Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Updates: $200,000 Reached, Review Meeting Video, Editor Explained

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios

Larian Studios' Divinity: Original Sin has just passed $200,000 in funding, and two Kickstarter updates have been released already, one concerning the editor that comes with Original Sin and the other having to do with what still needs to be done on the game. Have the more important bits from both updates:

An example of the editor

We recorded the implementation of a very well-known quest. Well, we wouldn't call it a quest, but... Well, you'll see. This video will show you how you put a character in the world, give them a dialog, change a faction's relationship to the player, trigger a reaction, trigger a dual dialog, and immediately test out what you've written.

Review meeting video

A snapshot of a small review meeting between David & Swen in which we play through a section of the game and comment on what still needs to be done. This is quite relevant to this Kickstarter campaign. We came to Kickstarter to be able to make all these changes that we're talking about. You’ll see quite a few game systems in action that haven’t been shown yet, and which we’ll re-address in more detail in future updates. Included are our thoughts on animal empathy, gender recognition, consistency of the game world and… teleporter pyramids!

Let us know if you agree with their comments!

Blog update

Swen wrote a new blog update in which he comments on the impression that the Kickstarter is not going fast enough. The general gist is that 1 in 5 people who see the Kickstarter video back our campaign (which is an amazingly high number), but that the number of views is relatively low. So obviously we’re looking for ways to increase the amount of RPG players that come to our page, because we’re convinced that this is a game all RPG players want to play. He also included an overview of how people are arriving on our Kickstarter page.

http://www.lar.net/2013/03/30/kickstarter-campaign-3-days-in/

The second update also mentions they're going to fine-tune the rewards a bit in the coming days.

Source: Update 2; Update 1.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Do not let the watch win, we NEED 20 more codexers to back this up.

After that, and only after that, we can be considerable bros and say it's nice of them to help Larian like this. :P

EDIT: Oh, and stop being such cheap bastards, they not only have +20 backers, but more than +1k money than us! :rpgcodex:

Stabwound

Arcane
So it sounds like they expected to get a lot more money than $400,000. I hope this works out for them.

Still eye rolling at releasing early due to RPGWatch. :roll:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm just glad this KS picked up a little steam and seems to be doing better. Seems much more likely to get above their $400,000 goal which didn't appear likely when it popped up unexpectedly a few days ago.
Do not let the watch win, we NEED 20 more codexers to back this up.

After that, and only after that, we can be considerable bros and say it's nice of them to help Larian like this. :P

EDIT: Oh, and stop being such cheap bastards, they not only have +20 backers, but more than +1k money than us! :rpgcodex:

I did my part as I'm a sucker for boxed copies of these KS games. I never thought I'd regret seeing such an :incline: in our hobby but, man my bank account is suffering!! :D

Dhralei

Learned
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Anyone have a link to DU's stealth fundraiser for D:OS? I want to check what the total is but am completely useless at finding the page.

Dhralei

Learned
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Thanks Crooked Bee! :greatjob: Is DU hiding the page in the bowels of the Codex if even Jaesun can't find it?

Monty

Arcane
Up to 213k now, so just over 7k per day needed. Even with the usual fall-off in the middle 400k should be easily attained.

It's just a question of how much they were hoping to go over by and if they have any solid stretch goals.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Those Larian guys are crazy in a good way. Really want to have a intelectual stimulating conversation with those sheep.:lol:

Dhralei

Learned
Patron
Well it'll be the first time I even think about trying to talk with critters in the game, that's for sure. And if they don't give me any useful info, well Larian did conveniently point out the additional uses of fireballs:smug:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Up to 213k now, so just over 7k per day needed. Even with the usual fall-off in the middle 400k should be easily attained.

It's just a question of how much they were hoping to go over by and if they have any solid stretch goals.

From what Sven mentioned in the other thread it sounds like $600k is their 'true' goal although I'm sure they were hoping for more.

Gwendo

Augur
I'm little bit disapointed that there's no NPC schedules. I was really getting excited about this game being a spiritual successor of Ultima. It makes a huge difference to make a world have more meaning and avoid having NPC as hollow distributors of quests, items (shops) and little else.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm little bit disapointed that there's no NPC schedules. I was really getting excited about this game being a spiritual successor of Ultima. It makes a huge difference to make a world have more meaning and avoid having NPC as hollow distributors of quests, items (shops) and little else.

They actually want to do schedules. It may end up as a stretch goal.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Is that turn based combat grid based? I can't tell from the second video. Looks good whatever the case.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Angthoron

Arcane
Well I sure hope no more incline is coming in the next couple of months, this is getting expensive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom