Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you prefer kingmaker or DOS2?

Saxon1974

Prophet
Curious what most of the codex prefer of these two games? Only played a little of each so far.

Syme

Arbiter
Kangmaker.

DOS2 armor system ruined combat for me until mods fixed it. Also, the writing is crap and there is zero sense of scale and distance. Just a huge, densely packed map with tiny biomes, quest hubs, and bad guys going about their business within shouting distance of the city gates like it's a fucking MMORPG.

Funposter

Arcane
I thought D:OS2 was awesome on my first playthrough, and then I immediately became sick of it upon trying to replay it. I could play through Kingmaker over and over again, on the other hand.

thesecret1

Arcane
I hated DOS2 (the combat system is incredibly terrible and the writing nosedives after a certain point), so Kingmaker.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Haven’t played DOS, so Kingmaker.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom