Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you enjoy the 'Underrail' soundtrack? How about 'Neo Scavenger'? Or perhaps 'Ostranauts'?

Awakened_Yeti

Arcane
Developer
Hi - Im the composer for the above listed games, and I just released a new album! If you enjoy my music then you should check it out - Its inspired by vintage fantasy and sci-fi movie soundtracks, and you can even download it for free if you want!

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Hi - Im the composer for the above listed games, and I just released a new album! If you enjoy my music then you should check it out - Its inspired by vintage fantasy and sci-fi movie soundtracks, and you can even download it for free if you want!

You are Josh Culler?

Did Styg share some info about lore for Underrail (so you can compose)?
What was inspiration for Temple OST? And for Occulus OST? For main boss OST?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Awesome music for Underrail. Remarkable and very much to spirit of game (best in last 10 years).

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Caves music my favorite. Doesn’t bore you even after hours of listening and supports the atmosphere pretty good. It also provides some elements of soundscape which I think what could have been improved overall in the game.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Awakened_Yeti i need to revisit neo scavenger but the music on Underrail is indeed excellent.

Who are your musical inspirations for these type of tracks? I would think old Brian Eno, Aphex Twin, maybe even some Blockhead or DJ Shadow (although their influence isn’t really heard, just how your samples sound organic and not synthetic).

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Thanks, I'm listening to the album and I like it.

I love your work, the soundtracks of NEO Scavengers and Underrail are both excellent, bonus point for working on games which are overall great, and so are the tunes from Ostranauts (which I've not played) which were shared here.

Yosharian

Arcane

Can you provide a URL? The link you posted isn't appearing for me.

Mauman

Learned
I can't speak about the latter two, but the Underrail (especially the expansion's) OST is fucking grade A shit.

Just about every track is amazing (and I like I said, the expansion's is even better).

ciox

Liturgist
UR soundtrack is great and definitely worth a listen outside the game. I was always wondering if the guys could have you make a few more tracks for important areas in Underrail that reuse music, like Rail Crossing which uses the theme of Southgate Station, and Camp Hathor which uses the caves theme, but it may be too late for that since Underrail Infusion is kicking into gear, ah well.

Ivan

Arcane
can't say I recall a single track from Underrail. maybe this speaks to it being more of an ambient score than one that was meant to stand out. Then again, many of my fav tracks excel at both from the original Fallout games (The Hub, Shady Sands, The Glow, Metal Monks etc)

jackofshadows

Magister
Haven't played Ostranauts yet but both Underrail and Neo Scavenger soundtracks are absolutely top-notch.

Fav theme tracks

and specifically

^ this track is absolutely amazing as it captures all that matters about Lemuria.

What's your music background I wonder?

Mauman

Learned
God I love Lemuria outside. It has a beautiful sense of mystery and melancholy.

This is another one of my favorites, and why I specified the base soundtrack is great as well.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom