Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 pbem: The Chronicles of Bogarus

Do you miss the stupid combat warcries of regular soldiers, like it used to be in Helheim LP?

• Yes, I need them back. Keep it stupid and funny!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No, it's sirius-ass roleplaying game. I'm fine with the way it is.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • TSAR KOMRADE KOMMISSAR

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The nastier the better. And that's clearly some emo guy in drag. Very Codex. I approve. The guy in blue pants looks altogether too happy to be chased the the drag queen. Again very Codex.

How nasty are we talking? Are you man enough to be a woman?

wCXiDTi.jpg

Got bored and left

Signing up to serve Mother Russ Bogarus! I can be whatever, make your pick based on what you need. Also, feel free to alter my nickname for RP purposes, I don't mind.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Signing up to serve Mother Russ Bogarus! I can be whatever, make your pick based on what you need. Also, feel free to alter my nickname for RP purposes, I don't mind.

How about Eparch?

7WcnRif.jpg

I plan to recruit one early on, maybe even on turn one. Two H3 casters (Prophet and Eparch) make first turn battles much easier, especially against low-numbered and heavy-armored stuff.

You can be Batushka Artemy! ("Batushka" means "Holy Father")

Old age will probably get you demented, crippled, blind and feebleminded very soon, but, err. Hm. You will be remembered?

Last edited:

Got bored and left

Sounds good! Love the name, too, I was thinking of Artemiy myself :)

Old age will probably get you demented, crippled, blind and feebleminded very soon, but, err. Hm. You will be remembered?

Hey, maybe I'll get to enjoy a quiet, natural death, instead of being exploded by some supernatural monstrosity. Fat chance of that actually happening, but a man can dream.
Anyway, za Rodinu!

I'll sign up! If you can mangle my name to fit the roleplaying purposes. Maybe translate 4th of July into Bogaslavic?

I'd like to be an overcautious and maybe even cowardly knyaz. But anything goes.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Great, another reminder that I should have bought this game on the sale. Though I wouldn't have had the time to play it anyway. :negative:

Sign me up as whatever you see appropriate, preferbly something that fits my name.

Andnjord

Arcane
preferbly something that fits my name.

A gift of reasoned Zmey?
13-Turn46_Zmey.png

UNLEASH THE ZMEYWAFFE!!!!

Hey, maybe I'll get to enjoy a quiet, natural death, instead of being exploded by some supernatural monstrosity. Fat chance of that actually happening, but a man can dream.

Shame on you, the only death a servant of our Lady can dream of is on the frontlines, trampled to death by a Kohen!

By the way Grimwulf, what are the current opponents?

EDIT: nevermind
Nations joined so far:
Atlantis
Bogarus
T'ien Ch'i
Gath
Pangaea
Ulm

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
A gift of reasoned Zmey?

That's a screen from Dom3, though. There you go with a modern one:

I wonder what should I do with GoR'd Zmey?:lol:

U09uCxr.jpg

By the way Grimwulf, what are the current opponents?

Atlantis, T'ien Ch'i, Gath, Pangaea and Ulm submitted their Pretenders already. Midgard, Pythium and Jomon should do it soon. And one more player haven't decided on nation yet. LA R'lyeh is banned, for the better or worse.

Got bored and left

Shame on you, the only death a servant of our Lady can dream of is on the frontlines, trampled to death by a Kohen!
Wait till you're my age, sport, and all you'll dream of is some samogon to warm you up and bowels that don't suck at being bowels.

Dat Dom 3 Zmey, one sexy looking beast. The current version looks a bit less impressive, to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Eh, not that I'd mind being a fire-breathing three-headed dragon, but would a Zmey really make a good target for GoR?

I'd be fine with anything with wings, really. Failing that, I guess something really obnoxious will do.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Sign me up!

Something blood magic related, if possible :) Dieing horribly is fine.

Got bored and left

Man, Bogarus has a really sweet flavour. Crazy flagellants, blood magic, creatures from Slavic mythology... I commend your choice, Grimwulf, this should be fun :russia:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
CHAPTER 1

1bT7wuv.jpg

This was not a pleasant morning for Namestnik.

0zDsoWM.jpg
POSHLA NAHUI, STARAYA VYEDMA! OUT OF MY WAY, I SAID!

He was moving through the crowd towards the central square, using his massive body as a battering ram against the gapers.

The ruckus began around 15 minutes ago, somewhere not far from Namestnik’s cottage. When he recognized the sounds of swordfight coming from the square, he immediately left to investigate, but the crowd was faster – just as usual. When he finally reached the destination, the fight was over.

Uncontrollable anger aroused inside Dmitry as he was looking at dead bodies lying around the statue of Tsar Boguslav. Last month he received a hefty sum of gold from Kaznachei in order to recruit mercenaries, and put an end to rebellions in nearby provinces. Asking mercenary bands from Arcoscephale and T’ien Ch’i to work together was probably a bad idea

0zDsoWM.jpg
What in the name of Kurgi have you done?!

20EZf0V.jpg
These filthy barbarians cannot follow even the simplest orders! They know nothing of discipline, formations, tactical appr…

3ZWk983.jpg
Silence, dog! A proud warrior of the steppes will never obey some lowly city-dweller like you! Go home and hide behind your woman’s skirt! Or maybe you prefer boys, you…

As the mercenaries were about to attack each other again, Namestnik’s roaring voice called for city guards, and commanded to throw all troublemakers in jail.

fkDQ5xA.jpg

YnKe3pB.jpg
If I understand you correctly, Dmitry… The mercenaries didn’t have our gold on them.

0zDsoWM.jpg
R-right, Vashe Sviateishestvo. I-I mean, Your Holiness.

Namestnik was always nervous and sweating when he spoke to the Patriarch.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Apparently, they stashed it somewhere, or maybe even spent every single coin already. The main question is: can they still fight?

0zDsoWM.jpg
I… I’m afraid not, Your Holiness. Most of them either died during the fight, or succumbed to their wounds right after that. Those who survived are not fit for battle. Ahem. If I may…

YnKe3pB.jpg
That’s enough, Dmitry.

The Patriarch looked at the other attendants of the meeting. There weren’t many: Kaznachei Yuri, Ambassador Boris, Royal Spy Katrina, Namestnik Dmitry and the Patriarch himself.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Tell me Yuri, do we have enough gold in the treasury to recruit another mercenary band?

MGrVVsy.jpg
Hardly so, Your Holiness. We’ve spent all the taxes gathered for the past three months. If only we trusted them to competent Veliky Knyaz instead of this chyort Dmitry.

0zDsoWM.jpg
WATCH YOUR TONGUE, SMERD!

wTTArIT.jpg
ENOUGH.

Ambassador’s voice, always confident and imposing, was perfectly suited to calm down emotional bursts, which happened frequently during these kinds of meetings.

wTTArIT.jpg
We don’t have the time to gather more taxes and wait for new mercenary bands to arrive. I’ve heard troubling rumors about our neighbors.

M32dEmN.jpg
Ambassador! I am almost offended!

Katrina stepped forward, winking at Boris, speaking playfully.

M32dEmN.jpg
If you plan to investigate rumors, I risk losing my post. Is it about Bu-Ti?

YnKe3pB.jpg
You mean Pantokrator’s wife?

wTTArIT.jpg
Indeed. They say that she proclaimed herself as the new God, and Barbarian Kings of T’ien Ch’I are currently gathering around her. Is it true, Katrina?

M32dEmN.jpg
Just a bit exaggerated, but true nonetheless. T’ien Ch’I’s state of affairs isn’t much different from our own. Much like Velikie Knyazi, their Barbarian Kings are dissolved and disordered. Unfortunately, that’s just a minor drop of water falling from the storm clouds above us.

MGrVVsy.jpg
What do you mean?

M32dEmN.jpg
Seems like Rasputin was right in his predictions of the events to come. Soon every major power of the world will claim their rights on Pantokrator’s Thrones of Ascension. Midgard, Pangaea, Ulm, Atlantis, Arcoscephale, Jomon, Gath, Pythium, T’ien Ch’i – they will all engage into bloody wars between each other. The Ascension Wars.

YnKe3pB.jpg
The Divine Laws cannot be disputed. Whoever possesses at least five Thrones of Ascension, shall become the Supreme Ruler of the realm. The new Pantokrator.

wTTArIT.jpg
The Supreme Ruler? I can almost understand why those pretentions Arcoscephale or power-hungry Pythium might consider themselves Pretenders. Their conceit and egocentrism had clouded last bits of common sense long time ago. But how can a “nation” like Atlantis possibly claim rights for Pantokrator’s Thrones?

M32dEmN.jpg
You will be surprised, my dear Ambassador. Carax. Have you ever heard that name?

wTTArIT.jpg
No. Thankfully, I didn’t have to negotiate with Atlantis during my civil service. I’ve never even considered them a nation.

M32dEmN.jpg
Let your good friend Katrina fill you in then. Carax is another Pretender that is currently attempting to unite people of Atlantis under his rule. Before claiming himself a God, he was basically a librarian.

0zDsoWM.jpg
WHAT?! EBUCHI SHAKAL!

wTTArIT.jpg
I see. You are telling me, the Amabassador of Bogarus, that I will have to accept some librarian as a diplomatic equal at some point?

M32dEmN.jpg
Exactly.

Yuri poured himself a glass of vodka.

MGrVVsy.jpg
When you are the only one capable of reading and writing in the entire nation, you might as well call yourself a God of these people! Cheers!

Dmity couldn't resist a smirk.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Boris, Katrina, Yuri. Enough small talk. Now that we have an understanding of the current situation, we must reclaim lost provinces and unite our people under the Tserkov’s teachings. We must not allow this heresy to spread. None of it!

MGrVVsy.jpg
We can use the city guard. Namestnik, what do we have availiable?

0zDsoWM.jpg
We have nothing. Not even enough to uphold the order here, in the city. Just a bunch of Vois and Peshtsi.

tMKGnlZ.jpg

jeMZhRf.jpg

0zDsoWM.jpg
If we send them out to nearby provinces, we might lose the capital itself. Besides, the rebels have been growing stronger. If we even hope to succeed, we need at least…

6rNobRS.jpg
Forty men.

Sudden rough, raspy voice from the shadows caught everyone by surprise. Only now did the attendants notice a tall motionless figure standing in the far corner, watching the meeting silently.

H2TgIJB.jpg

YnKe3pB.jpg
Grigori. How long have you been here?

6rNobRS.jpg
I am always somewhere nearby, Alexej.

The two elders looked up and down at each other for some moments. Nobody dared to interrupt their conversation.

6rNobRS.jpg
You need forty men, for a start. Others will join our cause as soon as the blood of sinners starts to flow.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Our cause? I am not sure I follow.

0zDsoWM.jpg
I don’t have that many in any case.

Rasputin raised his hand, calling for silence.

6rNobRS.jpg
I will take care of all necessary arrangements. All I need from you, Alexej, is one man of high standing in Tserkov. One of your Eparchs preferably, to accompany Sviatoslav and his warband.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Who trusted forty men to you, Grigori? Knyaz Chetverti? I doubt he even has that many. So who was it?

Rasputin smiled. The expression on his face became even more sinister.

6rNobRS.jpg
Countess Elizabeth Bathory.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
...damn, those are some pretty crappy foot soldiers...

Yeah, Bogarus is famously underpowered in early game because of shitty recruitable units and lack of any useful sacreds. But we'll manage. Have Faith!
I'm guessing since this is a RP game you won't be gangbanged too early then and have time to survive to mid-game then?
What does Bogarus mid-game look like then? Masses of communions with Pangea like hordes of Khlyst sneaking everywhere? Then what about the late game? Leshyi seem to make good SC but only in forests. They don't seem to have anything else spectacular. Anything I'm missing? Hordes of ethereal Zmeys? Blood from Occultists?

EDIT: If I end up as a Starets I humbly ask for the first pair of boots of Youth forged. If I'm a fashionable mage then I should by all mean receive the first pair of patented Bogaslavian fashion boots! (I also don't want to die of old age, 70 average is nasty :oops:)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom