Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 PBEM Manager *new stuff*

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Sup guys,

So I was bored and decided to write a small tool that manages dom4 turns. Going through 4-5 games, downloading the turns and then sending them every day can get old quite fast. Also I can't miss the oportuninty to waste a few hours in order to save a few minutes. Anyway it should be more or less self explanatory how to use it, but if you need help with anything feel free to post here.

Here is a glorious screenshot:

vMXYR2Y.png

Download links

Windows:
Link

Jar for OSX/Linux:
Link

Source:
Link

It needs Java 8, since I wanted to play around with the new javafx, but the exe should detect this and send you over to the oracle site to download it if you don't have it. If you are really lazy or don't feel like downloading and installing it for any reson I can post an oversized exe with the jre embedded in it. I also posted the souce if you have any interest in waddling in my ugly code.

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the workshop. I guess here is as good a place as any.\

Changelog:

v0.5.1
-Fix bugs in Preferences screen

v0.5
-Small bugfixes

v0.4
-Better error handling
-Multithreading
-Progress bar
-Google oauth2 support

v0.3
-Option to download all turns for a game
-Another table with all available turns for the selected game
-A separate button to start Dom4 without loading a game(handy for modded games).
-Some more error messages that I missed before.

v0.2
-Added option to launch and load selected game
-Fixed an issue with automatic game refreshes

Last edited:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Always wanted to do something like this, glad someone not lazy as fuck did it.

Feature idea: archiving of old turns. and that single-click launch for them too.

"Bastard Agartha is attacking me next turn with his pretender! I wonder how it's geared... Oh, right! I think he fought some of my PD three turns ago, let's review that fight."

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Hmm that shouldn't be too hard to do. I'll see what I can do.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I like Misfits!

Old turn archiving would be amazing, I want to do a nice AAR of Decline 3 with some screenshots and all, but I'm way too lazy to go through the turns manually.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Sounds like a great idea yea, gonna see what I can do about it tomorrow.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I just couldn't figure out a reason to make it ask for your codex login so far.

mondblut

Arcane
Download links

Windows:
https://github.com/etheralm/dom4pbem/releases/download/v0.2/dom4pbem.exe

Changelog:

v0.2

-Added option to launch and load selected game
-Fixed an issue with automatic game refreshes

You might want to fix the clickable link itself to 0.2

Also, receiving turns doesn't seem to work for me. I had the "folder" set to the same as the folder my mailbox filters llama mail to. The port etc should be fine as well. There are no errors or something, it just doesn't download a new turn from the mailbox, as if there were none to grab.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
You might want to fix the clickable link itself to 0.2
Thanks, fixed. I cannot into bb codes.
Also, receiving turns doesn't seem to work for me. I had the "folder" set to the same as the folder my mailbox filters llama mail to. The port etc should be fine as well. There are no errors or something, it just doesn't download a new turn from the mailbox, as if there were none to grab.

When you add the game, does it show up in the list with the correct status and turn?
If there was a problem with the connection you should've gotten an error, so this must be something else.
Are you using gmail or something else?

mondblut

Arcane
When you add the game, does it show up in the list with the correct status and turn?

Yes, but I supposed it reads them from savegame folder? I don't remember it ever adding a new game automatically by refresh or something, only after I have created a save folder and put a manually downloaded trn in there.

Status is always "new turn", never saw anything else.

Are you using gmail or something else?

mail.ru

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Actually when it finds the game name in you inbox it should create the savegame folder for the game automatically and then download the attachment in it. Give me a sec to register an account there and to test it.

edit: Clarification, what I meant is, when you click add game, it searches you mail inbox for mails with subjects that contain the game name coming from turns@llamaserver.net, if it doesn't find any it should show an error.

Last edited:

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Ok just tested it with mail.ru. It works for me, but I think I found what the issue is.

I just realized that it doesn't show an error message when it tries to create the savegame folder and fails.

Can you please verify that you entered the correct path to the dominions savegame folder in the preferences. That would be something like "C:\Users\mondblut\AppData\Roaming\Dominions4\savedgames"

In the meantime I'll add the proper error message for this situation.

edit: or just use the select button next to it to select it.

mondblut

Arcane
Can you please verify that you entered the correct path to the dominions savegame folder in the preferences. That would be something like "C:\Users\mondblut\AppData\Roaming\Dominions4\savedgames"

I have slash at the end, maybe that's why it fails?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom