Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

As you all know by now, Divinity: Original Sin, Larian Studios' new RPG, was released today. According to its Kickstarter page, Original Sin began development at the end of 2010, but it was first unveiled to the public back in May 2012. For the longest time, it languished in relative obscurity, overshadowed by the hype of the "Kickstarter Revolution" and all the promises that came in its wake.

That began to change when Original Sin received its own Kickstarter campaign last year, and gradually the truth became obvious. Somehow, Larian, an obscure action-RPG developer from Belgium, had created what looks to be the richest, most full-featured turn-based CRPG we've seen in the last decade, if not more than that. And maybe, just maybe, a generation of Codexers raised on the style of games that were developed and published by Black Isle Studios in the late 1990s is realizing that RPGs can be more than just static environments and scripted interactions.

But that's enough blathering. On to the Kickstarter update:

Today is an extremely exciting day here at Larian. After years of developing a game we truly love, we get to release the full version of Divinity: Original Sin to both our amazing backers and to the rest of the gaming world.

It is at once thrilling and nerve-wracking; this vast world will now, for the first time, be explored in its entirety by the public. We can only hope you all have as much fun growing your Source Hunters and solving Rivellon's mysteries as we had developing them.

Without your support via Kickstarter and Early Access, this game would never have reached the level of polish and complexity present in its current form. Your contributions added a world of colour, secrets, enhancements, and depth to the game that has made this what we consider our best game to date.

Below, Swen explains just how grateful we are for your support:

Some changes regarding redeeming your key

In the past, we've said that launch will nullify your current Steam Early Access key and provide you with a new one for the full release of the game. This process has been amended and also applies to add-on versions of the game (i.e. for those of you who added a digital copy of the game to your original purchase).

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY D:OS ON STEAM, your Early Access code will remain active and you will be able to download the full version of the game using your current Early Access code.

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY D:OS ON GOG, log into your Larian Vault account and scroll down to "Your Rewards in Detail." Find the digital distribution icon and select "Change my digital distribution preference." Following these steps will cancel your Steam Early Access code and provide you with a key for GOG.

Redeeming your in-game rewards

To redeem your Kickstarter rewards in-game (e.g. personal dialog), go to your Larian Vault account and copy your Kickstarter reward code onto your clipboard. Then, fire up the game.

Click "Create a New Profile" and name your profile.

When the box for the Kickstarter backer code appears, click the little green button to the right of the entry field to paste your reward code from your clipboard.

Hit "Unlock" to claim your rewards, which will appear in-game.

Divinity: Original Sin is now available for the price of $40/€40 on Steam or directly from Larian, and it should be available on GOG soon as well. Buy it now, and reward Larian for their dedication and ambition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 7219

Now this has made the front page, what are the Codex goodies like? I saw we were mentioned in the opening slide.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Been playing the game this evening, seems completely awesome so far. I haven't seen much combat yet so it remains to see how much depth it actually has, but there's plenty of tactical options at least, so it seems promising.

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Streaming live with a COD player. So metal... Can't wait to hear his thoughts...

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I'm glad to see they finally made it. I hope it's every bit as good as it was planned. Swen, David, and the rest of Larian are very dedicated people and as I wrote in the preview, months ago, this was their chance to make the game they wanted to make, the way they wanted to make it.

imweasel

Havn't had time to play final game yet, but really looking foward to playing it tommorow night. :)

Proud to be a backer! Congrats Larian! :D

Pegultagol

Erudite
Congrats to Larian, and hope the wait was worth it. This was really a pleasant surprise for me, for not having kept any close watch over the title.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This is the code displayed in the Codex' Vault account:

If you create a profile in the game and it asks you for a Kickstarter backer code, please use the following unique, personal code. You can select this code and then copy it. You can paste it by clicking the small green button in the game next to the input box.

2c0fb066-f16a-42b3-bd9c-894ada7bd2ab

This will work in the release version only, not the beta version.​

I'm assuming it's the rpgcodex.net stuff. Someone try it and let me know (and I'm assuming multiple people can use this code, right?).

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
p.s. Code worked for me as well.

'Course now I have to start from scratch. I suppose the only fair way to solve this is having DarkUnderlord catch me back up by re-creating my chars and trudging back through to my current save point (and do a good job, please).

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
maybe, just maybe, a generation of Codexers raised on the style of games that were developed and published by Black Isle Studios in the late 1990s is realizing that RPGs can be more than just static environments and scripted interactions.
Ooh, edgy!

Turjan

Arcane
Yup, works. Has the code already been re-posted all over the net?

Edit: Let's see whether the game now addresses me as Dark Underlord.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
Well, with downloader, but I don't think that makes a difference to the question whether you can download the game.

2ME10tg.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom