Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 NatGen

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Unexpected.
ypuLXJg.jpg

Majestic.
bNMOmrs.jpg

Enlightening.
jASNt7W.jpg

Go, lizards!

If you need more time to think I can move you to the end of line. I'm sure Muty can't wait to get his pick.

I would also like to remind you there is always hoverdog option.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've got a better idea, actually.

Why don't you let everyone (except those who picked already, naturally) send you a PM with the nation they picked?
If there are double (or more) picks, the order determines the winner.
If not, all the better. And it will get things resolved faster.

Also, why not let hoverdog in, anyway? Nothing wrong with 7 players.

Well I didn't expect it to take this long. I don't see problem with people sending me their picks (hoverdog included). Ultimately it might not help much but whatever, it won't hurt.

We could make it 7 players (since it's just a test run I wanted to keep it as small as possible so it doesn't drag like Decline 2, well I guess 1 player won't make all that much difference), we may want slightly bigger map though, suggestions are welcomed. I have a suspicion it won't be needed though. KoolNoodles had whole day to do his pick and it's not like he was too busy to post on codex. I'll give him time until tomorrow and if he doesn't turn up we'll just go without him. Would be nice if he at least dropped by and communicated he's considering his choices or whatever.

If we end up with 7 players where do we put hoverdog in the order though? We already started picking so it won't be fair to those who already got their picks to start from scratch, on the other hand just putting hoverdog in last place isn't fair to him. I guess since I wasn't planning on tryharding anyway and since I doubt someone will snatch my preferred pick I could give him my spot and just go to last place myself.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Well I didn't expect it to take this long. I don't see problem with people sending me their picks (hoverdog included). Ultimately it might not help much but whatever, it won't hurt.

We could make it 7 players (since it's just a test run I wanted to keep it as small as possible so it doesn't drag like Decline 2, well I guess 1 player won't make all that much difference), we may want slightly bigger map though, suggestions are welcomed. I have a suspicion it won't be needed though. KoolNoodles had whole day to do his pick and it's not like he was too busy to post on codex. I'll give him time until tomorrow and if he doesn't turn up we'll just go without him. Would be nice if he at least dropped by and communicated he's considering his choices or whatever.

If we end up with 7 players where do we put hoverdog in the order though? We already started picking so it won't be fair to those who already got their picks to start from scratch, on the other hand just putting hoverdog in last place isn't fair to him. I guess since I wasn't planning on tryharding anyway and since I doubt someone will snatch my preferred pick I could give him my spot and just go to last place myself.
I don't mind picking the last. The whole game is just for shits and giggles, after all. It's not like I'll be scrutinizing the nations' power capabilities, I'm going with the weirdest shit.

As for the map, I'd say Parganos, but I had enough of that damned map. Maybe The Desert Eye?

also, is there a way to preview all the units generated, or do I have to create a game with every nation set to human?

Dayyālu

Arcane
also, is there a way to preview all the units generated, or do I have to create a game with every nation set to human?

I did that, it's not that difficult. And we are not playing for MAXIMUM OPTIMIZATION, so pick what you seem to like.

Avoid Haburg, though. They are truly shit.

About the map, we can safely ignore UW and go for something with around 100 provinces. 15 x 7= 105. Maybe we can do it even a tad smaller for faster match, or take less Thrones.

raw then riddle me this, why didn't he say so? As I said he posted today on the dex, it was physically possible. I if he can't be bothered to write he'd like the game and his pick postponed till monday I'm going to assume he simply isn't interested in playing. Anyway I'll wait till tomorrow. Maybe he'll show up.

You can load it in dom4inspector. It lets you spot some funny things like units turning into fire elementals when they die and such.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
raw then riddle me this, why didn't he say so? As I said he posted today on the dex, it was physically possible. I if he can't be bothered to write he'd like the game and his pick postponed till monday I'm going to assume he simply isn't interested in playing. Anyway I'll wait till tomorrow. Maybe he'll show up.

I often shitpost on the dex aswell, without advancing any dom4 games. Sometimes people just have their minds on something else. Look at it this way: Dom4 requires mental effort and a specified amount of time where you can sort stuff out. Shitposting is just zero effort leisure/bridge time.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I just didn't really look at them all and thought we'd be doing random to be honest. I don't have any preferences. I'll be aroind just busier than normal. Like I can be on here and post, but that's easy on the go.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Well yeah, unless someone wants to just pick one that isn't horrible, to get it going.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
You can take a look at the units here (click "load mods" and load the .dm file of the mod):
http://larzm42.github.io/

But I still played all of them at least once to see how battles go.
Also, lizards riding on crocodiles, I mean, come on, that is a sure pick right there.

And why is almost every scout an assassin?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah I won't be at a real computer for a while. Lizards on crocs sounds good though. :)

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
I'm afraid both nations with that are already gone, though ;)
But there are others with riders on cool stuff.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Well ok, I'll take Akviia, Hollows of Lava. Fire and Death.

Also I don't seem to get updates on this thread like I do with some others so maybe that's why I didn't notice all the chit chat earlier.

Let me guess. Alerts are not working. I'll try PM then. I changed map for Desert Eye. Feel free to suggest other maps.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
No sorry, I wasn't home yesterday. Give me a sec to have a look at the nations

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I'll take midase

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom