Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Do you even play new RPGs anymore?

Are you an RPG GaM3r?

• Yeah I'm into Fallout 3, DIVOS, Pillars, BG3 and dirty underwear

• No

• KC

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I told you codex faggots that Underrail was for autists. Now I got proof! No offense, Joona!

Underrail is for autists and people with extremely bad taste in CRPGs. Though i highly doubt that most of those who pretend to like it on this forum actually play it much.

You really want to keep your tags, don't you?

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Who cares about AAA RPGs anyway? Gimme more cleverly designed indies please

The vast majority of the gaming population cares about AAA RPGs. They are the only ones that matter. Openworld, immersion, choices, voiced dialogue, are things that matter in a role playing game in 2020. Indies are for ludites and people with old Pentium MMX hardware.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Who cares about AAA RPGs anyway? Gimme more cleverly designed indies please

The vast majority of the gaming population cares about AAA RPGs. They are the only ones that matter. Openworld, immersion, choices, voiced dialogue, are things that matter in a role playing game in 2020. Indies are for ludites and people with old Pentium MMX hardware.

Which should tell you something because nobody's making AAA RPGs anymore (possible exception for Cyberpunk if you consider that a rpg, and whatever Microsoft gives money to). The only contenders now are BioWare and Bethseda, and both are years and years away from putting out another game.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
According to metacritic the best RPG of 2019 was Disco Elysium. The worst was... Anthem.

RPG.

:hmmm:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I told you codex faggots that Underrail was for autists. Now I got proof! No offense, Joona!

Underrail is for autists and people with extremely bad taste in CRPGs. Though i highly doubt that most of those who pretend to like it on this forum actually play it much.

Nah, since it became clear without a shadow of doubt that TemplarGR is trolling I'd propose to take away his tags, it would a punishment in his case. A punishment not for trolling (who on Codex doesn't do it at least from time to time) but for being a ludicrously monothematic and boring troll.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Paraphrasing another post I saw a couple of days ago: There have been so many and so vastly different RPGs released in the last years, if you can't find anything worth playing among them, the problem is not the games but it's you.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Nah, since it became clear without a shadow of doubt that TemplarGR is trolling I'd propose to take away his tags, it would a punishment in his case. A punishment not for trolling (who on Codex doesn't do it at least from time to time) but for being a ludicrously monothematic and boring troll.
A good proposal. I think he just feels threatened by these newer, hungrier, and more agile trolls (whom I won't mention). These are just the last few struggles before the inevitable oblivion for him.
Sad. Many such cases. But it's the evolution, baby.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
All RPGs i play these days are bitch weak japanese waifu things or pokemon
Last time I bothered with a western title was twitcher 3 and pillows 2 before that
This is why your kids fornicate, because you project weakness and faggotry.

Fargus

Arcane
I've mostly replayed some old games like Gothic, NV and Deus Ex, but from more or less new ones: Kingdom Come Deliverance, Underrail, that hipster commie shit trash Disco Elysium. The only rpg i haven't played but want to try is Pathfinder.

japanese waifu things

Not a bad thing desu.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom