Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 - Pink Natajara

Which era do you prefer?

• EA

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • MA

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • LA

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Voting is for democrats!

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Aren't you that guy from the First Law Trilogy?

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Looks like Samwise The Strong punched some fools. Good, quite good.

I'll be keeping that province for obvious reasons(you want magical diversity and good sacred troops for free??!), but I'm open to honest terms from mechanical men.

Otherwise, Sam can go to work.

He will turn the wasteland into a garden of delight!

Dayyālu

Arcane
zbhtcmjbsv.jpg
*Dum-de-dum* *reads* "as among ourselves, expediency seemed to dictate that I should regulate my practice conformably to the opinions of those with whom I should have to live; and it appeared to me that, in order to ascertain the real opinions of such, I ought rather to take cognizance of what they practised than of what they said, not only because, in the corruption of our manners, there are few disposed to speak as they truly believe, but also because very many are not aware of what it is that they really believe..."

zbhtcmjbsv.jpg
*Thinks a bit* "This one, despite being a human, was quite smart. Most of his writings are nothing but insane ramblings, but he at least recognizes the problem with..."

zrtotooolr.png
"
KIIIIING OH FOR THE PANTOKRATOR'S SAKE THE LIZARDS HAVE JUST ATTACKED OUR BORDER GUARDS UP NORTH AND THEY HAVE MILLIONS OF MAGICAL KNIGHTS AND LIZARDS SWORDS AND THINGS TWICE AS BIG AS ME AND....."

zbhtcmjbsv.jpg
"Be quiet, little one. There is nothing to worry about. We will simply release the Hounds and they will understand their foolishness soon enough. "very many are not aware of what it is that they really believe" indeed, I say!"

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Looks like Atlnomians needed another break from toiling under the hot sun. Who am I to argue?

And this is why:
Oun8CUS.jpg

The entire kingdom prayed and fasted, doing nothing else, hoping to ward off the vengeful spirits of the wasteland.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Judgement in Atlnomia is swift. Bartlby shall be avenged.

475.png

My lord! The mechanical men lead by Lord Homunculus(compensating with that big suit) have lead many raids on our sacred temples!

4814.jpg

Yeah but most of this junk is worthless anyways. The thrones are not even that great. So I ask you, does it really matter?

XUtolk0.jpg

475.png

But my Lord! They killed Bartlby! Ripped him fin from fin! The people are panicking!

Meep+_01f790ad8405652663b6f3e9e67dd9ab.jpg

4814.jpg

I had no idea....poor Bartlby..... Very well! We will act. Cease the fasting, cease the prayers. Send forth Samwise and our best warriors. Bartlby must be avenged! Swarm their suits, tear them from their metal chassis, fill the wastes with Tecaburgian blood!

200_s.gif

And there was much rejoicing.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Samwise must of course bring his soup to battle.

Spoiler Alert!

I went E9 Dom9 on a Cyclops.

Z8PhJmU.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
4990324-16x9-940x529.jpg

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science! Are we done yet?

esojqqglwr.jpg
We’re done when I say we’re done.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
We got neighbour issues to take care of!

esojqqglwr.jpg
What with neighbours?

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
Gaelinia sent some mercs to raid a small desert junk den a few months back. Rictus kept a manhole there.

esojqqglwr.jpg
A hideout?

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
No, a gay lover. You deaf bitch! Anyway, Rictus Erectus gave 'em some payback already.

esojqqglwr.jpg
Calgaya is asking to be beaten too.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
Where is Calgaya?

esojqqglwr.jpg
No idea. But they sent a messenger with threats, calling us a "neighbours" and making demands about some "Throne". As I see it, their government are using my product.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
Our product.

esojqqglwr.jpg
My product. Be thankful I made you a part of the operation.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
Ah, like I came to you, begging to cook meth. Oh, hey, nerdiest old dude I know, you wanna come cook crystal? Please. I’d ask my diaper-wearing granny, but her wheelchair wouldn’t fit in the RV.

esojqqglwr.jpg
Oh, shut up and send somebody competent do deal with Djarnis.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
Those wars are retarded. We’re all on the same page. The one that says, if I can’t kill you, you’ll sure as shit wish you were dead.

Dayyālu

Arcane
zrtotooolr.png
*grumbles* Those insane madmen.... this desert if full of insane madmen.... and the King should act, as it is proper....

fxqnxrmvyh.png
"Can I interrumpt?"

zrtotooolr.png
"You can. I want information. How's going the siege against the Lizardmen? I doubt that they can do something now. Their False God must be planning some underhanded thing, but we have that covered. I want info on the Crackheads and on Gaelinia. And Djanris, I SWEAR if they manage to start that "chariot" of theirs and we discover that's a fully functional land battleship or some kind of crazy flying fortress I'm going to cry until I die."

fxqnxrmvyh.png
"The Chosen of Tekachu have left the Throne province, and it seems that Djanris and its slave armies have moved against them. I guess it was merely a fluke for them, or they failed to find the right way while being heavily intoxicated. Like always. About Gaelinia, well, our spies are puzzled. Where do they find all that gold? They can buy the loyalty of the most expensive merc warbands, they have managed to build a Castle on our borders and their battle tactics are a mistery for all our Castellans."

zrtotooolr.png
"A CASTLE? WHERE THE FUCK THEY HAVE FOUND THE RESOURCES AND THE...the... *sigh*. Let's start sending more messengers. Maybe the King is right. We can't win this by bruteforcing everything. We are not high on meth like someone else.

zrtotooolr.png
"Wisdom! I need to go for a walk and relax a bit. My nerves...."

SUDDENLY

akjewozqtp.png

GENERIC EPIC MUSIC IN BACKGROUND

lucywtwvcb.png
I

zrtotooolr.png
"Well fuck. Shittiest Karma ever."

Dayyālu

Arcane
zrtotooolr.png
"Be quick. That Demon Gate will not close by itself any soon. CALL THE EXARCHS, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING! THE KING? WHERE IS THE KING?"

fxqnxrmvyh.png
"The king has sent word that he will start the summoning of the Blessed Ancients shortly. And of course, there are the spy reports about a third Gaelinian fortress and the fact that now they are sieging Djanris and that they still have...."

zrtotooolr.png
"A THIRD FORTRESS? WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING? HAVE THEY FOUND A FREAKING GOLD MINE? *WE* EMPLOY UNDEADS EN MASSE AND CAN BARELY KEEP UP WITH THE *unnngh* *unghhhh*"

fxqnxrmvyh.png
"About the Demon Gate. A bunch of humans in weird armour has been found near the prisons. We don't have any idea from where they come from, and their language is a debased dialect. The one with the fanciest dress has requested audience with you."

zrtotooolr.png
" It's the king's job. If only he was not lost on the remembrance of the past.... take this human to me. Maybe he will be useful. For once. We need all the help we can get."

qgquaghqwn.png
You....I've seen you...let me see your face... you are the one from my dreams...then the stars were right, and this is the day...

jqhjevtune.png

zrtotooolr.png
*starts sobbing*

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Meanwhile in Tecaburg

rgeuizxgth.jpg

esojqqglwr.jpg
We have a contamination.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
WH..?! Oh, you mean the Manfish came back. Dude, you scared the shit out of me. When you say it's contamination. I mean, I'm thinking like... an ebola leak or something.

esojqqglwr.jpg
Ebola.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
Yeah, it's a disease on the Discovery Channel where all your intestines sort of just slip right out of your butt.

esojqqglwr.jpg
Thank you, I know what ebola is. Send Tekachu to Altnom for negotiating.

KoolNoodles, you see a thing.

sljqcwcvdw.jpg

It looks comforting. By its gestures you can tell that it's about to obliterate your army. It only says "TEKA TEKA", but somehow you understand that you have a last chance to turn back peacefully, and it's very likely that Tecaburg won't seek retribution no more.

Something in your pants urges you to give an answer.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Two can play that game:

Grimwulf, aka Lord Humanity, you see a giant school of fish outside your capital, dwarfing what little men you have.

CATERS_SWIMMING_IN_A_TORNADO_OF_FISH_02-800x498.jpg

The fish move rhythmically, in unison, with purpose. They seem benign and peaceful, yet something deep in your mechanical gut tells you that is just for appearances.

Willpower save against mind attack:
Roll(1d20)+-5:
14,+-5
Total:9
Fail.

A vision of a floating corpse, nibbled down to the torso, stabs its way into your conscience for just a moment before you suppress it. It leaves you shaken.

Modifier added: Morale - 3

An overwhelming sense of dread now takes hold, and you know you must act soon.

What do you do?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
2nn2DVW.jpg

Uhhh.....might want to sort this one out. Who wants to play a probably dead nation(sorry Jagreen)?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
ifbgdpmzkz.png

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
Oh, look. Another zombie messenger from Calgaya. Tellin' us to cease fire with fishes, the BITCH.

esojqqglwr.jpg
Use acid to dispose of the body. I don't have time for this.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
What, no reply this time?

esojqqglwr.jpg
These fish-midget motherfuckers came to my land twice. They bothered my customers, almost came to my home, then went away. Right after I established my southern network from scratch, they came again! And REFUSED to go away when I sent an ambassador to negotiate. They messed with my head instead. I had all those... visions. After we finish cleaning up this mess... we will go our separate ways. Our paths will never cross and we will tell this to no one. Understood?

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
Oh, what I can talk now? How are you going to clean this mess when we lost so many Chosen Warriors fighting that overgrown midget?

furgddvqvi.jpg

esojqqglwr.jpg
Soon our main army will be ready. Nobody challenged Master Blaster and his chosen ones, and this month he will claim Thunderdome as his own!

dqrstllwyi.jpg

esojqqglwr.jpg
Let the fishes and midgets run back and hide inside their huts for now. Right after my army of Chosen Warriors will be free, I will lead them into my holy crusade agaisnt Altnom. Personally.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
Why can't you just let go? We won the fishes, they learned the lesson. Actually, we learned the lesson too. Do you know those bracers we give Chosen Warriors to enhance the effect of crystal meth? Apparently, multiple bracers have even larger effect on them!

cvqmcgqkty.jpg

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
Pretty cool, huh? Come on. We have better things to do. No need to put ourselves in danger.

esojqqglwr.jpg
I am not in danger, Jesse. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Dayyālu

Arcane
2nn2DVW.jpg

Uhhh.....might want to sort this one out. Who wants to play a probably dead nation(sorry Jagreen)?

Ahh, that explains why he ignored diplo attempts, clumsily raided me and now he's getting sieged by my main army.

Not even worth bothering, IMHO. Set him to AI if you want to inconvenience me a little, or leave the fortress to rot. Soon it will be over for 'em.

By the way, a single doubt. What the heck are those things exactly?

cvqmcgqkty.jpg

I mean the poptype. They're not Hoburgs, I think, but I fail to recognize the pilot. If they have a pilot. What kind of insane civilization builds giants metal flying power armours and gives them Obsidian Swords?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
By the way, a single doubt. What the heck are those things exactly?

The names are Mictlanish, and so is the equip. They have natural armor, and they are considered to be mounted. KoolNoodles attempted to use Destruction spell on them, which obviously had almost no effect. Some of my units had their shields affected a bit, which led to decrease in defence skill.

aqahpnqqyt.jpg

Annoying, but not really crucial.

Also, they only have misc slots. And 75% protection from afflictions. Given everything, I would say they are some sort of sentient humanoids that are mostly animals, but not animals enough to have Animal trait. Like minotaurs or smth.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Ridiculous, is what they are. :)

Edit: At least aside from some gems I don't need, it was mostly a wash. Gotta love chaos recruit(not really, but sometimes).

Still though, freaking monstrosities, and that bracer things is stupid. :lol:

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Grimwulf, aka Lord Humingus Dew, your sleep is unsettled. Visions of a battle most terrible flit through your mind as you toss and turn. Of crows and dead men.

death%20battle%20knights%20fantasy%20art%20warband%20medieval%20arrows%20ravens%20lost%20imperia%20online%201920x1080%20wal_www.wallpaperhi.com_49.jpg

Willpower save against dream spiral
Roll(1d20)+-2:
19,+-2
Total:17
Pass.

You fight back the visions and start to slip into a peaceful slumber, when suddenly......!

A slap of something wet hitting the door jolts you awake.

As you leap up to investigate you hear the patter of feet(or fins?) receding in the distance. "Where are my guards?", you wonder.

Upon opening the door you see two objects lying at your feet:

a_fish_wrapped_in_newspaper__by_skchen-d67rr6m.jpg
A fish wrapped in fading parchment, that on closer inspection seems to have two rusty mechanical bolts replacing its eyeballs.

Photo-4-Inside-the-Brunswick-phonograph.jpg
The other is a device that might seem at home in your world, though you do not recognize it. There are instructions as to its use scrawled on a piece of parchment. It seems to be some sort of sound playback device, and only one "song" is still working(your people don't "sing").

You decide to play it.

Willpower save against emotions
Roll(1d20)+3:
12,+3
Total:15
Fail.

While skeptical at first, and ignorant of rhythm, language, or love, you can't help but be swayed somewhat by this "song's" noises. Almost immediately, though you don't understand why, you feel somehow "nicer".
Modifier: Charisma +1

You now have a choice before you, as the two images couldn't be clearer: war or peace?

What do you do?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom