in a good way. Really want to have a intelectual stimulating conversation with those sheep.:lol:

^ Top  
  13. Dhralei Learned Patron

Dhralei
    Well it'll be the first time I even think about trying to talk with critters in the game, that's for sure. And if they don't give me any useful info, well Larian did conveniently point out the additional uses of fireballs:smug:

^ Top  
  14. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    From what Sven mentioned in the other thread it sounds like $600k is their 'true' goal although I'm sure they were hoping for more.

^ Top  
  15. Gwendo Augur

Gwendo
    I'm little bit disapointed that there's no NPC schedules. I was really getting excited about this game being a spiritual successor of Ultima. It makes a huge difference to make a world have more meaning and avoid having NPC as hollow distributors of quests, items (shops) and little else.

^ Top  
  16. Untermensch Savant

Untermensch
    Maybe I missed it, but did they say what the system requirements will be?

^ Top  
  17. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    They actually want to do schedules. It may end up as a stretch goal.

^ Top  
  18. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Nothing specific, but they mentioned they will be pretty low in one of the previews (like being able to play on a business class laptop).

^ Top  
  19. Davaris Australian Game Developers Developer

Davaris
    Is that turn based combat grid based? I can't tell from the second video. Looks good whatever the case.

^ Top  
  20. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Percentage-wise it's doing better than our T:ToN fundraiser... :P

^ Top  
  21. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    Well I sure hope no more incline is coming in the next couple of months, this is getting expensive.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  22. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    I know. :lol:

^ Top  
  23. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    Nothing major, probably a new Betrayal at Krondor and probably a new Police Quest.

^ Top  
  24. Brzęczyszczykiewicz Arcane

Brzęczyszczykiewicz
    Project: Eternity
    And new 2D city builder from people that made Ceasar series, Pharaoh, Emperor: Rise of the middle kingdom, etc.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    No, it's not. It's grid-free like ToEE.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.