Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 - Pink Natajara

Which era do you prefer?

• EA

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • MA

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • LA

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Voting is for democrats!

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Aren't you that guy from the First Law Trilogy?

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
Caul Shivers said:
Don't really want to hassle myself with a random draft tbh. Grab what seems fun and roll with it, first come first served bases. I'll pick last cause I'm good like that, and I want to give you guys a fighting chance.

Oh yeah, we're playing on Llama-rama-ding-dong-server

Bad move. Better making a random list of players and working from that, or those who CAN check the factions will take all the goodies.

Lulz is gud, "first come first served" is not.

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Well if someone wants to volunteer and do the draft then by all means do it. I'm quite impartial to the picking method. Don't worry about Grimwulf already choosing, nobody cares what he has to say.

I'll share the map tomorrow likely. I'm pretty sure I have it somewhere but I need to dig it up first.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
How about something more simple and devious. Pick a nation for the guy that posted above you, you must be in the game to pick for someone. People may only post once until everyone has a nation :incline:
A truly codexian solution. Glorious :butthurt: to follow.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
How about something more simple and devious. Pick a nation for the guy that posted above you, you must be in the game to pick for someone. People may only post once until everyone has a nation :incline:
A truly codexian solution. Glorious :butthurt: to follow.

But where is the fun in suffering thru the game as something you didn't even want to play?

Most of normal Desura games are played "first come first served" principle. It's simply faster, and this way people can play something they like. But here we want to make every lulz pbem as some kind of World Fucking Grandmaster Championship, with drafts and sirius business. Come on.

Let's just take whatever suits you and start the game.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Are you guys done accepting entries into this one? Because it looks like all my other games are postponed for the next month.

Dreaad

Arcane
But where is the fun in suffering thru the game as something you didn't even want to play?

Most of normal Desura games are played "first come first served" principle. It's simply faster, and at people can play something they like. But here we want to make every lulz pbem as some kind of World Fucking Grandmaster Championship, with drafts and sirius business. Come on.

Let's just take whatever suits you and start the game.
Fuck it fine. I can't look at the nations right now. So just pick something non-terrible for me :salute:

Mraston

Learned
Can I be Djanris?

This guy:

W6qUqG6.png

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Sweet. Yeah I'd like to play, won't pick until later today though, so don't take all the hobbits!

Caul Shivers

Scholar
KoolNoodles, you're in. K, back to first come first served. Pick your favorites and let's be done with it you nuttjobs. 29 nations and 10 players. I doubt someone will end up with something they don't like,and if you do, well fuck it I'll add MOAR nations.

Sweet. Yeah I'd like to play, won't pick until later today though, so don't take all the hobbits!

The correct term is filthy hobbitses.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Grimwulf took the recruitable E5 mages already eh. With the 10 ele resist 20 naked prot sacreds.

Dreaad

Arcane
KoolNoodles, you're in. K, back to first come first served. Pick your favorites and let's be done with it you nuttjobs. 29 nations and 10 players. I doubt someone will end up with something they don't like,and if you do, well fuck it I'll add MOAR nations.

The correct term is filthy hobbitses.
You should update first post every time someone picks a nation, so there is less confusion.

Johannes

Arcane
Grimwulf took the recruitable E5 mages already eh. With the 10 ele resist 20 naked prot sacreds.
Who are also mounted, somehow.

The Channin sacreds are pretty ridiculous. When you factor in the turmoil reduction, they cost 15g a piece. And in Turmoil3 (or unrest) they have def-20 out of the box, and 3 att-15 attacks. W9D9 Demilich?
The A1N2?1 mage is also effectively just 135g a piece in T-3.
And the sailing, diving SC chassis of course, who can trapeze/mistform/personal regen/etc. Where to get brands for him though, is a real problem.

The paths on the mages are nothing special but this is likely the only faction that won't go broke immediately.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Who are also mounted, somehow.

And flying. And protected from afflictions. And recruitable anywhere.

Still, I think that Chaninn is a much stronger nation in given circumstances.

The A1N2?1 mage is also effectively just 135g a piece in T-3.

Besides, he is sacred and therefore cheap to maintain. Arguably the most economical researcher among nations in given circumstances.

Andnjord

Arcane
Is there any way to check the different nations without having to create a new game for each one of them?

Never mind, just found out how to do it through the mod Inspector.

EDIT: I'm not getting any images for the units, is this normal? How am I to find my knight riding hobburg-goats?

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
Ok, I pick Fraburg.

Goat Cavaliers here I come!

However I do reserve myself the possibility to change my mind if something nicer comes along.

EDIT: I pick Vindorf now. And it's final.

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
<johannes> Elmokki, chaos recruitment values in nationgen seem way overboard to me
<johannes> ive got a nation with 45g sacreds with 10 chaos recruitment
<johannes> who would so-so be worth the 45g already
<johannes> same nation has mages at 360 (68 crec) and 260 (42)
<johannes> so you end with an sc chassis for 160g
<Elmokki> johannes: I nerfed them somewhat in 0.6.5
<Elmokki> or 0.6.6
<Elmokki> not sure what's actually in 0.6.5 :D
<Elmokki> it was a fubar release
<Elmokki> was it with that version?
<Elmokki> I didn't nerf them too heavily though
<johannes> not sure, i didnt create the nations myself
<johannes> is there a way to check from the created mod folder?
<johannes> heres the mod though if you want to check http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ns-4-pink-natajara.101920/page-2#post-4061853
<Elmokki> .dm file start
<Elmokki> 0.6.4
<Elmokki> so yeah
<Elmokki> it has the old chaosrec values
<Elmokki> now, they may still be too high, but they are lower
<Elmokki> those are hand picked nations in the mod anyway
<Elmokki> also
<Elmokki> do tell people that shapechanges, some of them anyway, are broken in that mod
<Elmokki> A LOT of stuff has wrong stats
<Elmokki> #copystats and then generic stat definitions
<Elmokki> basically you can search for #copystats in the .dm and remove everything that feels weird after that
<Elmokki> because there is, for example, a scorpion cavalry that leaves behind a scorpion with 10 hp, 10 str, 10 att, 10 str, etc
<Elmokki> human stats
<Elmokki> actually chaosrec values are surprisingly high still
<Elmokki> gonna tune them down a wee bit more for 0.6.7

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So we use the new version and gen new nations? Because shape changing is indeed broken atm.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom