Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you back up your save games?

Do you back up the save files of your favorite games?

• Yes, religiously. I even backup my backups.

• Yes, but I rely on cloud save services or other automatic backups for that.

• Only sometimes do I back up my saves, like for the best games.

• Almost never. If I lose them I lose them.

• Nope, not ever. I like to live on the edge!

Results are only viewable after voting.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Wasn't there a save creator for that?

Citizen

If the game is good then I would just start over, no big deal. If the game was shit but for some bizzare reason I kept playing it, then losing the saves is just another to drop it.

Pero_Gamechuck

Gamechuck
Developer
Had 100+ hours in The Witcher 3 before GOG got the cloud saves feature. I was sure I've backed the save somewhere before reinstalling the PC. Turned out I screwed up and deleted my save lol.

I replayed the game last year following a long break, finally finished it, and enjoyed every second of it.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Savegames tend to be very small so backing them up is like 5 seconds of work and 5 megabytes of storage required. Even if they end up collecting dust it doesn't matter.

doZMwD3.png

just in case i want to import saves into the mafia remake!
jXxPrSU.png

If there's some NG+ shit I might need it for, or if it's something like an RTS campaign or Thief game where I might just want to jump in and replay a particular mission directly and the game doesn't have a natural function for that.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Nah never backed up a save file. I save in multiple slots but that's the extent of my paranoia. I've actually never had save files corrupt on me in cRPGs. The only games I've had do that to me are the Sims 4 on ps4 and modded Fallout 4 on ps4. I might just stick to 1 save per character from now on. It's just never been necessary to have more in decades of gaming despite everyone and their dog telling me I need to. I can't even recall a time where I played myself into a corner and had to revert to an old save because of bad decisions. Am I just lucky or is the multiple saves thing just paranoia?

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I used to have 4 or 5 different installations of BG2, and some additional save folders from previous installations.

Waste of space. I mean, there was some rationalle behind it, but I never actually used it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom