Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 - Grim Antiquity

Mraston

Learned
OK, game settings (put into OP too):

Magic Sites - 0
Indies - 8
Resource, supply and gold: 50%
Research: Very difficult.
Score Graphs - On
Hall Of Fame - 10

Grimwulf do you need any more info for me regarding the map? You cool to send it through and I'll get to hosting.

Re: Pretenders, Try and do everything with a RP focus rather than a whatever wins me the game focus. You are free to interpret your nations RP as you will.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Grimwulf do you need any more info for me regarding the map? You cool to send it through and I'll get to hosting.

You can do it in game setting, actually. When you will host the game on llamaserver, set "Special site frequency" somewhere between 0 (no magic sites at all) to 10-15 (almost none magic sites, but you can probably find some in swamps, deserts and such).

Errr, so you changed your mind? No need for custom defenders? If so, here is the script:

https://d.maxfile.ro/ykmcdffqce.rar

Extract in your "maps" folder. You need original map image (link in your op-post).

Or do you want me to send the script to llama too? Ok, just did it. It's currently on the bottom of the map list, named Uropia (Grim Antiquity edition).

Johannes

Arcane
So, with mag. sites 0 blood hunting is virtually impossible?
Probably not, I don't think the formula works on a 1:1 basis, it's just a negative modifier even at zero. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

OK, game settings (put into OP too):

Magic Sites - 0
Indies - 8
Resource, supply and gold: 50%
Research: Very difficult.
Score Graphs - On
Hall Of Fame - 10

Re: Pretenders, Try and do everything with a RP focus rather than a whatever wins me the game focus. You are free to interpret your nations RP as you will.
:neveraskedforthis:

50% gold / resources? I thought this was supposed to be a low magic game, not a sacred rush / turmoil-luck / awake expander game (which also comes to the last point too - I always play to win, my people don't deserve a shit pretender). Sorry but I'm out.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
50% gold / resources? I thought this was supposed to be a low magic game, not a sacred rush / turmoil-luck / awake expander game (which also comes to the last point too - I always play to win, my people don't deserve a shit pretender). Sorry but I'm out.
I am even considering D1-2. :lol: But yes, Mraston if you cut income in half and double indy strength and with no way to get ground in magics any fast, awake expander will be a must. I'd say either go speedy research with half income or double income with half research but not both on low.

Dayyālu

Arcane

Be it so. As Decline2 seemingly died, sign me up as a sub for Arco, as no one wants to give me sweet, sweet Therodos and its mostly unplayable line-up.

:negative:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Did a mini-test. Blood hunted in 10k population farm with 0 magic settings. The hunter was B1, hunted for 10 consequitive turns, with heavy patrols and stuff. Results:

0 - 0 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 4

11 slaves after 10 turns. Wow.

I take back everything I said about Berytos being a powerful nation. Without magical research and blood, Berytos has the worst recruitable troops among all EA surface nations. I have no fucking clue how to play it now.

I'm still in, though.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Did a mini-test. Blood hunted in 10k population farm with 0 magic settings. The hunter was B1, hunted for 10 consequitive turns, with heavy patrols and stuff. Results:

0 - 0 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 4

11 slaves after 10 turns. Wow.

I take back everything I said about Berytos being a powerful nation. Without magical research and blood, Berytos has the worst recruitable troops among all EA surface nations. I have no fucking clue how to play it now.

I'm still in, though.
Well they still have elephants and length 5 weapon dudes with shields.

Johannes

Arcane
Tried hunting with a B3 with 0 sitefreq, that captured slaves more often than not. Of course it's gonna be a long time before const-4 for those rods.

Mraston

Learned
Game created: http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=GrimAnt
It's called GrimAnt because llamaserver wouldn't allow Grim Antiquity

antnew.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Anybody wants to exchange nations? I offer you BERYTOS. Feel the joy of starting with three provinces in your cap-ring; two of them are deserts. Experience the struggle of playing around with worst lineup in EA. Get rushed&crushed by Machaka which starts right next to you!

mbxtycxmsr.jpg

Mraston, my man, I didn't really check the start positions when I placed them (just blindly did what you asked me to do), but you gotta know that they are broken. Berytos is objectively the weakest nation in your settings, and it gets the worst start too. All other nations begin with 4-6 provinces connected (and not shitty deserts, mind you). And no other nation starts as close as Berytos-Machaka.

I'll play in any case, since I'm secretely masochistic. But Bery has no chance to survive early game, no matter who or how will play it.

I will even accept Marverni. Yes, I'm that desperate. raw

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom