Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 - Pink Natajara

Which era do you prefer?

• EA

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • MA

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • LA

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Voting is for democrats!

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Aren't you that guy from the First Law Trilogy?

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
So, Dreaad. Cheburashka is invading this turn? Dis gonna b gud.

If somebody's willin' to finish off Calgaya, the offer of reward is still online! Dem monkeys just skellyspam, nothing fancy.

If not, suit yourselves, you lazy basterds. Will do everything myself.

Dayyālu

Arcane
If somebody's willin' to finish off Calgaya, the offer of reward is still online! Dem monkeys just skellyspam, nothing fancy.

If not, suit yourselves, you lazy basterds. Will do everything myself.

4L7rJnw.png

zrtotooolr.png
"Walls holding. Let's see if they can do anything but throw those abominations around. Dem Tecaburgians rely just on their sacreds, nothing fancy. What do you mean that Master Ajaka got mute from a disease? HE WAS OUR BEST ASTRAL CASTER"

mondblut

Arcane
Opens a Demon gate. IF someone does not close it with Priests, things gets nasty as a second and third gate open. It's fun* In Dwarfortressian sense.

Sorry for offtopic, but I am too lazy to ask elsewhere. What do I do with the horror cult event? I allowed it to blow up and now it spams a horror to the province every bloody turn. I am patrolling it with 50 to 100 men (+20 pd), preaching with about 10 priest levels total, and sent the pretender (well, a disciple for what it's worth) in there as a clue suggested at one point, but nothing happens. I already snatched one horror with enslave mind, still I'd rather not bother than keep this expensive operation up.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
What do I do with the horror cult event?

You get a random amount of time to preach it out (3-4 white candles should be enough). But once the time limit runs out, you get the "Horror cullt has gained foothold" event. From this point and forth, you are stuck with it til the end of the game.

Have fun!

:hero:

mondblut

Arcane
You get a random amount of time to preach it out (3-4 white candles should be enough). But once the time limit runs out, you get the "Horror cullt has gained foothold" event. From this point and forth, you are stuck with it til the end of the game.

Well, it gained foothold years ago by now :( So is there absolutely nothing I could do from now on? It keeps warning "A leader of the Horror Cult is spreading his blasphemies in secret! Unless found and dealt with, the Cult will grow in power and influence!", which in a typical uselessly vague way seems to imply there is something to "find and deal with".

I guess I'll have to keep up my horror-capturing facility then :(

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
"A leader of the Horror Cult is spreading his blasphemies in secret! Unless found and dealt with, the Cult will grow in power and influence!"

Actually, you can deal with the leader (not with the horror cult itself). The leader is just a False Prophet commander, and you have to patrol the province with enough meat to find him. Remember tho, no matter how big is your patrol, the sneaking commanders always have a chance to avoid it.

But then you'll get another leader, and another, and more provinces will be affected, etc. Fun times.

mondblut

Arcane
Actually, you can deal with the leader (not with the horror cult itself). The leader is just a False Prophet commander, and you have to patrol the province with enough meat to find him. Remember tho, no matter how big is your patrol, the sneaking commanders always have a chance to avoid it.

But then you'll get another leader, and another, and more provinces will be affected, etc. Fun times.

So it's basically only to stop it from spreading. Meh. Even pillaging the province into 0 population won't help, I suppose. Not fair...

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
iron_man_hud.jpg
Gimme a tactical display of the battle against the meth heads H.

diagnostic.jpg

iron_man_hud.jpg
Good. Step two H, start preparation for the gem rockets. We'll see what Heinsenberg can cook with burning rocket fuel. Maybe he'll rethink if not paying his wasteland taxes is worth having his labs destroyed.

Dayyālu

Arcane
zrtotooolr.png
"Are you trying to say that a bunch of starving Ogres lead by HOBBITSES in POWER ARMOUR killed a ton of Tecaburgians, plus one of their treasured heroes, the so-called "Imperator Furiosa"?"

BbnJWVy.png
"Yes, Monkey Lord. That's what I saw."

zrtotooolr.png
"I'm not that good in this job. I should retire and give everything to Cheburaska's followers. They can even keep the King as a librarian or something, not that it would make a difference from what he's doing now.... between this and Magus Kumar getting sniped by bandits I'm starting to think I'm not the more qualified monkey to run this nation. Ajaka, my dear, do you think you could be a better leader?"

thirdwisemonkey.png

zrtotooolr.png
"Thought so. C'mon, guys, time to move! Let's show those Cheburaskans that we can keep the druggies out of our lawn too!"

monkeys1-300x222.jpg
TO WAR!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
article-2456889-189DF3CE00000578-820_634x814.jpg

esojqqglwr.jpg
This is the end, Jesse. We've lost.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
This is fucked up, dude. They killed Rictus! They killed Furiosa! HOW?!

esojqqglwr.jpg
Even Calgayan scum could kill them in this state. They fought without meth.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
You should have forseen this, BITCH!

esojqqglwr.jpg
I did. And I took this risk. The plan was to attack their army from two sides, cutting the escape route at the same time.

dgnrna.jpg

esojqqglwr.jpg
Me, you, and all the heavy cavalry was coming from south-east. Max had all the meth we've cooked so far.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
Obviously.

esojqqglwr.jpg
But these goddamn iron asses were faster than us.

jdqxal.jpg

esojqqglwr.jpg
And now it's all over.

rxmlbs.png

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
So, that's it? We surrender? Just like that? Nothing I can do?

esojqqglwr.jpg
... Look, Jesse, I don't need you to be Antoine Lavoisier. Uh, what I do need is your full effort and attention. Listen and apply yourself. If you do that, we just might have a fighting chance here, okay?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
jmyhmw.jpg

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
And he agreed? And you really trust him to keep the word?

esojqqglwr.jpg
Jesse, Tecaburg and Illdorf are the last nations left in this desert that are still populated by white men. Not monkey scavengers or obese fish-people, but real white men. Honor is not an empty word for us.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
A duel then.

esojqqglwr.jpg
Mano a mano. Whoever wins, becomes twice as powerful. And the loser becomes history.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
Holy fuck. Who will be our champion? And what about Illdorf?

esojqqglwr.jpg
Let's see.

rxlpxd.jpg

esojqqglwr.jpg
Illdorf will most likely send Karl, that legendary bastard. They say his attacks never miss. Our Meth Rating Agency rated it 30 out of average 10.

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
Rictus Erectus couldn't choose a worse time to die. Who do we send? Tekachu? Master Blaster? Maybe Organic Mechanic?

esojqqglwr.jpg
Dammit, Jesse! I don't know! The tension is killing me!

ujomqkjcpo.jpeg
We are so fucked right now.

esojqqglwr.jpg
Let's just go to the meeting place. We agreed to confirm this duel and its rules with Iron Man.

Later that week, somewhere in the desert.

imyhma.jpg

esojqqglwr.jpg
Let's get this over with, Iron Man.

- This month our champions clash. One versus One, no fishy monkey tricks. The champions must be sacred to our nations.
- The champions are free to equip anything they like.
- During the battle, the champions are free to do whatever they like for 5 combat turns. They can consume meth bless themselves or simply wait. When the counter is over, they will attack.
- No rematches. Whether any of them dies or runs away, he is considered to be the loser.
- We both know where the duel will be held, so no need to repeat it. The desert has ears.

Whoever loses this match becomes the vassal of the winner for 10 months, starting from month 39. The liege nation can still rule over vassal on month 49, but the vassal will be free again on month 50. Liege can demand literally anything from his vassal, but let us be clear on some restrictions:

- Liege can't demand more than 50gp AND 5 gems per turn from vassal.
- Liege can't demand to send over items from vassal.
- Liege can't order to do nothing (stale). If the vassal has spare gold/gems/warbands after completing leige's orders, he is free to to whatever he likes.
- Liege can't tell Pretender what to do. Metamphetamine and Cheburashka are independent creatures.
- Liege can take over provinces and Thrones from the vassal, but every province with a fortification in it cannot be taken away, and will remain in vassal's possession.
- Vassal cannot trespass the territory of his liege, unless ordered to do so.

esojqqglwr.jpg
Do you agree to these terms? Are you ready to show the lowly desert creatures how the real men fight?

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
imyhma.jpg

ironman3_mark42_face_full.jpg
I'm surprised you came, guess some men in the wasteland still have honor. *Glances at Jesse cowering in the distance* Me personally, I'm not very good at following orders, only giving them, so I hope your champion is prepared to lose. We've been making something special for the occasion, a special suit for Karl. He's quite excited.

1baddies-gal-irinmonger.jpg
I've never really had a taste for this kind of thing, but I must admit I'm deeply enjoying the new suit!

ironman3_mark42_face_full.jpg
One final stipulation. Any gear dropped from the dead champion, belongs to the winner.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Also, Dreaad. If you didn't interrupt my movement, this was the formation you would see:

fuvuli.jpg

I call it "THE TRUCK OF DOOM", patented Tecaburgian battle tactics.

Believe it or not, it's the first time I see men moving from fortification being interrupted. Somehow I thought it was either impossible; or those men would just stay inside the fort, not go the fuck out and fight you as if they were patrolling. Learning something new about this game every day.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Believe it or not, it's the first time I see men moving from fortification being interrupted. Somehow I thought it was either impossible; or those men would just stay inside the fort, not go the fuck out and fight you as if they were patrolling. Learning something new about this game every day.

Outta character.

Move rules in Dom4 are mightily unclear to me, but you would have triumphed by defending the fortress on Vindorf with that force. I've never found a way to intercept a moving army, my guess is that they can even switch places happily. Only if someone waits for the other you can be 100% sure of catchin' them, or with attacks from Stealth (they seem to have priority) and of course rituals. Dom3 had different rules, if I remember right (you could inconvenience armies with scout attacks, nay?).

But yeah, the fort thing that you suffered was a first to observe for me (and I don't have your experience). Nasty stuff.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
but you would have triumphed by defending the fortress on Vindorf with that force.

Nope, didn't have nearly enough H casters nearby. It was either risking it, or waiting an extra turn for everybody to arrive. Seeing how you slowpokes prepare to gang on poor old me, I decided not to waste any time.

*observations about intercepting*

Likewise, if you give an army the order to move into an adjacent enemy province, and on the same turn
an army in that province gets the order to move into yours, then one of three things can happen:

● There is a battle in the enemy province between the two armies;
● There is a battle in your province between the two armies;
● The armies miss one another and exchange places.

Which event occurs depends on the size of the armies in question and the terrain involved.

The description is a bit vague, and I also suspect it to be false. It depends on what they mean by "size". Quantity of troops and nothing else? Do you count size or speed or strength? Or maybe size = power? I've seen much smaller bands intercepting large armies. After a certain game against Caelum, I started to believe that flying units have some sort of movement priority when calculating interception. At some point I almost started to believe that interception depends on commander's id, and nothing else.

Namely, I had a test game somewhere where two armies moved on each other, both coming from non-fortified farmland provinces. One was twice as bigger than the other. I've tested the exact same scenario dozen of times. The smaller band ALWAYS intercepted the larger one, for no fucking reason. Then I gave up on figuring that out, and simply followed my insticts.

It was a bad call.

:negative:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
This day the WHITE MEN of the desert clashed. There was no trickery or foul play. Not a single monkey involved. Man versus Man, in fight that determined the destiny of entire nations Tecaburg and Illdorf.

knxbcc.jpg

Tecaburg sent Tekachu to be the champion. The most meth-ridden warrior of the entire nation. The one who consumed so much crystal, he forgot how to talk, and now his only desire was to tear everything to shreds.

rfsoek.jpg

Alas, Tecaburg lacks techological progress, and thus can only provide modest equipment for its Chosen Warriors.

Illdorf sent Karl. And in the name of Meth Allmighty, was he prepared for this...

fvudkh.jpg

Right from the start, Tekachu faced a major problem: despite decent attack skill, his weapon is simply not long enough to hit Karl reliably.

cnjdpu.jpg

Karl's damage dealing was tremendous.

iyhfhw.jpg

One attack followed after another, and all that Tekachu could do is pray. His armour, his defence skill, his regeneration, or at least his lucky charm should buy him some time until the fear effect comes into play. Right?

cjnqbb.jpg

... No. Even if he managed to defend himself against that insane attack barrage, he would succumb to deadly poison faster than Karl's morale broke. Tekachu was doomed to die this day.

idavcx.jpg

jiacjt.png

esojqqglwr.jpg
I can cook 97% pure crystal. I can fend off fishmen aggressors and agree to coexist peacefully. I can slay the giant snake of Gaelinia. I can besiege all Calgaya fotifications. But nothing of this can compare to opposing Illdorf and the war genius of Iron Man.

imyhma.jpg

esojqqglwr.jpg
You have bested me both on the battlefield and during the duel of honor. I submit. Tecaburg is yours to command.

ooc

I was completely unprepared for poison dual-wield. Somehow, I was absolutely sure that Karl will use his Wraith Sword. Thus I imagined much longer battle, where both sides have trouble dealing damage due to all that regen, defence, luck charm and other resistances. Since both of them had Fear 5, but Tekachu's morale was stronger, I was hoping that Karl would eventually break and run.

In retrospective, not much I could do with just three misc slots. Especially since this arrangement was rather spontanious, and my Diamond Masters didn't even have access to labs. So I basically had to equip what I could and hope for the best.

Great job, Dreaad. Congratulations on your victory well deserved. Now go ahead and tear my nation apart.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom