Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 PBEM - Season 6 - Hooligan Onslaught - [ DRILLING IN ]

Dayyālu

Arcane
Mictlan gets axed. Atlanteans have been purged from this world.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
LA Xibalba is the strongest Xibalba of all three. I would argue it's the best LA nation, but each to its own.

And yeah, you r the first person on my memory to ever call LA Mic a weak nation.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
LA Xibalba is the strongest Xibalba of all three. I would argue it's the best LA nation, but each to its own.

And yeah, you r the first person on my memory to ever call LA Mic a weak nation.

LA Xibalba cant even summon Ozelotls without a 1/40 random. How would you deal with heavy infantry thats so abundant in LA? Not to mention the main asset Mictlan and Xibalba have - blood - is also very common in LA.

And their mages are just pathetic. Other than maybe the big toads.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Now this is MINUTAE thread!

LA Xibalba cant even summon Ozelotls without a 1/40 random. How would you deal with heavy infantry thats so abundant in LA?

The same way I dealt with them in EA: Sacred Scorpions, and a tiny bit of Jaguars. EA Xib doesn't have guaranteed B+F casters too, so what? Ozelotls are not something you need early on when you play Xibalba.

Not to mention the main asset Mictlan and Xibalba have - blood - is also very common in LA.

Can't see your point. Bogarus has access to heavy blood, so what? No bloodsac ability, no national blood summons - nothing. Access to blood doesn't mean you have to play blood-centric strategy.

And their mages are just pathetic.

Top kek. B1N2 flying shapeshifter recruitable in any forest with lab - pathetic? Okaaay.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Ya'll want to take this debate elsewhere? Team 2 up to bat. No wait, Team 1 as Team 2....what? Oof.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Caelum and Midgard.

And now waiting for the inevitable Malakal Professional Opinion (TM).

Midgard is, in my opinion, top 3 contender so I approve. Caelum kinda sucks in LA but their summons are definitely great and in team games offer good gem pooling potential. Not worth picking this soon but you obviously have a cold strat in mind. But then why not Utgard?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Have you played Caelum since their latest patch improvements?

Caelum went from shit tier (Dom3 LA Caelum was barely working) to a very good nation. Just check their troops, they have some nasty critters in there. Of course also a ton of weaknesses, but they are far better than their past incarnations.

Utgard is nice, but not exactly in the line-up of our choices. Giants are rather obsolete in LA, and we are going for a different overall strategy.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Next time maybe only one ban phase, hate "having" to ban fun nations. We'll ban Bogarus. R.I.P. Bukavac.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Tally so far

Bans
Xibalba
Mictlan
Pangaea
Marignon
Atlantis
Ulm
Gath
Bogarus

Team 1:
Agartha
Caelum
Midgard

Team 2:
Ragha
Utgard

c/d

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom