Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 PBEM - Season 7 - Summer Salsa [ 9 PEOPLE WAITING ON MUTY ]

KoolNoodles

Arcane
All according to plan. :smug:

mondblut

Arcane
1334300585863_628405.png

:yeah:

Zibniyat

Arcane
So, KoolNoodles ... What now? I'm fine with proceeding with our *deal* by which you'd give me access to your level 3 throne... so I can claim the victory. But then again, there are so many AIs to subjugate that I'm in no hurry to do it. Unless you insist, of course.

KoolNoodles

Arcane

Meaning if you have a way to get to the Lvl3 throne that is underwater, my troops will go on vacation. If not, I can take the Agartha throne in two turns, and Stygian Paths/Faery Trod to the Caelum and Arco thrones.

If you want to fight the race to the thrones and make a game of it, that could be interesting.

Problem is, my Pretender and Prophet are currently dead. :lol:

Zibniyat

Arcane
Caelum has no throne, and Arco's is mine... and it will remain so till the end. Also, that "Caelum's" throne I am about to get this turn, and claim on the following, and then... fortify myself there.

We could race I guess... I predict Agarthan throne to be hotly contested in that case. I'm 4 turns away from it though...

Edit: I can do Stygian Paths, in a few turns will be able to do the Faery Trod, plus I've just obtained the Flying Ship this turn.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Oh ok, yeah my scouting is....limited, over there. I was just looking at unclaimed ones I could theoretically get to. Well then, claim those and I'll see you at the Throne of Water(Agartha's in the caves).

Zibniyat

Arcane
Well then, I shall bring all the best I can get, including the newest additions to my army - things just released from Tartarian prison.

Zibniyat

Arcane
I thought I'd do this sooner, but I'm too lazy it seems. I'll show you the map, amateurishly edited by me, with more or less assumed (I couldn't bother to mark the borders for the largest of them, like Caelum and Oceania) representation of each nation's current territory... except for Ulm which is more like for a time of some 4-5 turns ago...

In the meantime, Arco's territory has been halved, by me, so Italy, half of Balkans, 2/3 of Asia Minor and all the provinces that seamlessly connect them are mine. As well as Black Sea.

Oceania has the majority of cave provinces (formerly TNN's mostly).

Caelum is huge as well. Caelum basically conquered almost all of Lanka, Agartha, Berytos (who had Middle East and Africa; btw Africa was a home of KoolNoodles' Machaka who got roflstomped by Berytos) and some of Ulm's (two, as a condition for a peace treaty) and Oceania's provinces.

TNN has been reduced to several provinces nobody cares about. Same with Agartha and Lanka.

Xibalba and Machaka are dead and have no provinces. Machaka died during the first 20 turns (?), being conquered by Berytos. And Xibalba was reduced to few provinces by TNN, and later completely subjugated by Oceania.

Basically, Oceania and Ulm are the only non-AIs remaining.

Red sprayed locations = not Ulm (can be indie or anything else).

vhw2lu.jpg

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Since this is about to mercifully end, here is most of Oceania, minus some outlier weird ass shit provinces that I "teleported" to. Pretty sure TNN is about to be domkilled. Having the Throne of the Pantokrator, 10 dominion, and 45 temples(which are cheap for Oceania), has been an interesting strategy to play around with.
GdBR2BW.jpg

And here's my gem income, it's kind of ridiculous(I think).

With a big underwater turf, Oceania(or another water nation) can really rake in the gems. Unfortunately summons don't win wars. Their basic troops are a little mediocre in practice. I started blood hunting recently with non blood mages, to empower a Pan. That is how....uh, bored....I got.
MW5smro.jpg

The Three Amigos:

NNFgkv6.jpg

Zibniyat

Arcane
And here's my gem income, it's kind of ridiculous(I think).

With a big underwater turf, Oceania(or another water nation) can really rake in the gems. Unfortunately summons don't win wars. Their basic troops are a little mediocre in practice. I started blood hunting recently with non blood mages, to empower a Pan. That is how....uh, bored....I got.
MW5smro.jpg

Diligent site-searching pays off (and a W and F global; KoolNoodles has N global):

2cf8ww2.jpg

Zibniyat

Arcane
It is done.

The game started at 13th of September, 2015. Some six months later, I have claimed the last necessary throne in order for my Pretender of Ulm to ascend to Godhood.

OWynCbh.jpg

Out of 10 initial players, 8 have at one point chosen to switch their nations to AI, no matter how good their prior position was, and for some it was very good (similar to mine). Boredom I guess... Only me (Ulm) and KoolNoodles (first Machaka, then Oceania) had the will to persevere, and so it was this last, 82nd turn that saw the defeat of Oceania via Throne Victory.

0FkMliU.jpg

Even though I'd started my research rather late, I still managed to go through almost everything there is, which obviously this late in the game wasn't even that important any more.

h1FIkAe.jpg

Graphs...

Provinces:
vZpCx2E.jpg

Income (revenue 12596/month, upkeep 6704/month):
TFvNAc1.jpg

Gem income:
0hlEhak.jpg
hqwWlFX.jpg

Army size:
AQus3Ia.jpg

Research:
UiL9Ggl.jpg

Dominion:
AZXGNGK.jpg

Forts:
O3dNUbg.jpg

The map, Atha Avin has 316 land and 92 water provinces, of which, by the end of this game, I had circa 139 land and 35 water provinces... that is, close to half of the world.

It has been an interesting experience, and lots of things have happened... mostly people giving up in boredom or due to frustration. Myself... the moment raw chose this map I knew it shall end, if we take out bugs and similar technical issues that can prematurely end a game, by one of 3 ways:

- everyone gives up or
- a compromise is made to choose a victor or victors or...
- I win. :troll:

So, at that moment, I chose the third option. Later on, it was "only" a matter of diligence, perseverance and non-aggression unless necessary. Hence why my first wars started at 40-somethingth turn... well into the middle game. For which, also, I've chosen a bless strategy, knowing that on this map, sooner or later, income shan't really be a problem.

Now, for my thanks and stuff... I feel the need to express my gratitude and thanks to the following people:

raw for preparing the game of course, introducing the trolling "Jester", attacking Caelum (my main opponent throughout the game) and hence slowing them down...

Dreaad for sticking to the non-aggression agreement till the very end (such Honour!)... and the end came when I invaded his Arcoscephale heh... That was my first act of aggression towards a non-AI and a second one overall, and one which I've taken for 2 reasons: Arco was Caelum's ally, and I needed to connect my western and central Europe with Asia Minor and beyond (and not go through the long route across northern Europe, Sibera and shit).

Johannes for preparing Caelum for my invasion. Seriously, I could not have defeated Caelum militarily, so once they went AI things settled a bit. And why thanks? Because it was interesting and worthy of effort to battle Caelum, and I've learned much. Thanks for this goes to mondblut also.

mondblut for agreeing to a peace treaty with my Ulm, where I had to cede several (less important) provinces to them, giving me time to prepare for the Throne Rush. Alas, they gave up much sooner than expected.

And finally, a special mention to KoolNoodles .

Not only did he send some of Machaka's gems to me (note: Machaka died during the first 20 turns I think), but he was instrumental in securing my victory AND territorial integrity during the last 30 to 40 turns. Without Oceania, controlled by KoolNoodles, I can state with certitude that I would not only be unable to score any sort of victory, but that I would most probably be reduced to a pittance of land, if not even completely annihilated, by my arch-rivals Arco and Caelum. He agreed to allow me a victory, and provided a way for it to be easily achieved, since Oceania controlled a 3-point victory point plus a province with a last 2-point VP necessary for my victory. That province I conquered with heavy losses, but it was worth it, since KoolNoodles said and honoured an agreement to not try to reclaim it...

Also, KoolNoodlles proved very trustworthy, contrary to some forum-dwellers' slanderous accusations...
GoR'edTartarians? On turn 54? And that's, of course, the result of a Fog Warrior casting and Pantokrator knows what else?

Guys, rule four.

sssoxt.jpg

Who the heck thought that leaving Malakal alone with a ton of resources was a good idea? Guys, rule four. NEVER give Malakal time.

You should all have seen Decline 2. That was some insane stuff.

See Dayyālu , KoolNoodles can be trusted after all... I was thinking, perhaps it has something to do with us both being prone to betrayal, and thus we can smell such things easily from many a miles away. So it was a natural and reasonable conclusion of us both not to even attempt betraying each other, since that wouldn't work... hence we both chose to cooperate and help each other in the end.

Betrayers need other betrayers to take care of them after all...:happytrollboy:

And that is it. Have a nice day/night, this game is finally over.

P.S. Can't be bothered to post an image of the entire map with province owners due to "technical difficulties", but one can easily alleviate that - just imagine Ulm controlling the Northern Hemisphere, while Caelum and Oceania control the eastern and western part of the Southern Hemispehere respectively, and you'll be more or less in the right.

P.P.S. Someone with a password can now declare this game officially over at the llamaserver.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
So KoolNoodles has been diligently working for you all along, despite being finely poised to win himself?

I guess he was even more annoyed with this game than the rest of us quitters :lol:

PS AI, I am disappoint.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom