Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Dominions 4 NatGen

Discussion in 'MP Gaming' started by JohnTheRevelator, Jun 22, 2015.

1. JohnTheRevelator Arcane

JohnTheRevelator
    Just gauging interest. Would people be interested in lol random game using nation generator? No serious business. Pretty long turn times. We could generate like 3x more nations than players so people don't end up with some completely unplayable shit. Then roll for nation picking initiative and just go with it. If we end up with mix of new players and vets we can have vets pick after noobs are done. I would prefer smaller sub 10 players game.

Players and their picks:
    1. thesheeep - Csi'sis, Vampiric Time
    2. Dayyalu - Assviikos, Volcano of Thunder
    3. KoolNoodles - Akviia, Hollows of Lava
    4. Muty - Midase, Time of the Sinuous Mages
    5. JohnTheRevelator - Litium, Triumph of the Mages of the Battle
    6. raw - Hessium, Gate of Molten Metals
    7. hoverdog - Vathgylphale, Circle of the Druids of Bloodstone

Game page: http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=CodexNatGen

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    ^ Top  
  2. Dayyālu Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Dayyālu
    It's completely stupid, unbalanced and it kills off the beautiful lore of Dominions.

So yeah, I'm almost in. Let's see if people are interested, as it would be a rather lolrandom game.

^ Top  
  3. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    I like role-playing my people..... :(

^ Top  
  4. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Lol, if this ever comes to life, count me in.

This just makes roleplaying them harder and more challenging!

^ Top  
  5. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Any more takers? We could even just do a small game with 5-6 peeps to try it out.

^ Top  
  6. raw Arcane Patron

raw
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    sign me up

^ Top  
  7. JohnTheRevelator Arcane

JohnTheRevelator
    We got 5 so far. 1 person more and I'll generate mod with 18 nations and upload it somewhere so everyone can take good look at available choices. We should start the game somewhere this week I think.

^ Top  
  8. Muty Prophet Patron

Muty
    Wasteland 2 BattleTech
    I would try it just for shits

^ Top  
  9. JohnTheRevelator Arcane

JohnTheRevelator
    http://www.filedropper.com/codex

There we go. Surprisingly tame result. My favourite lol wut unit is Midase Star Marksman, sacred archer armed with broadsword and decent armor ... that when wounded changes shape into giant toad. Sadly no mages shapeshifting into devils.

^ Top  
  10. Dayyālu Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Dayyālu
    This will be kind of a "just for fun" game, right? I can't afford to make a serious attempt. I'll play, but do not expect too much focus on this.

There is something hilarious in Hoburg Power Armour, though. We will go on random choice or for a selection? I would prefer random, despite the fact that some stuff is broken. I can't test and check every one...

^ Top  
  11. JohnTheRevelator Arcane

JohnTheRevelator
    As I stated in op this isn't serious business.

I'd rather not have random assignment. If majority wants it then of course we can do it but the point was to have more nations than we need so we can pick out the more interesting stuff generator threw up so no one is stuck playing some complete crap.

^ Top  
  12. Dayyālu Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Dayyālu
    After a quick check, most of 'em are a mess, but my eye was drawn towards Assviikos. Those mages are nice (they lack stock chaff mages though), and I always wanted to try some lizards that were not C'tissians. Atlantean nations are all shit, sadly.

Also I've found Raqote, Midase and Elmailostri interesting. But there is a lot around, too much Blood and Air surely :lol:

As far as Sacreds goes, I've wasted a 'lil of time checking them (not worthy doing that to all troops). The most notables are:

- The aforementioned Star Marksmen of Midase, with broad swords and second shape in a Giant Toad. Good for human troops.
    - The Fire Paladins of Raqote are chaff killers, with Fire Shield and Size3. Tragically they are Cap-only.
    - Flower Eidolons of Assviikos are very nice. If they had a Magic Weapon they would be some kind of ultimate sacred or something. A pity they're cap-only.
    - Cathope has those glamoured human stealth troops, I can imagine several uses for 'em.
    - HOBURG MAGICAL POWER ARMOUR with Haburg's Divine Wardens, at the cheap price of 50 Gold and 50 resources you get something that can barely fight a Spearman. What the heck.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    ^ Top  
  13. JohnTheRevelator Arcane

JohnTheRevelator
    Can I get confirmations so we can determine picking order?

^ Top  
  14. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm fine with those.
    Without having looked at 'em, but hey that's why we are doing this, right? :D

"Tower Of Passion" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    ^ Top  
  15. hoverdog dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive Developer

hoverdog
    Project: Eternity
    I want to play too :(

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Lizards riding on crocodiles, Atlanteans throwing rotten fish. I love this already :D
    So, when do we start?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    ^ Top  
  17. JohnTheRevelator Arcane

JohnTheRevelator
    Oh I guess we have 6 people.

If someone on the list doesn't actually want to play feel free to hand over your spot to hoverdog.

^ Top  
  18. JohnTheRevelator Arcane

JohnTheRevelator
    ^ Top  
  19. raw Arcane Patron

raw
    I'll take hessium for obvious resons.

^ Top  
  20. JohnTheRevelator Arcane

JohnTheRevelator
    Unfortunately you're last to pick. Thanks for suggestion btw.

^ Top  
  21. raw Arcane Patron

raw
    Not so random then.

^ Top  
  22. JohnTheRevelator Arcane

JohnTheRevelator
    What? You want me to record myself drawing lots like DU?

^ Top  
  23. hoverdog dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive Developer

hoverdog
    Project: Eternity
    Yes, please do that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Well, I think that was a misunderstanding.
    You determined the order randomly (what you meant), but the order itself is not random (what raw figured).

Gimme an hour or two to decide. Did not look at all races so far.

^ Top  
  25. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Alright, I pick Csi'sis!
    May the glorious crocodile riding commence!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.