Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"EU is in the grip of an inexplicable crime spree - robberies, theft and even murder rates have more than doubled in all of its member countries. All the incidents in this crime wave are connected by the mysterious message 'For Sven' left at the various crime scenes."

Monty

Arcane
EU police battling an unprecedented wave of trannies hitting street corners offering their sexual services - 'For Sven'.

BigWeather

Augur
I really want to hit $1M. I understand that day / night, and the attendant NPC schedules that'd be hitched to it, may be really hard to do right -- but surely weather can be done a lot more easier (and bumped a bit earlier, pretty please)? Normally weather isn't that huge a deal, but in a game where ice, water, etc. actually make a difference I think the immediate tactical benefits in combat would be awesome.

I know I'm just dreamin', and not thinking of all of the complications involved with weather. This has been a really tight run Kickstarter so far so I'm sure they haven't missed anything.

Azazel

Arbiter
Is there any chance of pledging for the game via Paypal or something? I don't particularly feel compelled to use kickstarter any longer after the whole Susan Wilson shitshow.

doggfookker

Educated
Any idea how the in-game areas are laid out? I really liked the huge, explorable locations in Divine Divinity, and would prefer that to the BG1 style of individual smaller areas or the corridor-like valleys of Divinity 2. In fact, one of my only complaints with Div2 was that I wish it were more open world.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can you push people off cliffs and such and make them suffer fall damage?
We can't exactly jump around, can we?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any idea how the in-game areas are laid out? I really liked the huge, explorable locations in Divine Divinity, and would prefer that to the BG1 style of individual smaller areas or the corridor-like valleys of Divinity 2. In fact, one of my only complaints with Div2 was that I wish it were more open world.
Original Sin is very similar to Divinity in regards to world construction. There are supposed to be 4 or 5 huge areas to explore.

DeepOcean

Arcane
They said that the first area is really dense in content but the other areas are a little empty in comparison and that is why they are making a KS. It was the same in Div Div 1, alot of things to do on the starting town and on the main city but everything else was kinda of empty, lots and lots of orcs, that huge dungeon with copy/pasted levels that takes forever to end, after the starting town, almost killed my interest in the game. I managed to survive that dungeon and get to the main city and loved it. At that time I thought that Div Div 1 was one of the worst and one of the best game I played at the same time, if a game took the best part of the game and get rid of the terrible Diablo Clone combat ... and Larian surprised me because: 1) They are still alive and making interesting RPGs and b) Divine Divinity Original Sin appear to be the real Div Div 1 as it should be at that time but I'm worried about the density of content, 4 - 5 huge empty areas aren't exactly what I want. I really want that those stretch goals are only to attract pledges but the money is really gonna be used to put things on those 4-5 huge areas and things like the day/night cycles, companions and etc. aren't going to cost the full 1 million dollars, I can live without day/night cycles and companions without personality but I really want all those 4-5 huge areas with good quests and combat encounters to make exploration fun.

Gord

Arcane
Heh, stumbled onto this video about divinity 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Nq9_X68os

Didn't know you could go dragon on the DTPS after taking out the guy who hate the machine. Hehe. The initial melee system looked pretty sweet.

Huh? Really? I never thought you could do this simply due to the fact that turning into a dragon makes enemies on the ground dissapear everywhere else. So why would it be different in that case?
Hm, I wonder if I've got a save from that encounter left...

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ocean, they said on their KS the prime goal for the first 400K is to make the world more dense, so I'm hoping they'll keep that promise.

Is there any chance of pledging for the game via Paypal or something? I don't particularly feel compelled to use kickstarter any longer after the whole Susan Wilson shitshow.

I'm guessing they'll start a Paypal option once the initial goal is met. (Ask them about it)

Also, you really shouldn't let few shitstains like Wilson ruin the image of the entire site.

LizardKing

Scholar
This looks very promising.
I checked out the old TotalHalibut interview and my jaw dropped when Sven Vincke talked about Divinity 2: Ego Draconis.
That kind of raw honesty is something you rarely hear from developers.
I'll start my Divinity 1 playthrough today and give a nice pledge to this project.

Gord

Arcane
Heh, stumbled onto this video about divinity 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Nq9_X68os

Didn't know you could go dragon on the DTPS after taking out the guy who hate the machine. Hehe. The initial melee system looked pretty sweet.

Huh? Really? I never thought you could do this simply due to the fact that turning into a dragon makes enemies on the ground dissapear everywhere else. So why would it be different in that case?
Hm, I wonder if I've got a save from that encounter left...

Ok, shameless self-quote.
I found an old save form just before the figth with the DTP.
Indeed, if you kill Markthum you can change into Dragon Form.
However, it's rather pointless, as targeting doesn't work. If I'm close enough, the DTP is visible, and they can fight/damage me, but I can barely scratch them, as I can't target them and at most hit them for low damage with the fire-breath AoE. Nice touch, but implementation is questionable.
Biggest advantage is using the dragon form to quickly fly away, heal and return into the fight.

Murk

Arcane
Gord

It seems like this possibility was left in simply as a fuck-you to the publisher.

The publisher didn't support them enough to make the full game with dragon-to-ground combat, so the only time you can use dragon-to-ground (and it's not fully implemented) is when you are specifically fighting DTP (dragon terror patrol) which is homonymous with their publisher (also DTP).

And to that I say:
:bro:

Looking at all that stuff tho... growing and more interacting battle tower, involved melee combat reminiscent of Gothic/Risen, gathering and training armies. Holy shit. If only /single tear

Breydel

Literate

I think they're going to be setting up a PayPal button once the original 400K funding goal is reached. That's KS policy. So, should be in a couple of days.

Who is Susan Wilson?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I think they're going to be setting up a PayPal button once the original 400K funding goal is reached. That's KS policy. So, should be in a couple of days.

Who is Susan Wilson?

That millionaire lady who wanted 900-odd dollars to send her girl to rpg camp, for the glory of feminism or something.
Basically, a kickstarter where someone asking for money had a face like this-
swilsonblackshirtmedium_zps93c5fefa.jpg

tl;dr: scam-shitstorm-femnazism and all that.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
<- sad :( its so slow :( i want this to get to 1 million!

Poke some famous youtube guys and poke more of the press!

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
tl;dr: scam-shitstorm-femnazism and all that.
Just report that crap on Kickstarter. If enough people do it, there is a chance Kickstarter will have to do something about it.

It's been reported so much they just quit responding.

5% of scam money is better than 5% of a project they force close for ToS violations.

Zep--

Jashiin

Arcane
Larian needs more carrots on sticks, like every 1000 backers adds "megadungeon level/more hats/fathom" Every 2000 likes on facebook adds more "secret shrines/hidden tombs/more types of cake to bake/sven has to show another bodypart" . That type of stuff encourages people to force popamole morons their friends to get a low tier.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Larian needs more carrots on sticks, like every 1000 backers adds "megadungeon level/more hats/fathom" Every 2000 likes on facebook adds more "secret shrines/hidden tombs/more types of cake to bake/sven has to show another bodypart" . That type of stuff encourages people to force popamole morons their friends to get a low tier.
For every 2.000 likes on FB the sheep get another faction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom