Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Dominions 4 Codex Noober PBEM

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Soon...

Ursula-Little-Mermaid-disney-villains-1024509_720_480.jpg

Cool, I need to do refresher though, haven't touch this game in like year or whatever, not that I was ever any good at it. Don't hold it up for me but if I'll manage to get my strategy roughly planned on time I'd want to take Bandar.

Norfleet

What's this I hear about the game being a DRM shitfest now? I haven't been in the Dominions series since 2, where I terrorized the shit out of the place and pretty much everything they changed in 3 was aimed at me.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
What's this I hear about the game being a DRM shitfest now? I haven't been in the Dominions series since 2, where I terrorized the shit out of the place and pretty much everything they changed in 3 was aimed at me.

Dunno what you're talking about. Digital Rights Management? It's just plain standard Steam. You may also get it on Desura.

Norfleet

Haha, yeah, that. I actually have no idea how that happened, apparently while I was shuffling resources around, I blew out a register. Game wasn't nearly as polished back then. Next turn I my resources were a complete scramble. Naturally, if anything calamitous or not befalls you, you shut up about it, lest it reveal some kind of weakness to your enemies, since the rule was that the show must go on. Good stuff, though.

Dunno what you're talking about. Digital Rights Management? It's just plain standard Steam. You may also get it on Desura.
Eww, Steam. Not touching that spyware. What's this Desura thing?

Last edited:

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Haha, yeah, that. I actually have no idea how that happened, apparently while I was shuffling resources around, I blew out a register. Game wasn't nearly as polished back then. Next turn I my resources were a complete scramble. Naturally, if anything calamitous or not befalls you, you shut up about it, lest it reveal some kind of weakness to your enemies, since the rule was that the show must go on. Good stuff, though.

Eww, Steam. Not touching that spyware. What's this Desura thing?

Steam for hipsters. You would not have heard of it.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
So, also-spyware, or not-spyware?

It was originally sold on Desura, and you can still buy it there. It is usually cheaper to get it on Steam sales, but if you're that principled...

You can also grab it elsewhere, but then no pbem for you. Playing any kind of mp with pirated version is next-to-impossible.

Dayyālu

Arcane
It was originally sold on Desura, and you can still buy it there. It is usually cheaper to get it on Steam sales, but if you're that principled...

Calling a unrepentant cheater *principled* :lol:

So, also-spyware, or not-spyware?

You can buy it on Gamersgate also, methinks it works with direct download:

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DOM4TA/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascension

Plus the CD-Key works also on Steam, and funnily enough Dom4 and CoE3 lack "proper" Steam integration. The last time I checked you could start them without the Steam overlay.

Then, shitty jokes aside, it would be interesting to see a veteran of Dom2 joining our little Noob-fests.

Norfleet

Calling a unrepentant cheater *principled* :lol:
Bah, I never CHEAT. I merely exploited the hell out of things! Exploiting is a perfectly legitimate of the game code! Oddly enough, that particular case happened without me doing anything at all, I was just like "What the fuck...".

Plus the CD-Key works also on Steam, and funnily enough Dom4 and CoE3 lack "proper" Steam integration. The last time I checked you could start them without the Steam overlay.
I like what I hear so far, no Steam shite on my computers, but $35 is an awfully outlandish pricetag. Is this a physical box that I have to receive? I cannot accept physical items from the Internet for security reasons.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I like what I hear so far, no Steam shite on my computers, but $35 is an awfully outlandish pricetag. Is this a physical box that I have to receive? I cannot accept physical items from the Internet for security reasons.

Last post I'll waste on this. You can directly download without clients both from Desura and Gamersgate. I don't even think that a physical copy of Dom4 even exists anymore.

http://www.desura.com/games/dominio...orum/thread/dominions-4-troubleshooting-guide

(Under the section: "Downloading without a Desura client")

At 28 € it's kinda expensive, but always better than the 50 or so pricetag Dom3 had. Steam has often sales, the others rarely. I got my key from Desura for 15 € a while back.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What a glories turn it was for ulm many buttons was pressed and many plans where made.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom